GERALT cannot be frigid by nature

+
GERALT cannot be frigid by nature

hi !did anyone play the game thru without having any intercourse whatsoever ?does it change something in the story or in the end fight ?1st playthru I slept with Triss, Abigail, Princess Adda, Triss again (chose her over Shani)2nd playthru I slept with Abigail (I just can't get myself to kill her and choose the villagers and I can't say no her offer) but will then go for Shani only.3rd I plan to see if I can get every skirt in the Witcher world.4th I plan to stay frigid the whole story thru.so, did anyone already do it ? do you still get saved by Triss ? can you f*** up Shanis party and be an asshole ?I would like to appear there totally drunk....lol[MOD] Milder language please

I just played through the game being totally cold towards both Triss and Shani all the way! :) I did do all the other females I could, though, because I had a small hope that one of the other gals could be my True Love. ;DEvidently, the devs hadn't though of this possibility!In the prologue, I avoided sex with Triss by saying there was no time to lose, so didn't get her first card.In chapter 2 I went to Shani's party and brought along Siegfried in hopes of starting something between him and Shani since I had no intention of giving her roses afterwards. No romance between the two ensued, though. :( Thinking back, it might have been better not go to the party at all.In chapter 3, when I went to the temple district after having learned that Alvin was at Lebioda hospital, Shani met me and said: "Why were you at that witche's (meaning Triss') house?" Then she said "Kiss me." and then demanded that I bring Alvin to her. So she clearly thought that we had something going, even though I had given her no reason to think so. (Well... maybe apart from saving her from being raped back in chapter 1 and bringing her some ingredients at the hospital in chapter2. Maybe I shouldn't have done any of those things either?)I decided to give Alvin to Shani, because I had given him to Triss on my first runthrough of the game. I never gave her any ring, though, and so avoided her second sex-card. Triss behaved as if I had betrayed her.In chapter 4 I sent Shani a "My firiend" letter, and when Alvin asked me if I loved anyone I said no. My identity quest then updated telling me that I had realized that as a Witcher I could not have a normal family life with Shani.In chapter 5, Shani was at the the improvised hospital, and I finally got to tell her off. Vhew!In the Epilogue, Shani still popped up and helped me along the way. ::)

So it seems, either Shani or Triss remain that much in love with you or that your decision with Alvin makes them important enough - that they'll appear in the ending.Interesting... but one more point where the game could have gone into more depth...Not that anyone should get me wrong... but the story has so much potential that there could have even been more twists and turns in the story line. To much to ask for the first go of the game... but there will be a sequell... there must be a sequel!

I agree. Especially in chapter 4 there could have been something; When Alina has been killed, there should have been an option to ask Abigail to take care of Alvin, at least for a while. After all, she voluntarily took him in in chapter 1. I guess it would have broken the story if you could ask Toruviel to take care of Alvin, though, because then he would have been unlikely to grow up to be such a racist. :-\ It breaks the immersion somewhat that you have to have Alvin following you around in the fields area where it is crawling with monsters when any halfway responsible person would have made sure that he was safe and sound somewhere else.Cheers! :)

thx for the answers. that's what I guessed anyway.for the alvin story to work you get 2 possible "true" loves and have to interact with themduring chapters no matter what your decisions. I think more women and different surroundings for Alvinwould have broken or overcomplicated the quests even more. they had to stop somewhere !and yeah, Alvin in the fields surrounded by monsters was...odd but since Geralt was around, piece of cake afterwards you can always says it should have had this and that. I'm actually glad that youdon't HAVE to run around with your dick out all the time ;Dwell, I'm trying out to befriend Shani and will try out all versions to deal with grandma.

