[GENERAL] Witcher swords - discussion & questions

+
Well people I was thinking about writing a complete lists of all the main weapons in the game (Steel Swords and Silver Swords) for quick referece.Thing is I remember almost all availabe weapons but I am missing the stats of some as well as the locations in which they can be found.Does anyone have a complete list of all the weapons along with the stats etc. so we can post it in here for newer players as well as for those who might have missed something?(I dont think I have the strength to go for my 3rd playthrough right now so any help would be appreciated ;D ).

I have the EE game guide here:On page 106 (ACT V) is says the following:"- Remains of Raven's armor - search the Raven's Crypt (G), the grave of graf Corbus de Ruyter. You can also find there a great steel sword which adds 200% to the initial injuries."Anyone found this sword. EVER?

Great. Now not only does the game guide have severe spelling problems, but now it has outdated and misleading information. Good one people! :wall:

Chuckles said:
Anyone found this sword. EVER?
Ard'aenye is possible to find only in Witcher v1.0
when you tell Alvin to become a witcher in act IV
. Many players have been trying to find Ard'aenye in Raven's Crypt in later versions of the game, but noone succeded.

The blacksmith's in Ch 2 and Ch3 will not perform a reforge.I get the dialog "Hammer" symbol, but clicking that takes me to his "Store"This was not so in the un-enhanced version.Anyone with suggestions?DW

Well, isn't that the usual way the sword forging works? You click the hammer icon and an inventory opens where you can find the swords that can be forged with combinations of your ores or runestones.

I was a little confused on this too at first, but basically the smith doesn't actually reforge your weapon, he takes an existing sword and reforges that instead. If you have only three ore, you will only have one option for your meteorite sword. If you have more than three, you will get other options depending on the ores you have. It is worthwhile to note that there is nothing inherently special about the Witcher's Steel Sword you recieve-once you have a meteorite sword forged you can discard it.

Hi Folks,Thanks for the responses.He will only buy my equipment.It is not the "Reforge" window, but, is the "Sell"window. (The same as for the other man in the shop who is supposed to have, and , does have a "sell" window.Very different from the non-enhanced version.DW

I am haing this exact same problem aswel. When the dialog shows up, there is nothing there. And when I click on my sword or ores it only gives me the option to sell. Very annoyinh, and is definately an EE bug because i've started new characters after every patch and never had this problem with either blacksmith.

I was able to sell my witchers' steel sword and get a meteorite sword forged by the dwarven blacksmith outside the Inn in the Outskirts. This was with the new EE and there was absolutely no difference between that action and the way it was done before.Are you sure you had 3 pieces of ore? if not, that was the problemp.s. the forge sceen and the buy/sell screen are identical

I was able to buy a new sword in the Temple Quarter at the dwarven blacksmith. I can't confirm your problem :/

I've only played EE so I can't compare with the original, however it wasn't what I expected when I reforged a sword, I had 3 blue meteorite and sort of expected I would have to drag them on to my current sword to reforge or something, instead there was just a meteorite sword available to buy so I guess that's all there is to it?

I was wrong in thinking there should be a different window, but, this window gives no opportunity to "Brand" my Earth Rune to my Silver Sword.It does offer, for sale, the items my Ores could build.Note my atchd. has such a rune. The Rune cannot be used by the Witcher as can Grindstones or Diamond Dust.Perhaps someone can tell me how to use the Earth Rune and other such?Thanks,DW

Top Bottom