Geralt and Dandelion Auditions

+
Geralt and Dandelion Auditions

Hello everybody, I am currently working on a story adventure with Redkit. It takes place roughly 20 years before the games (for all the witcher fans out there: 1252 ;)
Geralt and Dandelion act together as a "team" and I'm looking for voice actors right now, so if you would like to help me in creating the adventure, then this is your chance!

I will post a few different dialogues. You can choose the character you want to play and send a sound file with your performance to me. :)

Scene 1:

Geralt and Dandelion have travelled for days and finally they see their destination: A small town on the shore of a river. Geralt seems to get a little mad at Dandelion (but more of the "eye rolling" type of mad)

Geralt: Now this is what I'm talking about. Does this town look like work for a witcher or what?

Dandelion: What do you... eh... what? Walls, housetops, a gate?

Geralt: No, this place got history. Just look at the mountain range surrounding us. Don't you see it?

Dandelion: Well, there's a lot of trees. That's for sure.

Geralt: Ruins. Dwarven and elven ruins to be perfectly exact. I think our experience might tell you that things I usually kill like to live in places like that.

Dandelion: Dwarven and elven ruins to be perfectly exact? Now that's the sort of academic accuracy I love about you.

Geralt: Screw you, Dandelion. We should get going now. A sorceress doesn't like to wait.

Dandelion: Ah, right. We've been travelling for days to meet this woman. Didn't you cast an eye on this Yennefer not too long ago? I remember her half bare bosom like it was yesterday...

Geralt: You're walking on thin ice, friend. I'm meeting Triss Merigold. Yennefer introduced me to her a while ago. She seemed like a decent person and most importantly, like a person who is willing to pay good money for my help.

Dandelion: Does she look pulchritudinous?

Geralt: What are you talking about?

Dandelion: Tush! I asked if she's a beautiful lady... you know what I mean. Witchers and sorceresses tend to like each other. A lot.

Geralt: She has beautiful maroon hair and... bah. You always delay my work. Let's get going! She has a room in the upper floor of the tavern.

Scene 2:

Geralt is on his way to a small village. He sees a small market stand at the side of the road and talks to the merchant who sells local food.

Merchant: So, you're a witcher, eh?

Geralt: Indeed, I am.

Merchant: Witchers need to eat, right? Potatoes, Fish...

Geralt: Of course not. We slurp larvae out of tree bark.

Merchant: Eeeew, so you...

Geralt: Listen, we eat usual food like you do. After all I am still human... mostly.

Merchant: I am confused. I really am... Do you want to see my goods?

Scene 3:

Geralt and Dandelion met a rich merchant who wanted their help. Some "enviromental druid bastard" blocked the road and Geralt chooses to help the merchant for a lot of orens. "Only talk", of course.

Merchant 3: Finally! You must be the witcher Julian wanted to hire. Please talk to this senile bastard!

Merchant 2: See.. I told you he would come to help us!

Merchant 1: I am impressed! He looks like good business.

Merchant 3: There is some magnificent hair dye in my assortment. Just sayin'.

Druid: Gwynbleidd, the White Wolf. The greatest mass murderer the world has seen since Falka was sent into the pyre.

Geralt: It's nice meeting you, too.

Dandelion: This may become very interesting...

Druid: You dare showing your face in front of me, Bobo, savior of all that is wild and beautiful.

Geralt: People seem to have real problems with my face lately.

Dandelion: That's because you look like a mean bastard, my friend.

Geralt: You have ten seconds to run before I come after you, Dandelion. Let's get this over with.

Druid: I will not move a foot for these people. Especially since they brought you to help them!

Merchant 1: Ha, that was a waste of time!

Merchant 2: How can someone waste our time? We have to wait here and can't move our carts!

Geralt: Druid, I understand your intentions, I really do. And I don't think you are completely wrong. There is just one flaw in your logic.

Druid: Look who talks! The mutant, the abomination of nature talks about logic! So where is the flaw then?

Geralt: You came to save the environment. And how did you do that? You destroyed a bunch of trees to block the road.

Druid: They sacrificed themselves for the greater good!

Geralt: They sacrificed themselves? Really? Did you ask them?

Druid: I don't need to ask anyone, I'm in touch with nature.

The rest of this conversation is a secret. ;)

Scene 4:

Geralt and Dandelion talk to Triss about their plans. Triss seems to be amused about Geralt being grumpy.

