[GENERAL] Witcher swords - discussion & questions

+
You need a total of 3 runes and a silversword to brand a new silver sword (you cannot set them 1 by 1)

I've noticed a new little bug with 1.4 when reforging (steel and or silver):Sometimes a rune or meteorite will seem to be "left over" from the reforging process when immediately accessing your inventory post forge. This "remanent" is not saleable (tried), and disappears a few seconds later on re-opening the inventory.Never saw that pre 1.4. Anybody else seen this?

Yep, Happened to me at the temple quarter, but it disappeared right after I bought the new sword, so I wasn't too concerned.

By the time Chapter I was over, I had two red meterorite pieces and one blue one. Should I reforge my sword now or should I wait for another red piece? Do all three need to be the same color to get a bonus?I'm not sure if the location of the pieces is predetermined or random, so I don't know if I should be waiting for another red piece or if I'm expected to just forge the sword right away after I collect three pieces.Thanks.

Actually it's up to you if you want to get your sword forged now or wait until you find more meteorite ore. This may help you to decide
http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Meteorite#Locations
And if you still can't decide you can check the wiki for all available weapons but I don't want to give more spoilers ;)

PetraSilie said:
Actually it's up to you if you want to get your sword forged now or wait until you find more meteorite ore. This may help you to decide
http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Meteorite#Locations
And if you still can't decide you can check the wiki for all available weapons but I don't want to give more spoilers ;)
Thank you very much! I was wondering about the different combinations of meteorite, so that was very helpful!

didn`t know i it belongs in this section of the forumbut where can you find the good swords i can only find a list of the good weapons and there statistics but i can`t find where to find them in the game i didn`t find harwell untill chapter 3 and it would have been easier if i had known it was there since the beginning of chapter 2. so where are the good swords further on in the game?

most of them are not "found" like harvall, they are either received as rewards / gifts or earned through a questhere's a list from the wiki of the steel swords - steel swords are picked up from dead bodies or purchasedand there are only 3 silver swords, none of which is "found" ... those are given to you :peace:

BeornLongar said:
i didn`t find harwell untill chapter 3 and it would have been easier if i had known it was there since the beginning of chapter 2.
The wyverns probably would have kicked your butt if you'd tried to get it at the beginning of Chapter 2. You probably lucked out, not finding it until III. ;)

BeornLongar said:
didn`t know i it belongs in this section of the forumbut where can you find the good swords i can only find a list of the good weapons and there statistics but i can`t find where to find them in the game i didn`t find harwell untill chapter 3 and it would have been easier if i had known it was there since the beginning of chapter 2. so where are the good swords further on in the game?
If you use Game Widows link take a look at meteorite swords. It gives you alternative to collect ore for a steel sword before you find Harvall... and then you can decide to keep your meteorite sword or use Harvall.

is it just my computer the meteorite sqords look the same as a normal steel sword and Aereondight looks the same as the first silver sword you getwhen you fighting ingame not on its portrait in the inventiry? sorry for the spelling

here's a fix in attachment.to install put files from rar in "the witcher/data/override/" folder. if override folder doesnt exist create it manually.new meteorite swords will look like this
old swords - those you already have wont change their look.these files are part of bigger mod from my signature.enjoy.

hey guysi have some runestones which can be embedded into my silver sword to give bonuses but i've talked to blacksmiths and most aren't interested in the silver sword, and those who are just buy it. How do i have the runestone effects permanetly set?thanks in advance,

When you have enough runestones the blacksmith has the runesword in his inventory, when you don't have he has no runic sword in it ;) So you can buy the new sword and your runes vanish after opening your inventory again
You can sell the runes first and buy the sword in the same phase, so you can save money ;)

Top Bottom