Geralt English Voice Actor?

+
Geralt English Voice Actor?

So, I've been away a bit.Is Doug Cockle doing it? Or is it different now?

I'm pretty sure it's the same VA, at least in the final version. In some alpha versions there's a different VA, just as a place holder.In the first official trailer, he has one line, and I'm pretty sure it's the same voice

Still no word on Geralt's voice? That question has been haunting me for days now. Cos a similar voice won't do, won't do at all. But there are no credits for TW2 on Doug Co*kle's IMDB page.

It sounds like Doug ****** to me. I'll still be playing in Polish.Edit: Ha! his last name gets censored here?

slimgrin said:
Edit: Ha! his last name gets censored here?
Yes, because it's a forum about a game for young kids. ;)But I think, even if the VA's weren't done, they'd still know who'd do them, right?Of course I'd like all of the main characters to have the same voice, but I'll trade them all off for Geralt. And my grandmother too, if neccessary. :D

I don't think the voices are finalised but i think the voice is not the same in the trailers.

I think they are the same voice actors but their voices and dialogue haven't been computer edited yet. I've never worked in an audio department before but I doubt they just speak into a microphone and it goes directly into the game. They probably do their lines and CDP adds effects to them later on when integrating the dialogue so it sounds a little different.

DelightfulMcCoy said:
Of course I'd like all of the main characters to have the same voice, but I'll trade them all off for Geralt. And my grandmother too, if neccessary. :D
*gigglesnort* Let's hope you get to keep the old dame. And let's hope we get to keep Doug Cockle as Geralt. I also hope for the same Zoltan; I thought he was great (and his Thaler and Narrator were excellent, too).

Corylea said:
Corylea said:
Of course I'd like all of the main characters to have the same voice, but I'll trade them all off for Geralt. And my grandmother too, if neccessary. :D
*gigglesnort* Let's hope you get to keep the old dame. And let's hope we get to keep Doug Cockle as Geralt. I also hope for the same Zoltan; I thought he was great (and his Thaler and Narrator were excellent, too).
It's the same actor. (unless they have one that sounds exactly the same)Check the Prison break trailer and listen to Geralts voice, when he's about to "Aard" the first torch.And i'm also fairly confident that Zoltans voice is the same aswell based from stated trailer. That is ofcourse harder to tell when all dwarfs talks like Scottish people so i could be wrong.

Yes! YES! YESSSS! It's him, you're right, Juuuhan! Everything will be okay. Everything will be wonderful *stupidblissedoutgrin*. Now I really can't wait anymore. I'm gonny lay down now, please wake me up when it's Witcher time. Triss' voice is definitely different, though. But I think that's not news, is it?And Zoltan? Dunno for sure. But the accent is perfect, at least.The trailer is fuc*ing hilarious, especially the end, when the guard tries to figure out how to aard the torch like Geralt did. :D It seems thewitcher.com can only be used with Internet Explorer, though. I avoid IE like the plague and I'm sure I'm not the only one, so this should be looked at perhaps. You'll miss out on potential customers, if they can't use the site with Firefox. >:eek:

DelightfulMcCoy said:
Yes! YES! YESSSS! It's him, you're right, Juuuhan! Everything will be okay. Everything will be wonderful *stupidblissedoutgrin*. Now I really can't wait anymore. I'm gonny lay down now, please wake me up when it's Witcher time. Triss' voice is definitely different, though. But I think that's not news, is it?And Zoltan? Dunno for sure. But the accent is perfect, at least.The trailer is fuc*ing hilarious, especially the end, when the guard tries to figure out how to aard the torch like Geralt did. :D It seems thewitcher.com can only be used with Internet Explorer, though. I avoid IE like the plague and I'm sure I'm not the only one, so this should be looked at perhaps. You'll miss out on potential customers, if they can't use the site with Firefox. >:eek:
not true i use google chrome fine

Yes.. I don't understand what you've said about browsers...I use Firefox and it works well.Yes, Triss got a new voice. Maybe no one noticed, since everyone was busy whining about Geralts face.If you want more insight on the final voices of the english verision, I suggest you check the Prologue (four videos) originally posted from an Polish site.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8SxGWzoY90

Huh. Just my Firefox, then. Maybe a fancy script in a loop. Will try again later.Thanks for the link. Nice interactions between the guys.

Juuuhan said:
Yes, Triss got a new voice. Maybe no one noticed, since everyone was busy whining about Geralts face.
Yeah, and it makes for an interesting change. I rather liked that Triss was in her thirties and had a voice to match. It was interesting and different, and it contrasted well with Shani, who was clearly younger.Now Triss is young and pouty, almost girlish. Perhaps it's more like that in the books? Or is it just a marketing decision?

Juuuhan said:
...Yes, Triss got a new voice. Maybe no one noticed, since everyone was busy whining about Geralts face...
Yup, and I whined a lot about Geralt's face too. Also, if needed would do the same for his voice actor. However, I don't care about other NPC's faces or voices at all.

Top Bottom