General Suggestions for Improvement

+
Dear CD Project Red,

I really hope you are reading this. I have been a huge and dedicated fan of your Witcher-Game-Series and played each title at least six times. With Cyberpunk now released i want to clarify, that I never at any point during the developement expected another Witcher Game, let alone a Witcher 3. I am playing the game at the moment and there are several things I would like to address, that deserve improvement (imo) for future designs or even developements on new games. But first and foremost I want to say that you developed and designed a massive and beautiful world with huge potential. There are however a lot of things which I consider flawed. So I am going to address those things in this thread, hoping you are reading this und will consider them in future developement.

First I am going to start with positive feedback I have for your game:
1. Impressive graphics as well as a beautiful World-Design --> The Cyberpunk-Universe got a lot of potential in my opinion
2. A well done leveling up system with great perks for specific playstyles that also have significant impact on the gameplay itself
3. Great action-gameplay
4. Funny and immersive side missions
5. Cool Character Designs
6. Cool Main Missions

Now to the things that need improvement:
1. The map is too big --> Seriously CDPR the time of huge open worlds is over. Noone likes a huge world that offers very little interaction in relation to their sizes (Look at Mass Effect Andromeda and you will understand). It´s actually one of the points I hated about Witcher 3 (considering i am a huge fan of the series that says a lot) I think the last good open world game made was GTA V. And honestly... don´t try to outdo Rockstar, because you won´t be able to, which brings me to the next point.

2. DONT DO GTA !!!! --> You are not Rockstar and you will never be. As you are probably aware by now (because of a lot of complaints been made by angry fans), the AI on the streets of Cyberpunk 2077 is pretty much messed up. Pretty much everything from driving to the intelligence of bystanders is just not half as good as it is in GTA V. So don´t develope a game which literally forces the playerbase to compare it regarding these elements with a huge title like GTA V, that specified itself on those elements. But honestly... I for instance, didnt want to play GTA when I saw Cyberpunk. I wanted Witcher in a futuristic setting, maybe even with some easter eggs. I wanted a new world with new options for a new role to play. You delivered that much in your witcher games but sadly not really in Cyberpunk.

3. No real RPG --> I think a big flaw in modern RPGs is, that the developers have forgotten what a real rpg looks like. Fundamentally u need to generate the circumstances and possibilities so that a gamer can play as many roles as possible inside your game. You need to give opportunities in which the protagonist show his character traits (is he easily upset, is he rational, intellectual, a joker...). That above all requires decision making that actually has meaning. That obviously needs to be done first and foremost for the main story line, but we gamers are really happy and thankfull if we even see the slightest change in the world based on our actions in side missions. Also you need to give more than just two options in dialogue. If you need an example how decision making and dialogue options are really done inside of a RPG i would recommend you looking into Games like Baldurs Gate, Dragon Age and the Mass Effect Series (1-3 obviously, not Andromeda!)

4. Repetitive Missions Designs --> That point regards specifically the blue spots on the map but also most of the side missions. There is not a big variety between "stealth" and "run in and smash everything". There should be more mission types that really differ from each other. For example there could be missions where you can only use one type of weapon. Or more minigames that can be integrated into the hacking gameplay. If you are looking for variety in gaming i would recommend looking into Nier Automata, because that game had gameplay that neever ever got old. Bring more fresh and new things into your gameplay. The Action is cool and all, but we all like some alternation.

Those are my big points that need to change in the future. Even if Cyberpunk cant be changed on such a scale now, i hope these points will be reconsidered in future games, because you CDPR can develope and design great worlds and universes. You just need to fill them with the things that make a gamer happy.
I will continue playing Cyberpunk as I have fun at the moment. That´s the reason why I will be posting things I come across with, which I think will need improvement in the future.

Hey CDPR here are my 5 cents:

- Mark turns with a waypoint/quest marker/something while driving: Checking the mini-map while going 170, dodging traffic on my Kusanagi in the city is annoying, and I miss a lot of turns because of this. I don't expect a path indication like during the races, but a quest waypoint near the next turn would be awesome. If it is placed so I can even take the turn without checking the minimap would be even better.
- Please add a holster button on PC. Double clicking the cycle weapon button gets really annoying when I miss the rhythm and switch weapon instead. Also with perks to speed up pistol holster/draw I simply cannot holster them with a double click anymore.
- V's Reflections are missing: it is really strange that V do not have any reflections, e.g. when we go to a construction site with a japanese gentlemen to do some recon, the lift has a reflective door but only the the aforementioned gentlemen is visible. Or when one of the epilogues the reflection in a pair of rocker shades is used to comment on V's face, but nothing is visible. I know some .ini editing would enable the reflection of a headless V, and that is far less distracting than nothing ... however strange that sounds.
- Batch crafting consumables: You can dismantle in a batch but not craft ... strange.
- Limited car customization: Just a few skins for my rides please. I mean I'd live to ride a black Kusanagi some of the time, or a Coyote with a nomad paintjob ... I mean V's must be the most boring Coyote in night city: no cool paints on it at all, while Wraiths have fluorescent ghosts, not to mention the cool paintjobs of the Aldecaldos.

