Geralt thinking out loud - Why?

+
The only difference between listening to him talking out loud and hearing his thoughts is that he moves his lips. Out of all the problems this game has, you chose this one to complain about. What a great ******* logic.

Elementary my dear Watson.
He is hallucinating after White Gull overdose in psychiatric ward , under care of nurse named Shani

Last edited:
People or mutant or Geralt who dwell a lot of time alone in sewers, jungle and roads, won't ever be normal.
In real life, see the truckers when do their job, they are surely love talking to themself when something on the roads happens.
A lonely job always produce people who like to talk to themself.

How do I know this ? Because I'm a 3D modeler who love to yell to those Vertex from hell.

The only difference between listening to him talking out loud and hearing his thoughts is that he moves his lips.
If they did make it hear his thoughts more often then people would be on here complaining that his lips aren't moving while he is talking :p

Seriously though OP I never really noticed this... I just took it as a another way to hear what Geralt was thinking not as something odd...

I kinda like it, especially the talking to Roach. You gotta have someone or something to talk to on the road!

They also joke with it in the pan quest in White Orchard, where Geralt inspects a body (if I remember right) and the old lady hears it :)

He is thinking out loud cause it's a computer game, how else is he going to convey to YOU the player what he's thinking about when he is analyzing evidence? Derp

I've had NPCs respond to his thinking out loud and I even heard one tell him to stop talking to himself. So he definitely is saying the stuff out loud in the game.

looks like people are taking a GAME so seriously . why not enjoy instead of comparing with real life and hoping it to b like one . just have fun and treat it like a game

I like it, as a person who lives pretty much a recluse, I find myself walking around talking to myself aloud just happens. In game I always just thought of it as he is talking to Roach and or Yen/Triss like they are there with him. (as for myself, no excuse :p )

There's actually a quest in the first zone that makes fun of it. It's called "Frying Pan Spick and Span".

there was suppose to be an .ini setting that let's you disables it, something like "selfmuttering" or "geraltmuttering", but I haven't found that anywhere... not like I've looked for it a lot, but, ya know...

He's thinking out loud Dowlphin, but only you can hear it. It's a "forth wall" kind of deal. ;)

Badger

Nope, other people are conscious of what Geralt says. This is actually poked fun at a little when Geralt is talking to himself about the murder of a guy in the Pan quest in White Orchard. The old woman who gave him the contract can hear him talk to himself and asks what he's saying. Geralt gets a little embarrassed and quickly replies that he said nothing.
I think he's done this since the first game, but I can't remember honestly. I know he did it in the second. It's an easy way to communicate Geralt's thoughts/ what's going on.
If we just heard his inner thoughts instead of hearing him speak, that would be kind of dumb to me. It's just unnatural for the player to hear a voice and not see anyone talk. That's just my opinion though.

He is talking to his horse, hello!
Or at least I do, my horse follows me everywhere... EVERYWHERE!

Really? My Roach always leaves alone me looking for food... ALWAYS! Perhaps she avoids hear my own outloud reflexions :p

Last edited:
I don't mind that he thinks out loud. I just wish he'd do it in a way that is less helpful. I know there's a place of power there Geralt you don't need to tell me your medallion is vibrating.

Top Bottom