[GENERAL] Witcher swords - discussion & questions

+
[GENERAL] Witcher swords - discussion & questions

So far I haven't managed to do it, the blacksmith in the trade quarter gives me two options when I give him a gem, even though I have runes in my inventory I don't get the option to upgrade the sword with either of them.Do I need to give him a specific gem? Or is it 3 runes required for etching the sword, have only 2 at the moment.

Ask the blacksmiths in the temple quarters to help you instead. They do not ask for gems.You always need 3 runes or 3 meteorites to forge a sword. It is best you forge a sword with 3 identical runes/meteorites. "Pure" swords are always more powerful than "mixed" swords.

Can swords with runes be forged again? So can I add more to it, or is it just once? Can the runes be applied to witcher stel/silver or only on regular swords?

You make silver swords with runes, and you make steel swords with meteorites. You can not alter swords (re-forge).

Ok to clear this up with people.When you get runes and burn them into your silver sword it turns into a "runic sword" it's the same sword just with runes.When you re-forge a steel sword with meteorite you are getting an actual new sword. Although it doesn't say it the sword is used in Witcher combat styles it is, its basically exactly the same as the original Witcher's steel sword but it has enhancements because of the superior metal you used in making it. I personally got a triple red meteorite sword. Works a treat.

Thanks for clearing that up. I thought only the Witcher swords worked with the talents, so I didn't understand what the use of a selfmade sword would be. I can use more than three runes/meteorites on a sword right?

rajin

Forum veteran
Nope... 3 meteors = one sword 4 meteors = one sword + one unused meteor ;> 3 runes = one 'runic sword'understood?

The Mahakaman Rune Sihill is without a doubt the best steel sword in the game. It has +100% damage and it penetrates the armor of your opponents. In other words, this sword is perfect for those tough enemies in Chapter 5 and the final boss. The sword is in the fields of Chapter 4. It is north of the small farm (check map). It is on the ground, near a mangled corpse, surrounded by wyverns.

Yeah I know, that's what I usually do ;D It's just nice to have it in one place. Like on thread maybe. "Secrets you've found..." or something.

MisterV said:
Yeah I know, that's what I usually do ;D It's just nice to have it in one place. Like on thread maybe. "Secrets you've found..." or something.
I'm sure there will be a grand thread after people have played the game through a few times. It seems like there's loads and loads of little things. Like recently mentioned mini-game for the Grandma in Shani's house. Something to do with Thaler.Anyway, all due time.

I haven't found it b4, but ill try to do this now.Did all of u find it ? Bcoz i was quite sure the items location is different in each game - random. The good example is sword in tomb in act V. It was supposed to be +200% damage sword with complicated name but i have found just yellow, blue and red meteorite sword...

Randomized secret locations? Ooh, nasty. How will we ever find that :-\So, did anyone find a good steel sword before that or you generally forge them? And what about silver swords?

Hmm, if they are random, it could also depend on the choices you made, and maybe quests.. but theres nothing wrong with the first two swords, i kept them both until act IV or around there..

Hm, I just made a visit there. I killed the royal Wyvern and the three smaller ones that were feeding on two mangled corpses. However there was no Sword to be found, I searched more north but was suddenly overhelmed by two Wyvern, so if it was beyond those two corpses I will try again tomorrow. @MisterAct2Sword: HarvallDamage +30%Chance on critical Effects (Pain, Disarm, Precise Hit) 20%Whereabout: Corpse of the messenger in the Swamps (Wyverns)Act4Sword: GwalhirDamage +50%Chance on critical Effects (Pain, Disarm, Precise Hit) 40%3000 Orens, can be bought with the Blacksmith's son

As Iam lazy to read all your short posts so I someone might have said it alrdy... Ill say that you can get the sword in chapter 5 aswell so if you haven't found it it might not yet be too late ^^ wont say where and how but if you'll be honest with all the quests you won't miss it ^^

Top Bottom