geralt is a ghost with a head of hair

+
geralt is a ghost with a head of hair

...Well after downloading 1.07, geralts body and face has vanished. anyone else having this issue or know what to do about it? ive edited nothing that would alter geralts appearance or anything of the sort. need help, game unplayable like this

Attachments

• witcher 3 bug.jpg
    witcher 3 bug.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 67
yeah this is really annoying, can we get some support with this issue please.

---------- Updated at 09:38 PM ----------

bump

You guys all have AMD cards?

Not me, but the issue was fixed for me after a refresh, from the looks of it it's modding related (at least mine) a render man trace just shows it can't find couple of texture maps steam verif/fresh install should solve it.

From other posters mentioning SP i don't think they are running AMD cards either.

Yeah, I just posted same issue, with the variation that I get these strange rendering issues with parts of the attire rendering offscreen.

Running some additional tracing on the issue iIf you are sure that the game was not modded (if it was delete the modded .bundle files and download them again via Steam) try the following:

Disable the shader cache globally in the NVIDIA control panel.

Reboot.

Delete the shader cache folders, they should be in %WINDIR%\temp\NVIDIA Corporation\NV_Cache and %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp\NVIDIA Corporation\NV_Cache

Reboot.

Launch the game if the issue is resolved enable the shader cache in the driver settings.

Reboot

Launch the game again, if it still works great if not try repeating the previous steps without renabling the cache.

Seems like there might be a cache invalidation issue (either hash collision or some of the assets were moved around), could also be an issue with an NVIDIA replacement shader.

If it still doesn't work and you are capable of running a trace on your end i would be interested to see the results.

https://apitrace.github.io/

You can use APITrace, VSGD or RenderDoc, RenderDoc is probably the most user friendly.

Last edited:
yes problem occurs with new game, old saves, etc. I have an nvidia card

Okay... Interesting.

1.) Do you use any mods?
2.) Have you edited any of the user.config settings?
3.) Which driver version are you using, and is it the reference driver off the Nvidia website?
4.) Have you tried reinstalling DirectX straight off the Microsoft website?
5.) Can you please post your full specs as well as Nvidia Control Panel settings?

Delete your mods and also make sure the backups are not in the same place as the main file otherwise game loads the backup version instead of the new version.

Top Bottom