Geralt of Rivia Card in the endgame

+
Geralt of Rivia Card in the endgame

I completed the main story in the game and I have one gwent card left. The in-game guide says it's one in Novigrad. It's the Geralt of Rivia card that normally you get from Thaler in the "Playing Thaler" quest. In this playthrough I did not play "A Deadly Plot" quest. Is there a way I can still get this card? I'm on 1.31 patch on PS4. Thaler is not there in the Sevent Cats Inn.

AFAIK the Geralt card is missable just like the three cards you can win at the Vegelbuds' party. Since Thaler isn't at the inn, you're out of luck unfortunately. :/

Thaler only goes to the Seven cats Inn after you complete 'a deadly plot' Quest & rescue him from the troll cave. If you have completed the game but not done that quest try going to the cave & see if he is still held by the trolls. Your second option is to start the 'Gwent old pals' quest line beat the other players & see if it highlights on the map where he is.

Yep, the quest with old friends playing Gwent worked for me - I won the Geralt card I think from Roche or found it at Kaer Morhen where Lambert had left it... something like that.

In patch 1.31 shouldn't missable cards be reflected in quests progression? The quest for collecting all cards should fail if I got to a point that I can't affected cards. That's what's happening if you skip the quest with Gwent tournament in Triss'es story-line. I checked the cave and didn't find Thaler there, nor the card :(

In patch 1.31 shouldn't missable cards be reflected in quests progression? The quest for collecting all cards should fail if I got to a point that I can't affected cards. That's what's happening if you skip the quest with Gwent tournament in Triss'es story-line. I checked the cave and didn't find Thaler there, nor the card :(

Look for the Qwent old pals quest in your log & see if it has failed or not listed. If so then your screwed probably because you entered the Isle of Mists before starting it or rescuing him & once you do that it's game over for many of the quest lines. If not then the card is still available somewhere on the velen map. Try finding Zoltan first at the Rosemary then Roche at the temerian camp & see if talking to them or playing them then opens up his location. Other than that Thaler lived in a house in the Gildorf area of Novigrad just west of the Nowhere Inn & south of the noticeboard located in the square outside the shopkeeper who sold the potion of clearance so their is a small chance he may be hanging around in that area.

After endgame, you can just go to Seven Cats Inn and look for a small box containing "Geralt of Rivia" hero card. The box is highlighted when you hold down the Alt-key.
You don't need to find Thaler's house.

After endgame, you can just go to Seven Cats Inn and look for a small box containing "Geralt of Rivia" hero card. The box is highlighted when you hold down the Alt-key.
You don't need to find Thaler's house.
What box execatly!? I finished old pals but not the other quest line, I was afraid of the implications on the end game, I regret it now UT oh well lol...

Still I can't find the card ot Thaller anywhere :(

I think the box by the Seven Cats Inn is bs. It's got to be somewhere else? Where is Thaler's house supposed to be? All the ones I saw were locked.

I finished the main quest line for the 4th time and afterwards I got into gwent for the first time, so I missed already some cards, including Geralt. Is there no other way to get this card? Because Thaler isn't in the inn anymore.

edit: SPOILERRR:

Because I never did any gwent quests, this was surprising for me.

I finished the quest Reason of State, decided to let Dijkstra live, Roche died. I hadn't played gwent yet with Zoltan. If you win from him you start autom. the quest Gwent: Old Pals. I also hadn't played gwent with Roche, so the quest routed me to his old hideout and there you will find a new gwent card. Afterwards I had to go to Kaer Morhan to find the card of Lambert. Too bad they didn't do this with the card of Geralt.
Post automatically merged:

Holy shit, I have the answer to all those who didn't get the Geralt of Rivia after Thaler isn't in the game anymore.

I just finished the quest Gwent: Old Pals, and I didn't get a location for the Geralt card. Ofcourse I thought that I was f*cked. Anyway, I decided to return to the Seven Cats inn, went to the original location of Thaler and there was a small box with the Geralt of Rivia card in it.

To summarise my situation. I hadn't played any of the gwent quests because I didn't pay any attention to it, didn't like. After I finished the main quest I decided to play gwent and I did like it. Too bad that many characters with rare gwent cards were gone at this point... wrong. Just like my comment here above, I decided to play with Zoltan and if you win from him the quest Gwent: Old Pals begins. Afterwards you get all the rare gwent cards for "free", just follow the quest locations. Except Geralt of Rivia, the quest doesn't give you a route, but go to the Seven Cats inn and there you will find Geralt!

Last edited:
Well I'm playing on PS4. I've finished the story (On Death March!) without doing A DeadlyPlot (failed). However, I have completed Gwent: Old Pals. Collect 'em All is not failed and the Gwent Book says I only have one card left to find in Novigrad. There's no box at the Seven Cats Inn and I think I know which cave everyone is talking about where Thaler is being held by trolls, but there's no trolls anywhere. Am I missing something? I can't be completely missable, right? (Version 1.62 on PS4.)

Top Bottom