Geralt using his horse's saddle bag to store the stuff he doesn't need immediately.

+

Geralt using his horse's saddle bag to store the stuff he doesn't need immediately.

• I like this idea, because ...

Votes: 118 98.3%
  • I do not like this idea, because ...

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

This is a general suggestion for inventory management. Geralt owning one horse named Roach (as in the books) that comes to you when you wistle, and not having to ride one horse then finding another one when you get off it. This way players can store the stuff they don't need immediately in the horse's saddle bag (which could get upgraded to hold more stuff). I really did not like the idea of storing your stuff at the inns, and then they appearing in the next region's inn. It was inconvenient and non-sensible. Plus owning a horse is more realistic than hopping from one horse to the next, without the owner or the horse reacting. This also creates a possibility of upgrading the saddle, and even a mission where Geralt's horse gets stolen and him having to track the thief. Geralt talking to his horse on the road like the 52 and half trailer, him petting the horse, and caring about it would also be nice touches that would create an emotional bond between the player and the horse.

Indeed. I hope CDPR designed the horse with love. As for the inventory - I liked most of it in W1, where you were limited to carrying fairly small items, and could never carry armor and weapons outside the slots. If the horse has an inventory, it still allows you to collect more equipment, without Geralt burdening himself by carrying it over his back.

Also, kind of like the idea with the potions - if most of your inventory is with the horse, there will be moment where you'll be forced to plan ahead, knowing you're entering an area where the horse can't follow. And then Geralt may have to move some items of choice to a small pouch on his person, one that can carry, say, just a few grenades and herbs for future potion-crafting during this mini-adventure. So there's the big inventory of the horse, and the smaller, "tactic" inventory of Geralt, for those instances where he can't take his horse.

Yes, this is a great idea! Geralt tells Roach practically everything thats on his mind and it could practically be the outlet needed for the audience to like Geralt even more and establish him as more than a Witcher but a human being with emotions as well.

I also like the idea of a quest where Roach gets stolen! This could be a minor choice whether to kill the thief or let him/her live that has later impacts further down the story.

Since Witchers are travelling monster slayers for hire, however, there should also be the option of renting a room at an inn or creating a camp, since people who hoard items would feel bad discarding valuable items. Storing items at an inn makes more sense here, since this is a single world, not different places split between 3 chapters. Inns could be seen as player homes in this instance, they're usually close to merchants and quest-givers. An item pool connected to all Inns wouldn't make sense in the slightest and it defeats the purpose of going from inn to inn.

Attachments

• Motorbike-cart-pla_1410319i.jpg
    Motorbike-cart-pla_1410319i.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
I mentioned somewhere else: I agree with you, the horse should be your mobile chest with additional capacity to transport stuff, but only your own inventory is handy all the time. I would be fine with being able to rent a chest at the villages as well, but this should then be immobile and you can only take stuff from there, if you are in the right village. This way, you can hoard as much as you want, but as soon as you want to move on to the next place, you have to limit yourself to what you take with you.

As long as people are aware that it's a planned, not a confirmed feature.

Still waiting for the ability to use my fists in regular combat in TW2.

It's not confirmed, guys.
Just vaguely talked about.

Yeah sadly you are right....and shit I hate all the cutting....fuck...the hell with it.....:mean: Let's hope Witcher 3 doesn't become San Andreas or Mafia 2 (google cut content for those games -.- )

IsengrimR

That's a good idea. Loosing your horse will be bad though, but I am fine with that.

Hell yes!! can't wait to see Geralt take his little potion box from roach's saddlebag.

Naah, I doubt anything like that being there. The animation would be too long - IF the function is there at all it's gonna be a simple storage. You approach the horse, you drop your "loot" or take something from the bag, all through some simple menu a la TW1 inns.

I find hoarding loot emersion breaking. I never stored a thing in TW1 and 2, and if i picked up a new sword in TW2, i dropped my old one.

Some small alchemy ingrediënts are fine in my opinion, but i buy the rest, if i need it. Also, i never loot anything besides enemies and hidden stuff. I don't go around stealing everybody's stuff in real life, so i don't do it in game.

You'd need a cart with a horse for what you could carry in TW2. And i don't think Witchers travel by cart.

Top Bottom