mothra said:
hi !did anyone play the game thru without having any intercourse whatsoever ?does it change something in the story or in the end fight ?1st playthru I slept with Triss, Abigail, Princess Adda, Triss again (chose her over Shani)2nd playthru I slept with Abigail (I just can't get myself to kill her and choose the villagers and I can't say no her offer) but will then go for Shani only.3rd I plan to see if I can get every skirt in the Witcher world.4th I plan to stay frigid the whole story thru.so, did anyone already do it ? do you still get saved by Triss ? can you fuck up Shanis party and be an asshole ?I would like to appear there totally drunk....lol
Mothra I have to correct you, frigid is a term used for a woman not being able to have an orgasm, men are impotent, in this case Geralt is none, he is only unable to conceive children because of his mutant state he is sterile that is why he can't have a family and does not fall in love but the story, if you read everything, Triss was his wife in the past. He is supposed to date many women so you can get the cards. Try everyone in town.

yeah, i know that about frigid, i chose the wrong word wisely, waiting for the first to point it out.it did not mean that he is impotant as well, it was just a title which should garner attention !but thank you very much for pointing it out and being the first to have the guts to correct me.the game gives you hints about your past and relationships that's why I chose triss for the first time.but I love that you can just skip all the sex if you don't want to (at least I think).that's what I wanted to know if it would have unexpected repercussions in the game (triss not rescuing you from adda, hehe)

Too bad there are no repercussions later on in the game...Triss still saves you from adda,even if you choose Shani :-[i had a remark about the very same thing here http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=6324.0

exactly. i was hoping for something like that in the first place.but it's minor gripes, there are still enough twisters and corners you can cut/take/avoid.this game is dense !

Intercourses in the end don't change much. Triss might hate You, but she'll still save You from Adda etc.And regardles how cold and ballless Your Geralt will be in the beginning of 3rd chapter Triss will shag You anyway :]

damn, even if i choose shani......i demand NO balls for Geralt in the expansion ;D

No balls? I'm a lady gamer and would find a Gerlat without balls most dissapointing.... imagine the way his voice would have to be changed!!!And I love that voice actors deep voice... makes me melt... let Geralt keep his balls!

In my mind, Geralt and Yennefer belong together, and my Geralt may have compromised for a purple eyed, black haired girl, but nooo...I got plied with tarty redheads, and no quadroon I could gift a ring to. So my Gerralt remained completely celibate throughout the game. I got suckered a couple of times- because some responses are so arbitrary, you don't know it is going to lead to "action", but I reloaded. Man, sometimes I reloaded to saves ages ahead...but until developers give me a raven haired beauty, my Geralt is not going to do it. No. Not yours Gossip. Not yours Morann. Not yours nameless courtesans, and definately not yours Triss/Shani.Unfortunately, this has no impact whatsoever. The game still assumes you are a rake, and the girls (Shani/Triss) still treat you like you are their man. That hurt.

well, there we had to make concessions to the books and the character Geralt. it's just how he is.you can't choose your gender either. so it's ok, just would have been nice to say no to triss.

About Yennefer - I've heard from somewhere that when Geralt was almost killed (pitchfork, yes ;D), she used her powers to transfer him and herself into a phantom realm to keep him alive. So - what we have here? Geralt running away from the Ghost Hunt. Geralt with his memory lost. It leads to a conclusion that he might have escaped from that very phantom realm, maybe with Yennefer's help, and maybe without it. And that means Yennefer is still in the phantom realm, because if she could, she would get away together with Geralt - I don't believe she would leave him if there was a choice. Maybe her powers were enough only for one to be sent away. And maybe something has happened to her and Geralt escaped on his own. Anyway, to the real world she is lost, just as if she was dead. Geralt doesn't even remember her, as well as everything that took place before. That could be a good answer to questions like "Why there's no Yennefer in the game?" or "Why Geralt sleeps with other women when he must have only Yennefer?" or "Why does he sleep with Triss?" in particular. Triss, as you could see, is a clever, manipulative and rather selfish woman. We know that she was hitting on Geralt in the books, but he was with Yennefer so Triss had no options. Now she finds Geralt alone and with a memory loss. It would be very much in her nature to take advantage of that. Don't forget she is skilled in sorcery and lore - so she might understand what had happened to Geralt and keep it to herself in order to manipulate him further.And about Geralt himself - as it was stated here more than once - he is a normal man, and being frigid wouldn't be an option for him. And if he thinks he's free (he doesn't know anything about Yennefer, remember?), he doesn't feel any need to restrain himself. So here was my little theory. Any questions ? :)