- I would love a DLC where you can do something about that "6 months", but satisfied as things are now on that front ;) So any story focused DLCs would be great.

That's about it.
I personally love the game.

- V's Reflections are missing: it is really strange that V do not have any reflections, e.g. when we go to a construction site with a japanese gentlemen to do some recon, the lift has a reflective door but only the the aforementioned gentlemen is visible. Or when one of the epilogues the reflection in a pair of rocker shades is used to comment on V's face, but nothing is visible. I know some .ini editing would enable the reflection of a headless V, and that is far less distracting than nothing ... however strange that sounds.
V = Vampire :shrug:

Hey guys it would be really useful to have an option to change your screen aspect i have tried playing my hard copy of cyberpunk on 3 different screens and every time I do i can't see how many grenades I have or how many health regens I have because the screen is zoomed in. I have already tried going into my TV settings and it doesn't change so it could be useful to have an option to change it in your interface menu

Crudeo

Forum regular
Before I can make any more suggestions about the game I need to have a clear statement from the devs and CDPR what type of game we are talking about.

Are we talking about Cyberpunk 2077 the roleplaying game with an explorable open world, emphasis on letting me design and experience, writing my own story?

Or are we talking about Cyberpunk 2077, A ballade of Johnny Silverhand, how he was once stuck in the brain of a merc. The action-adventure with complementary side missions?

Because for the RPG I need much more meaningful choices real options that will change and influence the world and story and much more interaction and engaging Night City.

For the story about Silverhand, I need to get more things cut!

Remove the meaningless Lifepaths as they are.
Jump to the merc V in his apartment after the short teaser with Jackie.
Streamline the world and storytelling. Remove all unnecessary side missions, who doesn't tell a deep story.
Close up the city. Move the player via some nice cutscenes to the places he needs to be.
Design some well-selected areas and flesh them out.
Dump the open world aspect.
Now you have one consistent game, that can stand alone. With one clear focus.

The time Johnny Silverhand stuck in a mercs brain.

Now you can come with DLCs.
You can open up the City gradually with content that is ready and enjoyable post-game.
You can introduce multiplayer if you must. Even design special repeatable missions around them so they can go on heists, have shooting competitions, and whatnot.

You could introduce new items, clothes, apartments when it is ready and no one is angry, because it wasn't supposed to be to begin within the Ballade of Johnny Silverhand. They are nice little extras that you feed us.

But we need a decision.

Is Cyberpunk 2077 the revolutionary RPG from 2018 or just a nice game with Johnny Silverhand?

World-Design

In all honesty, the Open World of CP is garbage tier. Even Ubisoft does better.

Night City may be pretty, but it's quite dead and empty due to several reasons:
  • There are far too few NPCs and vehicles to begin with.
  • The AI is garbage.
  • There is no open world interaction whatsoever.
  • Driving is a pain in the *** due to broken car physics (where is my handbrake?) and the subpar minimap.
  • The world is unauthentic in general due to several missing features (how did they get the idea to scrap stuff like subways?).
  • The map is way too large. Especially the badlands are - for the most part - utterly useless.
That leaves us with a bloated mess of a map which is - in all honesty - just a checklist of objectives to clear.

-Make the PNJ's subtitles bigger, it is difficult to read and worst if they moving...

Most of my Ideas are just to improve the immersion in the game and to improve the gameplay to make it even more fun and to make the city more "active and alive":

Give us some cool random events
- there is a Mod for Wicher 3 that is called "random encounters". The mod confronts you randomly with some monsters or enemies from time to time and gives you also the opportunity to take contracts, where you have to hunt and kill a monster. The same System would perfectly fit into cyberpunk 2077. Give us some random contracts to kill some cyber psychos, the fights are fun and rich in variety and would be a perfect way to give us a chance to make some money as a mercenary in a lore friendly way. Or lets Malestrome or Animals hunt you from time to time. it would make the world feel more dynamic and "living". Or you find a lot of corpses and decide to investigate that and find a cyber psycho or a gang that terrorize some civilians. Or you hear some news on the radio or see some news on a billboard and are able to take a the quest for the random event in that way. Than you have to investigate, find the place, find some hints until you find finally the cyber psycho or the gang that you have to kill. At the moment I was tipping that I imagined that I could do this all night long just for fun! It should just not be an typical "Ubisoft 1-2 minutes activity" to make the world don't feel empty. If you would implement this, you could also erase some of the "police/crime activity's" that are just there to make the map not look so empty.

Give us access to some more places to investigate by our own
- There are tons of unused warehouses and places where I thought there should be something cool that I could loot or kill or whatever. But many of those places where empty or there is no way to get in some of those warehouses. It would perfectly synergies with the random event point above and you could make use of the great night city set.