Geralt: Triss, finally. You have no idea what I had to do to free you.

Triss: I already know from He-Troll. You were heroically collecting mushrooms.

Dandelion: That's exactly what we did. How boring!

Geralt: Let's never talk about that again. Triss, this is Dandelion. I don't know why, but he is a dear friend of mine.

Dandelion: Poet, bard and philanthropist. It is a great pleasure to finally meet you. Geralt didn't exaggerate when he talked about your beauty.

Triss (very amused): He talked about my beauty? Don't act like a monk, Geralt. It seems like they didn't erase all your feelings in Kaer Morhen, right? At least not the "important" ones.

Dandelion: Triss, I already feel like I've known you for years.

Geralt: If you are done talking about me, how about letting me know why you need my help?

Triss: I hope our conversation did not disturb your tight schedule, witcher. Some weeks ago I met a dwarf in Maribor who lives in Lykaon. He told me about an ancient story about a dwarven king, an elven princess and an enormous treasure.

Geralt: A sorceress who wants to dig up gold?

Triss: Of course not. Have you ever heard of Koloham, the dwarven city below the ground?

Geralt: I have heard of it, but there are no cities below ground. Mines and caves maybe, but not whole cities.

Triss: What would you say if we would stand above said city right now?

Geralt: Let's hope the floor doesn't collapse.

Triss: No, really. I am quite sure the city is real. And this dwarf can lead us to the entrance. He's downstairs in the tavern.

Geralt: I still don't believe it, but I'm thirsty. Let's go down there and talk to him.

Just try out anyone you like!

Hope your project turns out well. I think on the writing side, you nailed Dandelion, but Geralt needs to be several times more sardonic and subdued. He rarely raises his voice and never uses exclamation points outside of a combat situation.

Good luck!

Thank you. :)

A little bit of context: Before this dialogue, Geralt and Dandelion met a lot of people. Since Dandelion wants to write a new ballad about the heroic witcher, he constantly interrupts Geralt and tries to solve problems by himself (creating even more problems). So Geralt is a little bit "pissed" right now and rolls with his eyes.

Nice conversation of geralt and dandelion

Hey, not bad bro. It's gonna be interesting to see the final product. I'm gonna have to start writing my own script soon!

As for voice acting. I don't know. I'm kinda self conscious and shy. Though, this is for a good cause :p I was thinking of maybe giving Dandelion a shot. I'm kind of a dry and boring gent myself so I think could pull of Geralt but only decently, if that. I'm quite positive and naive as well so I could do Dandelion. At least I think I can. I have done some acting in my life, I do like it, a lot!, but mm. Let me give it some thought man.

You can always just do both voices for the "audition" and create a conversation with yourself and then we can see which one suits you better. :D

MAN! My voice will not suit this at all but im going to get my Microphone and try my best it gonna be good laugh I bet XD

Even if your voice shouldn't suit neither Geralt nor Dandelion, you can still be another character. I have a lot of supporting roles.

So just out of curiosity, how do you expect to receive the sound files? Independent wave files for each line? The entire thing in one wave file? Or do you have a compressed format of preference, say OGG or, *shudders* MP3?

Do you expect any particular audio quality? 44.1 KHz - 16 bit at least? Semi professional equipment?

Well, I would think about that after I found the main roles. If I can't find them, I won't do a voice over. I don't know how voice over works with Redkit, so I would have to wait for it to release to see that. For now I am just looking if I can find actors.
But of course they should have good equipment so you don't hear they're talking into a microphone.

C'mon people, help out this guy! He's got a pretty big level with loads of dialogues ;) Wave format should be okay ;)

BANAN said:
C'mon people, help out this guy! He's got a pretty big level with loads of dialogues ;)/> Wave format should be okay ;)/>

LOL I tried but my voice isn't up to the task it seems ;)

This is in no way meant to discourage you from your work (which I am eagerly looking forward to), but I think voice acting in this case is unnecessary and is generally overrated. Playing through all the unvoiced fan adventures for TW1 reminded me of that. And the one adventure that was voiced in English (supposedly by pros) made me cringe.

Think about it: you're asking fans (likely amateurs with amateur equipment) to do impressions of professional voice actors we're all very familiar with. It can be very distracting and mood-killing. I'll bet if it's good quality writing it will stand on its own.

Top Bottom