Geralt sobers up instantly - is this a bug?

+
I am getting strange bugs during the quest "Old Friend of Mine" in chapter 2.

Geralt gets drunk during the party, and has to stagger downstairs to steal a bottle of wine from the old lady's cabinet. To my shock, while staggering around, Geralt suddenly sobers up instantly and starts running at normal pace.

This must be a bug or a gameplay error, this has never happened to me before while being intoxicated.

Is this a bug that can cause a corrupted save game file or later glitches?

Thank you,
Donkey Kong

If he really sobers up right away (without drinking the potion that removes drunkenness or meditating) it could be a little bug, yes. But I doubt it‘s something that would break the game. I wouldn‘t worry about it.

However, you can always load an early save game right before getting drunk just to make sure.

Thank you for the reply.

He doesn't sober up immediately, but after I wandered downstairs looking for the wine...about 10 seconds later it happened.

I've tried this quest a few times and the level of toxicity at the party always seem to vary, so don't know if my game is broken.

Just wondering though, does toxicity duration vary in general, is it random, or is it always the same time length?

UPDATE: I just tried this quest and again his toxicity disappeared after about 15-20 seconds later. This is frustrating!

Is there a way to reset the toxicity variables?

Last edited:
I did the quest again and this time he didn't get drunk, so I was able to just walk around normally.

Thanks, I will assume this is solved, although it doesn't really make sense why he gets drunk sometimes at the party and other times he doesn't, was this by design?

Top Bottom