Geralt: Igni or Yennefer: Enchantress (with Scorch)?

+

should i still craft gigni if i run scorch and yen enchantress in my NG soldiers deck

• Total voters
Hi all, just started gwent and im playing NG soldiers.

i was wondering since i run scorch, would yen enchantress be a better addition than gigni?

cos i was actually saving to craft gigni but since i had YE i thought just add it and see how it goes.

last game i played, im glad that i run YE instead of gigni cos last 2 turns of the game, i scorched my opp, which left the next highest minion on his side in a row that was <25.

so if i was holding gigni instead of YE, he would be a dead hand but since it was YE, i could scorch tat minion no problem.

which leads me to this question : should i still craft gigni after all, since im kinda seeing tat YE would actually be better than gigni.

thanks in advance for your input

Scorch is good when you don't have high strength cards yourself (compared to the opponent). Geralt: Igni is safer to use, but can also be a dead card when it doesn't find a target. Incidentally, a CA spy can brick (not having a valid target) your Scorch, while it can save your Geralt: Igni.

For Yennefer: Enchantress, you'll need more spells in your deck because otherwise she can brick too easily. Then again, this also makes it more difficult to guarantee you'll get double Scorch, but on the other hand, she'll give you more flexibility in case you don't want to Scorch.

TL;DR: You need to make a deck revolving around Yennefer: Enchantress, while you don't have any requirements for using Geralt: Igni. If you can make it work, Yennefer: Enchantress is usually the better choice.

i see.

yea when i draw yen enchantress before scorch i throw her back, and i see your point on her being a dead draw esp if in the last round i dont have my scorch yet.

atm i dont intend to add any more spells cos i think ive got a good list.

and since im running soldiers usually my opp have the highest minions.

shall see how it goes

Top Bottom