Takedowns and animations
- I would like to see some lethal takedown animations from behind with the equipped weapons or Cyberware and this should be possible with and without grabbing the enemies first.
-Also give us some animations for kills from front and above, just let us jump from above or with double jump on an enemies and kill him with an badass takedown with the equipped weapon.
Something like a badass killmove with the mantis blades, stabbing them with the katana or ram their heads to the ground/wall with the gorilla arms or let us strangle theme like hitman with a chord and chop of his head with the mono wire or or just grab them and give theme some shots with the pistol in the back.
On the one hand it would make the gameplay feel a little bit smother and on the other hand it would make sneaking and using takedowns much more fun and would make it more satisfying than just breaking his neck every time regardless which weapon you are using at the moment. Why would i break someones neck with ma bare hands when I have a katana or mantis blades????
In Farcry killing enemies with takedown is really satisfying and a lot of fun because there is a lot of variety between the different takedowns and it would perfectly fit into the CP 2077 gameplay and would improve it by a lot.

Bullet Deflection and blocking animation with Blades and Cyberware
- In Witcher 3 there where an Option for arrow deflection and for parring other swords. Without those animations it feels a little bit unfinished and static when you just hold your katana in the blocking position when an enemy shoots at you or is attacking you with their katana. Some moves to deflect the bullets and hits with your katana/mantis blaes would be enough. Or some moves with the monowire to cut the bullets and block the blade hits.

It is just a small improvement, but it is one of those points that make the game look unfinished for me. I would really appreciate to see some of those animations to make it look a little bit more realistic and immersive.

Immersive smaller animations
- it would be more immersive if we would see some more animations for all the smaller things. Like when you open doors with technical ability, there is no animation. Give us animations for eating and drinking like as you use a healing item. Or when you change your Cyberware at the ripperdoc there should be an animation for your upgrade. Those are small things, but especial those things make games really immersive. For Witcher 3 there were a mod developed called "complete animations" to make it more immersive.
- and last point regarding animations, for the kill animations with the manits blades, you ether should be immortal during this animation or should only be used on the last enemies in the fight as an finisher. The problem is that the animation take so long that all other enemies around you could easily shoot you down when you do this animation in mid fight.

Cyberware Improvements
- I would like to see some some additional usage for the cyberware. The Idea to force open looked doors with gorilla arms is in my opinion much more realistic that open them based on the body stats. Even if the chances are low, the wall running with the mantis blades was a really awesome idea and I and mostly the rest of the community would really appreciate it if you would bring it back. It would also synergies very well with the takedown animation topic. In my opinion the cyberware should be definitely more than just an additional weapon and it would be really awesome when cyberware would something that changes the playstyle more like you planned it initially.

Some balancing changes to the skills
- Some of the Skills are really overpowered and unbalanced. It is nearly impossible that you not have a crit chance of around 100% with all the skills and upgrades. Because all the weapons on level 50 have also an chrit chance increase of 30%-80%. It makes crits not really rewarding anymore in endgame, because you crit everytime.
- Also it would be great if there would be an Option that would make Enemies scale to the player level, so it would be a little bit more challenging in the endgame.
Right at the moment I don't use any skills with crit increase, because it is too easy to kill enemies.

Usable Automats for minigames
- give us the opportunity to use some of the automats for mini games. Maybe even a GWENT mini story like in the Witcher 3, I have spent so much time with playing this mini game and would like to see it again in a Cyberpunk 2077 style maybe even with a short story that leads you to an tournament. Mini questlines like "beat all the ripperdocs" If you had no time to to develop a new mini game for CP 2077, I would totally understand. But I can not understand why you don't have implemented an existing mini game that most of your fanbase loves so much. Especially when the world is empty like it is right now. Collecting GWENT cards, was the best collecting activity in every developed game, because it wasn't useless at all. And everyone that was not interested in GWENT were not really forced to do it at all.

Police System
- I think that I don't have to say much about this topic, but it would be really awesome when they would drop like in the scene at the beginning of the game where you sit next to Jacky and they drop from the helicopter and kill the criminals.

Mod Slot for Arm Cyberware where we can change the look of the arms
- There are so many cool looking arms in the world of cyberpunk. I really would like to change the look of my cyberware and customize it. It is already in the game, as you are able to find johnny silverhands arm and put it on like a "skin". It would be great if we could change the look of the arms with more options

Mod slots from Clothing should be reworked
- The armor from cloths and the opportunity to increase armor with mods should completely removed. Instead of giving the cloths slots, you should have more Slots for cyberware, where you could put in those mods for more armor. That would give the player the opportunity to choose the cloths that they want and also would make it more immersive. In my opinion it is even more logical that armor will be given by Skin cyberware mods instead of the level of a t-shirt.

Last edited:
Some (not all; yet) of mine:

map is not much big :0 if compare with other game like ghost reacon wild land. I was play there before 1 year with my friend .
that call real big . But Map here is complicate than over there. its have many layer. and beauty :>

and its good. couz its entire city . instead just zone. so its can be large scale MMO :0. if each building have a room . player
can settle own house . like Archage game system and paid patron 20 $ per a month for house .

2 skip
3 skip :0

4 I always found back door in each gig. or normal mission . is Must use tech lvl 9 plus or force lvl 9 plus to open . that a door for steath mission . so If you need it. its over there.

cheer

Top Bottom