Geralt of Rivia ( Spoilers from books and games )

+
Geralt of Rivia ( Spoilers from books and games )

We have waifu wars, lodge members, kings, villains, simple politics, etc, but in the process we forgot about the character because of who we have 8 beautiful books and 3 beautiful games. i have seen multiple times on other threads question why don`t we have thread about Geralt, so ladies and gentlemen i bring you Geralt of Rivia also known as The White Wolf and Butcher of Blaviken. Of course other characters is important too, but he is main character and this is tribute to him.

Of course this is RPG and we make choices, but Geralt is predefined characters with his own personality and even if we make choice Geralt has his own opinion about situation. So what is your opinion about Geralt and about some situation he find himself in, what Geralt of Rivia would never do in those situation, favorite moments with him, his favorite quotes, etc.

In W1 and W2 he had amnesia, and had excuses for some things he do but now his memory is returned, what Geralt of Rivia would never do, would he after everything bring Ciri to Emhyr, lie to her or refuse to help her, would he kill people because he suspect suspect they might do something like Keira Metz, would he take part in regicide like some thug without even questioning decision and ask what will happen later with country, etc.

“Duny,” said Geralt seriously, “Calanthe, Pavetta. And you, righteous knight Tuirseach, future king of Cintra. In order to become a witcher, you have to be born in the shadow of destiny, and very few are born like that. That's why there are so few of us. We're growing old, dying, without anyone to pass our knowledge, our gifts, on to. We lack successors. And this world is full of Evil which waits for the day none of us are left.” “Geralt,” whispered Calanthe. “Yes, you're not wrong, queen. Duny! You will give me that which you already have but do not know. I’ll return to Cintra in six years to see if destiny has been kind to me.”
― Andrzej Sapkowski, The Last Wish

“Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”
― Andrzej Sapkowski, The Last Wish

Best of Geralt
Geralt of Rivia: Have you turned stupid, soldier? Either leave on your feet or die on your back.
Jacques de Aldersberg: Only a grand plan pursued without hesitation could save humanity from what I saw in my visions.
Geralt of Rivia: You trust your daydreams that much?
Jacques de Aldersberg: I never asked for these visions, this gift.
Geralt of Rivia: But you chose how to use it.
Jacques de Aldersberg: Many times you insisted special gifts should be used for just causes. I chose the most just of causes- saving millions of lives.
Geralt of Rivia: And pursued it by ending hundred of others.
Letho of Gulet: I have to kill you.
Geralt of Rivia: Try it. But I'm no king.
Triss Merigold: [looking at the aftermath of Geralt's attack at the Nilfgaardian camp] Those Nilfgaardians... that's your work?
Geralt of Rivia: They followed their leader too blindly.
Triss Merigold: You killed them all?
Geralt of Rivia: They didn't slaughter themselves.
Geralt of Rivia: Let's get out of here, Vernon.
Vernon Roche: Have you lost your mind?
Geralt of Rivia: [of Henselt] You wanted to kill a king, not a cockroach.
Geralt of Rivia: [of the blind Philippa] It was Radovid's way of thanking her for the care she provided him when she was a child.

And for the end if you need to get rid of the Djinn use exorcism words like Geralt did.
“That exorcism which made you so angry…What do the words mean?”
“Indeed, what a moment for quips and jokes—”
“Please, Mr. Krepp, sir.”
“Oh, well,” said the priest, hiding behind the mayor’s heavy oak table. “It’s your last wish, so I’ll tell you. It means…Hmm…Hmm…essentially…get out of here and go fuck yourself!”

I have a question when Geralt bring Ciri to Emhyr he say he promised me to not force you on anything, when did he made that promise, did i miss something from game or Geralt just lied

Will be similar (un)popular. Maybe even a bit less because he is no woman. Still no Dandelion and Zoltan threads

Will be similar (un)popular. Maybe even a bit less because he is no woman. Still no Dandelion and Zoltan threads
but they are Geralt friends i think we can discuss it here it won`t be off topic if geralt is involved

Last edited:
It's possible that it's in one of the dialog options I missed, or it's possible that they rewrote the scene and left it there by mistake. I don't think Geralt would lie to Ciri to convince her to go see Emhyr. That's really stretching it.
But he want her for Reasons of state it`s not just to talk, end if its in part of conversation you didn`t pick then it`s lie

---------- Updated at 09:37 PM ----------

Soooo, Books vs Witcher1 vs Witcher 2 vs Witcher 3 Geralt. Who is most badass?
Hard question depends who you consider best Villain to defeat, Vilgefortz, Jacques de Aldelsberg, Letho, or Wild hunt, but i would choose books i think he kill more powerfull enemies there

Soooo, Books vs Witcher1 vs Witcher 2 vs Witcher 3 Geralt. Who is most badass?

TW2 for me

Attachments

• the-witcher-2-assassins-of-3227.jpg
    the-witcher-2-assassins-of-3227.jpg
    406 KB · Views: 114
Top Bottom