[GENERAL] Witcher swords - discussion & questions

+
Thank you, thank you! Great link...i understand now and love the stats so i can understand what will yield a more powerful silver sword. Im about to head down to the Sewer and wade around in the monster-filled canals so this info really helps! Appreciate your responses to my pleas... ??? when youre new at this, theres just so much to know but at the same time, thats what makes it my favorite game and why i give so much of my free time to it. When youre an older adult w/limited amts of time...its more of a challenge to level up and learn as quickly as the young ones who have so much more time. Thanks again and know youre making the game even more enjoyable for folks like me just starting out!!! :beer:

Lysenko said:
I just beat the game on medium and I can confirm that there was absolutely no sign of the Mahakaman Rune Sihill anywhere in Act IV, and I do mean Anywhere including where the wyverns were munching on two mangled corpses in the fields. I was going through pro-Scoia'tael this time although I'm not sure why that would affect a random drop.A note on acquiring the blade via the dwarven dentist with a tooth fetish: To successfully complete his collection and acquire the blade, you need a tooth knocked from the best fist-fighter in the world. Unless the dwarf prompts you, which I doubt, this means that you have to have been beating up the various champions at the inns all through the game pursuing the "Fistfighting" side-quest/mini-game. It's not obvious, but in Chapter V the dentist has set up shop in the basement of the Executioner's Tower in Old Vizima.
Thank's man!

just got to the point where you get silver weapons. Looks like i have to work on upgrading similar styles to the regular steel weapons, seems like a waste of points to me.onething though. i noticed t he silver strong a nd fast have unique categories in them. strong has a line that does dmg when the enemy is incinerated, and fast does more dmg when t hey're blinded... how do you inflict t hose status's on the enemies? i think incinerate is from lvling up the fire spell (which i dont really use) but i have no idea how i would blind people for the fast ability

Zerrikanian Sun bomb will do.Here link if You want to learn more about it: http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Zerrikanian_Sun

really? the only way its usefull is wasting time and money with potions? theres gotta be a spellor something you can use regularly to make it worthwhile. the fire spell works for the strong style right?

There is also an attribute in fourth level of Yrden Sign named "Blinding Sign" that provides a chance of blinding opponent, as we can guess from the name :pLook at Yrden here.:)

kenshindono said:
just got to the point where you get silver weapons. Looks like i have to work on upgrading similar styles to the regular steel weapons, seems like a waste of points to me.
"Waste"? Only if you don't want to kill any monsters. :DWhile it's true that Geralt's primary enemies are human (those guys who killed Leo and stole the witchers' secrets), there'll be a whole heck of a lot of monsters between now and them!

Is it possible to enhance any sword with meteorites and runes or is it that only the 'standard' steel and silver sword can be upgraded? For instance, can I get Aerondight branded with 3 runes? Or reforge the Mahakamian Sihill with 3 meteorites?

Only standard witcher steel and silver swords can be forged from meteorites or imbued with runes.

soo... where do i find runes/meteorids im pretty much thro the game and i dnt think i have any If i dnt find out all that pro secrets of the game and u guys dnt tell me smthimg important i think ill just fall down :dead: lol :D

Hello all...to begin; how do i forge anything!?!? i got a rune stone for my silver sword. i go to the rose order's blacksmith, with the rune, and all i can do is sell the rune. how do i 'put' the rune on my sword?

As long as you have 3 permament rune of the kind Sun, Moon and Earth you can combine these 3 as you want. Same goes for meteorite ore for the steel sword. There are 3 different ores as well.There are also temporary runes Svarog, Vodon and Perun. You can apply those on steel and silversword. They are blade enhancements and only last for 24 hrs. You can only use one of these runes at one time, no three like the perm runes. And you don't need a blacksmith to apply these runes to you sword(s).GL :beer:

Where can i buy runes? i got one in the beginning of the game, and one from zoltan, 40 hours later! unless this game is 400 hours long, i think i am missing something...

pinkace said:
Where can i buy runes? i got one in the beginning of the game, and one from zoltan, 40 hours later! unless this game is 400 hours long, i think i am missing something...
Are you looking for the permanent kind -- the ones that make a new silver sword -- or the temporary kind, the ones that act like an oil?The permanent kind are very scarce in the beginning of the game. There are none in the Prologue, nor in Act I, and only two in Act II. By the time runes start to be plentiful, it's close to the time when Geralt is likely to receive a very nice silver sword as a quest reward -- along with one of the very coolest cutscenes in the game -- so runes tend not to be used as often as they might be. Full details of where to find every rune in the game can be found here.There aren't very many temporary runes, as is appropriate for such powerful items. Thre's a list of their locations here.

Just want to point out that the information on this thread is misleading and sometimes incorrect. There is a blacksmith in the market quarter, only accessible at the beginning of chapter 3, that offers branding runes onto a blade. this is the first time a blacksmith has that option.I repeat, the dwarf blacksmith in Vizima outskirts, the order blacksmith in temple quarter and the dwarf blacksmith in the temple quarter do not offer to put runes on swords. This info would have saved me time posting on these forums and asking people that didn't know either. Hopefully anyone else that comes around will avoid this headache.

I don't understand your irritation. This thread is about forging silver- and steelswords and it's obvious that these discussions include blacksmiths as well. You received answers to all your questions so far.In the temple quarter at the blacksmith's shops (Order and dwarf) you find two poeple, one is the armourer and one is the merchant. Even if you talk to the merchant when you intend to forge your sword, he has a dialogue option that tells you to talk to his colleague or apprentice.This varies in the game. Some blacksmiths sell their goods and forge and some have an other person in their blacksmith's shop.Basically I would talk to all green marked NPCs, it's very likely they have an dialogue option which is useful for you ;)

Top Bottom