Geralt´s VATS system

+
It would be cool if this VATS system was accesible trough out swordsmanship's skill tree and if it was very limited - like being able to kill your last enemy in more "cinematic" way etc. If it's optional and not vital part of the combat - why not.

But if it was merely cinematic and offered no practical purpose then who would waste a skill point on it? I mean depending on how difficult the game turns out to be (plus whatever extra difficulty the different levels add) we might need every advantage we can get.

It is in game in simple version. You just disable some monster abilities by detective work/reading books. I am not sure if I like how it sounds. Simply it doesn´t make sense that knowledge of monster makes him automatically weaker.

For example exact system like in Fallout would definitely not suit Witcher but slow down focus system as optional strategic combat approach would be so awesome.I wouldn't use it all the time but it sounds like fun way to play imo.

I'm sure they have a good reason for not using it? The translation says "too expensive", which could mean that the amount of resources they would have had to devote to it wasn't worth the pay off. Game development is all about balancing man power, time, and money because no body has an infinite amount of any.

IsengrimR

It is in game in simple version. You just disable some monster abilities by detective work/reading books. I am not sure if I like how it sounds. Simply it doesn´t make sense that knowledge of monster makes him automatically weaker.

Yep, that's what we know so far... the full blown VATS system ( which, I might add, is utterly useless in fallout when you turn off the fucking mouse acceleration ) would be horrible.

Yep, that's what we know so far... the full blown VATS system ( which, I might add, is utterly useless in fallout when you turn off the fucking mouse acceleration ) would be horrible.

Yep. I just think that game should describe you special abilities of monsters and way to fight them instead of disabling them. That is weird.

Can you target specific parts of a monster or enemy?

In interviews i remember cd project red saying that you can attack different parts of a monster‘s body to disable their abilities or to do a critical hit, instakill etc. I think specifically it was a monster called phin or something which can blind you but if you hit its eye disables that ability. Is it still the case? Is that part of the dismemberment system, can you guide it somehow to hit a specific spot? Because in gameplay shown publicly so far it seems you just hit all over the place. I really hope the combat is more tactical where monsters have unique abilities and different weaknesses u can exploit with cool ways to finish them rather than just hack n slash.

Thats disappointing. I hope there are still weak points on enemies that u can hit without targeting at least.

---------- Updated at 11:58 PM ----------

Any chance they will add the VATS system as post dlc, i seriously wouldn't mind paying a bit more for it. Make it optional. That would be awesome.

Any chance they will add the VATS system as post dlc, i seriously wouldn't mind paying a bit more for it. Make it optional. That would be awesome.

I wouldn't be too hopeful. They experimented, discarded the idea, so they presumably had good reasons for deciding not to implement it.

Top Bottom