Geralt got his memory back on the witcher 2 (?) SPOILERS

+
Geralt got his memory back on the witcher 2 (?) SPOILERS

greetings,
i have recently finished the witcher 2 again during my wait for the witcher 3 and i noticed that when you save triss from the nilfgaardians in chapter 3, during the dialog in the nilfgaardian dungeon; after Triss tells geralt that "he didnt have memory about how the world worked before the thaned masacre" geralt answers "actually i remember exactly how it worked". Does this mean that geralt got his memory back at this point of the game? im talking about the events of the books and before not his abduction by the wild hunt and what happened between the games and the books.

What do you think?

#ToParadiseonhore¨sasses

Yes; Geralt regained his memory for events that happened before his apparent death
when he lifted the curse on the battlefield at Vergen, as Cedric foretold.

i suposed it had something to do with the events on the second chapter but as it does not explicitly tells you about it and only shows the events he rememberd after his suposed death i wasnt sure.

Thank´s for the replies :D

Then why doesn't he go all berserk on his friends (Zoltan, Dandellion) and especially on Triss for holding back important info about the life of his life and his daughter.

Actually on the way to Flotsam, he tells Triss to tell him all about Yennefer and CDPR just skips through that (!!!) and they behave completely the same after that, like nothing happened. They could have had so much possibilities in that conversation especially with Trisses character, would she lie, how much would she hold back, could her honesty be different depending on your choices in W1 and what would Geralt's freakin' reaction be!

Then why doesn't he go all berserk on his friends (Zoltan, Dandellion) and especially on Triss for holding back important info about the life of his life and his daughter.

Actually on the way to Flotsam, he tells Triss to tell him all about Yennefer and CDPR just skips through that (!!!) and they behave completely the same after that, like nothing happened. They could have had so much possibilities in that conversation especially with Trisses character, would she lie, how much would she hold back, could her honesty be different depending on your choices in W1 and what would Geralt's freakin' reaction be!

At that point, Geralt knows only what Triss has told him; he has remembered only his death, and the dream of fleeing the Wild Hunt. Geralt does not recover any of his memory, except for the few flashbacks, until he lifts the curse on the battlefield. Triss did not know that this happened; she still believed he did not remember earlier events.

Last edited:
But he can know that they haven't told him everything, and what bugs me more is how can the developers skip such an important point for both characters Triss and Geralt the talk they have about his past, which should have been extremely emotional for both of them, and quite important in their future relations.

Top Bottom