Geralt of Rivia ( Spoilers from books and games )

+
Is Geralt as humorous/badass in the books as he is in the games?
Not always, sometimes he haven't strenght to act rough, sometimes he had some kind depression - I love this part from books:

Wow, I'm surprised I only just discovered this thread.

It depends on which story you're reading. Without spoiling too much, his behavior shifts dramatically depending on which characters he's with in the short stories. When he's on his own, he's typically assertive, clever, and focused. At other times... not so much.

In the novels, I think he gets to be brooding and distant a lot more than in the games.

It depends on which story you're reading. Without spoiling too much, his behavior shifts dramatically depending on which characters he's with in the short stories. When he's on his own, he's typically assertive, clever, and focused. At other times... not so much.

In the novels, I think he gets to be brooding and distant a lot more than in the games.

Thanks, I think I understand what you mean, I guess with a book you can show those sorts of emotions a lot more.

The creature didn't move.
'You like birds,' continued the witcher. 'But that doesn't stop you biting the necks of people of both sexes, does it? You and Nivellen, indeed! A beautiful couple you'd make, a monster and a vampire, rulers of a forest castle. You'd dominate the whole area in a flash. You, eternally thirsty for blood, and he, your guardian, a murderer at your service, a blind tool. But first he had to become a true monster, not a human being in a monster's mask.'
The huge black eyes narrowed.
'Where is he, black-haired one? You were singing, so you've drunk some blood. You've taken the ultimate measure, which means you haven't managed to enslave his mind. Am I right?'
The black-tressed head nodded slightly, almost imperceptibly, and the corners of the mouth turned up even more. The tiny little face took on an eerie expression.
'No doubt you consider yourself the lady of this manor now?'
A nod, this time clearer.
Are you a moola?'
A slow shake of the head. The hiss which reverberated through his bones could only have come from the pale, ghastly, smiling lips, although the witcher didn't see them move.
Alpor?'
Denial.
The witcher backed away and clasped the hilt of his sword tighter. 'That means you're—'
The corners of the lips started to turn up higher and higher, the lips flew open . . .
A bruxa!' the witcher shouted, throwing himself towards the fountain.

Fun, is it you that paint these? They're beautiful! ~ Just how I imagine them while reading :x

---------- Updated at 07:38 PM ----------

Wow, I'm surprised I only just discovered this thread.

He dishes out lots of snide remarks and jokes throughout, normally while he is dealing with his clients, but when it comes down to serious situations he is 100% focused on his task, a disciplined joker ~ It's something they translated quite well from the books to TW3, the others he picks it up slowly throughout, but it doesn't reach its peak until he has his memory back.

He dishes out lots of snide remarks and jokes throughout, normally while he is dealing with his clients, but when it comes down to serious situations he is 100% focused on his task, a disciplined joker ~ It's something they translated quite well from the books to TW3, the others he picks it up slowly throughout, but it doesn't reach its peak until he has his memory back.

Damn, makes me want to read the books even more now :p

Damn, makes me want to read the books even more now :p

YOU TOTALLY SHOULD!

Ahaha, I'd lend you mine if it was easily done q:

I started with TW3 ~Did the White Orchard section ~ then went back and read all the ones in English so far then played the games.

Going to have to find fan translations as the books aren't released fully in English until 2017 :x

YOU TOTALLY SHOULD!

Ahaha, I'd lend you mine if it was easily done q:

I started with TW3 ~Did the White Orchard section ~ then went back and read all the ones in English so far then played the games.

Going to have to find fan translations as the books aren't released fully in English until 2017 :x

I can buy ebook versions on amazon or google play, so it shouldn't be a problem :D

Started with TW3 myself, finished it, then finished TW1 and now I'm a good bit into TW2, going to read the books after I finish it :D

I've seen about the last 2 books not being translated, hopefully the fan translations are good quality, I'll probably ask some people's opinions of them by the time I get to them :)

Just to check, is this the order I should read them in?:

1. The Last Wish (Short Story)
  2. The Sword of Destiny (Short Story)
  3. Blood of Elves
  4. Time of Contempt
  5. Baptism of Fire
  6. The Swallow's Tower (Fan translation :cry: )
  7. Lady of the Lake (Fan translation :cry: )
I just copied that order from Wikipedia, so I have no idea :p

I can buy ebook versions on amazon or google play, so it shouldn't be a problem :D

Started with TW3 myself, finished it, then finished TW1 and now I'm a good bit into TW2, going to read the books after I finish it :D

I've seen about the last 2 books not being translated, hopefully the fan translations are good quality, I'll probably ask some people's opinions of them by the time I get to them :)

3. Blood of Elves
  4. Time of Contempt
  5. Baptism of Fire
I just copied that order from Wikipedia, so I have no idea :p

Aye, that's the order, If I finish a fan translation before you get there I'll drop you my opinion in a message q:

3. Blood of Elves
  4. Time of Contempt
  5. Baptism of Fire

You can add Season of Storms reading after Lady of the Lake. But I don't know if there already is an english fan translation. ;)

I'm sure you will have a great time doing this that way. I'm also sure waiting for the official translations would take less time. :D

She'll do it, and like it! Ahaha

~Nooo, the official comes out in 2017, more than enough time.

Last edited:
Aye, that's the order, If I finish a fan translation before you get there I'll drop you my opinion in a message q:

I found the fan translations just as good as the official, a spelling mistake here or there, but official ones weren't perfect either.

Top Bottom