Geralt: Igni Doesn't Destroy the Target

+
Geralt: Igni Doesn't Destroy the Target

So, I just had Geralt:Igni played against me and it killed all three of my Crones even though they had their base strengths of 8, 6 and 6.

Has anyone else had this happen?

Also, don't know if its relevant, but I had a 32 strength Unseen Elder on the row prior to the Crones being played. maybe Igni interacted weird cause elder was on row... who knows.

Last edited:
Yes, he played the Igni on the turn right after i played them. there was never an opportunity to buff them, regardless, I don't even have any buff cards in my deck.

Geralt: Igni Destroys Targets of Different Strength

Decoy is intermittently boosting Priestess of Freya. When I decoy one, sometimes I get a priestess with a boosted power of 4 on the field, sometimes it's the normal 1. I don't understand.

Isn't Geralt - Igni only supposed to destroy only the highest card(s) on the opposing row if that row's power exceeds 20? Sometimes it's destroying all the cards regardless of individual power or which was the higher card (no tie). Again, I do not understand.

The ability to view the history of cards played so far is great. Would it be possible to also view chained cards? (Eg; somebody plays a card which summons the highest bronze/silver card from the deck, you can see the summoning card in the history but you cannot see the summoned card)

Last edited by a moderator:
Having a thread with various bugs and suggestions is difficult to keep track of, hence the guideline:

When posting in the Gwent technical forums please:
  1. Post one issue at a time. It is much easier to reply to issues for everyone - other users, moderators and Reds - when one topic contains input regarding one issue.

Getting back to your points:
First: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/forum/en/gwent/tech-support-ac/8594920-bug-decoy-card-having-issues
Last: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/for...ay-history-not-interacting-with-card-chaining

These can be discussed in their respective threads.

As for Igni, that's indeed strange. Please, check whether or not you can reproduce this bug. It would be nice to have some more details (a video would be awesome, otherwise a few screenhots).

4RM3D;n9125890 said:
Having a thread with various bugs and suggestions is difficult to keep track of, hence the guideline:

Sorry about that, and thanks for linking. It seems decoy bug is already known and people have suggested tracking chained cards in history as well. Swell.

How about Geralt-Igni card? Has that been reported before? Before you ask, yes I tried searching forum, it hit me back with 500 results. Maybe I suck at searching?

8183k;n9126250 said:
How about Geralt-Igni card? Has that been reported before? Before you ask, yes I tried searching forum, it hit me back with 500 results. Maybe I suck at searching?

Well, there is this: https://forums.cdprojektred.com/forum/en/gwent/tech-support-ac/8932380-geralt-igni-broken but it's still unconfirmed. Maybe merging the thread would be best.

As for searching, if you click on the magnifying glass without entering a query, you'll be redirected to the advanced search page.

Igni killing off ALL my cards in the row, regardless of whether they tied in points has happened to me twice now.

Geralt.Igni Bug

Hey,

so I played the Geralt:Igni off of the Ge'els on the opposite row of a row having 4x5 strength. It should've gone off but didn't. (the row was constituted of 2 bronze skellige cards that get automatically summoned when discarded - I forgot the name of the card - and the 2 smaller silver witcher cards (vesemir and some other guy, forgot the name.)

All 4 cards had 5 strength at the time.

This never happened before so i cannot say whether it's a constant bug or not.

Igni Bonkers...

Can someone explain to me what went wrong... Opponent had 6, 8 and 9 Queensguard. I Auckes to reduce the 9 to 8 to align Igni. Yet when I use igni the 9 turned into 8 survived.

igni confusion

does igni destroy units based on their current strength or base strength or no? I couldn't figured out how something happened in a game.

I had a row > 20 str
K sgt @ 7, RKElect @ 8 w/2 armor, and Blue Stripes Com @ 7. When Igni was played targeting this row all three units were destroyed.

Ihear_BlueColors;n9206941 said:
So it's two bugs?

Likely not:

Simply that Igni is working as intended, but due to the visual glitch with units' Strength (e.g. the game displays 8 when the card actually has 7), several cards may appear to be different when, in fact, they share exactly the same strength.

Incorrect numbers are creating a smokescreen. (And smoke is just un-burnt fuel for Igni. :p)

SigilFey;n9211381 said:
Likely not:

Simply that Igni is working as intended, but due to the visual glitch with units' Strength (e.g. the game displays 8 when the card actually has 7), several cards may appear to be different when, in fact, they share exactly the same strength.

Incorrect numbers are creating a smokescreen. (And smoke is just un-burnt fuel for Igni. :p)

Eh. I don't think that's it. The way the Knight Erannt works is buffing at the start of the turn?

But if it is a "visual bug" then whats the trigger or how often does it happen?

Or am I misunderstanding the scope of the visual bug - is it being suggested that me and my opponent had different boards?

Ihear_BlueColors;n9216851 said:
Eh. I don't think that's it. The way the Knight Erannt works is buffing at the start of the turn?

But if it is a "visual bug" then whats the trigger or how often does it happen?

Or am I misunderstanding the scope of the visual bug - is it being suggested that me and my opponent had different boards?

I don't think anyone can say yet how often it happens, and the only way to tell if it's happening is to manually crunch the numbers that should have appeared based upon the cards played and compare that to what was on the screen at the time. Given the attention in the linked thread, I'm sure CDPR will whip something up for the next patch.

(If it were as simple as saying, "Oh, that bug? It happens whenever Escabod is in the room." Then, everyone else would be like,"Escabod, out ya go." And Escabod would be, like, all pouting alone on the back porch while everyone else played Gwent flawlessly. Alas...it's all technical and complicated and stuff.)

Last edited:
SigilFey;n9217691 said:
I don't think anyone can say yet how often it happens, and the only way to tell if it's happening is to manually crunch the numbers that should have appeared based upon the cards played and compare that to what was on the screen at the time. Given the attention in the linked thread, I'm sure CDPR will whip something up for the next patch.

(If it were as simple as saying, "Oh, that bug? It happens whenever Dave is in the room." Then, everyone else would be like,"Dave, out ya go." And Dave would be, like, all pouting alone on the back porch while everyone else played Gwent flawlessly. Alas...it's all technical and complicated and stuff.)

It's just coincidence that my name is David right?

Top Bottom