Darth39Mael said:
About Yennefer - I've heard from somewhere that when Geralt was almost killed (pitchfork, yes ;D), she used her powers to transfer him and herself into a phantom realm to keep him alive. So - what we have here? Geralt running away from the Ghost Hunt. Geralt with his memory lost. It leads to a conclusion that he might have escaped from that very phantom realm, maybe with Yennefer's help, and maybe without it. And that means Yennefer is still in the phantom realm, because if she could, she would get away together with Geralt - I don't believe she would leave him if there was a choice. Maybe her powers were enough only for one to be sent away. And maybe something has happened to her and Geralt escaped on his own. Anyway, to the real world she is lost, just as if she was dead. Geralt doesn't even remember her, as well as everything that took place before. That could be a good answer to questions like "Why there's no Yennefer in the game?" or "Why Geralt sleeps with other women when he must have only Yennefer?" or "Why does he sleep with Triss?" in particular. Triss, as you could see, is a clever, manipulative and rather selfish woman. We know that she was hitting on Geralt in the books, but he was with Yennefer so Triss had no options. Now she finds Geralt alone and with a memory loss. It would be very much in her nature to take advantage of that. Don't forget she is skilled in sorcery and lore - so she might understand what had happened to Geralt and keep it to herself in order to manipulate him further.And about Geralt himself - as it was stated here more than once - he is a normal man, and being frigid wouldn't be an option for him. And if he thinks he's free (he doesn't know anything about Yennefer, remember?), he doesn't feel any need to restrain himself. So here was my little theory. Any questions ? :)
That's a great post Darth'Mael, I guess that's the exact effect on our mind that game creators wanted to achieve. I like Your theory, and You're totally correct - "never trust a wizard" 8)So I have no real problems that he gets eventually raped by Triss in 3rd chapter despite his best efforts (or not xP), and as for other women - if You don't like to score farmgirl with poo on her calves - You won't. But it's hard to oppose sorceress while being rescued by her, who knows what herbs she gave You to the healing potion? ;D ;DEDIT - new page, so I quoted You to let others what You wrote ;)

;DYes, Triss could add anything to the healing potion, even fisstech ;D. And also she could just use some kind of "charm person" spell. But I think it was much more simple. Just imagine yourself in Geralt's place at the beginning of Act 3: You've just awakened, feeling still a little drowsy and quite disoriented, for last thing you remember is being knocked out near the old tower in the swamps. You look around and see a redhaired seductress at your bedside, leaning towards you with her eyes shining and a small wicked smile on her lips... Do you really think she needed a charm spell now? ;D ;D

Darth39Mael said:
"Why Geralt sleeps with other women when he must have only Yennefer?"
Hell, I don't care that there was no Yennefer in the game. I played him celibate to *punish* the developers for giving me only redheaded romance options. :p/On a serious note, I liked Yennefer, the way she is described in the books is more aesthetically appealing to me, and if they had provided some exotic purple eyed, raven haired beauties, my Geralt would have had his "witcher sword" out in a flash. Since Triss, Shani, and pretty much the whole bunch were not appealing to me visually (this is subjective of course- but Redheads don't float my boat- nor do females for that matter- but meh, I can roleplay as a man with some effort)- his sword remained in his pants. Toruviel was interesting, but I made the colossal mistake of siding with the order and according to the story- *everyone* had her but me, and by force :( This playthrough, Toruviel- you are so not going to molested by Order soldiers (I thought they were supposed to be celibate? Can they go around raping women?)The point is, that if they are giving you the option to go celibate, that could have been validated- not if Geralt should have slept around or not. Everyone is going to play their Geralt a different way and all offered options should be honored.

What makes the storyline really sad is that Geralt now thinks Merigold is the love of his life...he loved her, too, but it wasn't as powerful as his romance with Yen. Maybe they've thought that resurrecting him is enough? Two would be too much, and three (together with Ciri) even more a blatant insult ot the series (not that I agree, but they could've thought so)? I don't know...Sapkowsky himself seemed to like the game afaik. Shows that there is still plenty, TONS of potential in this universe.

Top Bottom