Geralt's body

+

Geralt's body

• Yes.

Votes: 115 74.7%
  • No, the one before was better.

Votes: 39 25.3%

• Total voters
That's a bit of a leap, don't you think? We're talking about small modifications to the same base appearance here, not a complete overhaul of the franchise.

I'm not talking about just CDProject, but about the game developers in general. This is a common trend. ;)

The belief that every time a developer tries to please a broader audience he'll end up creating a rubbish product is a bit extreme, and at the very least, these minor changes to appearances isn't where it's at

It's not so much a belief as an attempt to demonstrate one's own superiority by making a pretense of believing such tactics exist and that one sees through them and takes an ethical stand that purports to be above them.

Critic, n. A person who boasts himself hard to please because nobody tries to please him. [Bierce]

---------- Updated at 08:46 AM ----------

I'm not talking about just CDProject, but about the game developers in general. This is a common trend. ;)

Moderator: If it's not specifically about Geralt, then it's off topic here. Cease.

Last edited:
@shawn_kh @slimgrin in continuation of our few posts about his height, I just came across this while reading Blood of Elves (page 304, Orbit publication)

[Myhrman] could not move because his chest was being heavily and mercilessly crushed by a high boot fastened with buckles. The old fraud, squinting and wrinkling up his face, looked up. The boot belonged to a tall man with hair as white as milk.

Nothing specific, but gives some sort of image to the reader.

Didn't yet come across something about the rest of his build (broad or slim). I'll keep my eyes opened.

(Again, I'm not bothered by what liberties CDPR did or did not take in this regard - this is just for the trivia)

In the English Blood of Elves, Triss describes the witchers at Kaer Morhen as having 'lean, muscular' builds. IMO, I think it's probably between tw2 and tw3 for me. But it's no biggy -- I'm pretty happy with CDPR's overall adaptation/extension. It's probably one of the best I've ever seen. I do like how in the Trail opening cinematic that Geralt is taller than Vesemir. It's a detail that I think fits.

Moderator: A moderator direction to cease discussion of a subject as off-topic is not an invitation to dispute that direction. If you wish to dispute a moderator action or direction, do so by PM, or keep silence.

I like Geralt's new muscular physique. He is a mutant after all, and the potions and mutagens he takes are basically steroids. Plus now that there's dismemberment he needs to look like he can cut someone in half.

Now he looks like a real bodybuilder, as his shoulders have become much wider than before. I don't know if it affects reflexes, but I don't like the beefcake of witcher. Geralt must look like an exhausted, lean hound, not a bull.

This is what Geralt should look like in my opinion (bottom pic):

Now he looks like a real bodybuilder, as his shoulders have become much wider than before. I don't know if it affects reflexes, but I don't like the beefcake of witcher. Geralt must look like an exhausted, lean hound, not a bull.

Well it's Geralt of Rivia, not Doyouevenlift of No Gains Land :)

Geralt in The Witcher 3 is without a doubt very sexy. :p I however always pictured him less muscular like Adrian Paul from Highlander: The Series. As for Letho, I think that Sapkowski would have never made a person of such complexion into witcher.

Last edited:
Seriously guys, now you are all exaggerating.

"He is too pretty"
"He looks to healthy"
"He doesn't look pale enough"
"His cheeks are not right"
"He has too much muscle, he is too bulky"
"His hair is not white enough"
"His eyes are not as they were in previous games"

You might as well say you hate everything about his in-game model.

Here is what I think:

Yes, he should look a little paler, especially in the face but also in terms of body. CDPR needs to find a way to make his skin be less effected by the lighting, because that is the main problem IMO. Also, they can make him paler in terms of base color as well. I mean it's not like they have to worry about anything, as far as I know it was confirmed that there will NOT be any visual effects of potions (a real shame) so they could make him as pale as they want, and they should.

Yes, I agree that his beard hair should be a tad bit more white.

On the other hand, they already changed the cheeks of his so IMO it looks good now (if you still think the cheeks are not right imagine him without the beard, because that makes a lot. Seriously, if I look into the mirror with and without a beard and compare I look a lot thinner without a beard), also his scars are more than enough, and seriously his body was always that way, his shoulders were always that wide and his body that muscle-packed and "bulky". In TW2 (and in TW1 even though you couldn't see it there because he always wore clothes) he was the same way.

I mean he is a goddamn Witcher, they take steroids, train hard, then go through extreme mutations. There has to be some muscles, especially considering the reflexes Witchers have, hell their fast-acting muscles fibers need to be DOPE.

Aside from that Geralt is fine IMO.

Make him paler and maybe make his beard a little less black-ish and more white, and then he is fine.

whey protein :)

Top Bottom