Geralt's clunky movement is very detracting to enjoyment.

+

• Total voters

Really this is one of my very few criticisms of the game, but it's such a big one for me. I know it's been talked about elsewhere in places online and probably even here, but the movement for Geralt is so clunky and aggravating. I recently played Inquisition and had no problems with the movement and loved just exploring the landscape as it was easy to traverse. In this game, I almost in a way do not look forward to galloping around on my horse, and looting post battle and trying to navigate around smaller areas in towns is a chore. Going up the steps to the Nilfgaardian Garrison in the first area is like a challenge in itself. I'm clunking into guards and walls along the way and I feel like I have such little control. So Dev's, please consider tweaking this if possible.

What people don't realize is you have a preset bind key for walking and you should use it. CTRL by default. There is also available keybind for auto-run which you can set yourself. Once I realized this I no longer had any problems and it works great.

What people don't realize is you have a preset bind key for walking and you should use it. CTRL by default. There is also available keybind for auto-run which you can set yourself. Once I realized this I no longer had any problems and it works great.

Its just people not checking the Options before diving in the game. I personally checked the options to fix them, then remapped some keys depending on how comfortable they are.

This is a small but annoying issue for me as well. Geralt goes to quickly into a run on the analog stick (PS4 here) it is just much too sensitive it makes exploring like op said smaller areas quite frustrating or looting. Hope its either fixed or given a slider to adjust in options in future patches.

Other than that I am just blown away by this game!

Combat is a HUGE improvement over The Witcher 2. Couldn't have asked for more, well done CD Projekt. Playing at Death March and enjoying it a lot. Movement is also improved although it feels a bit too weighty.

herky jerky in confined areas. Thanks for the walk tip. It sounds like it may be a good out of combat setting.

Top Bottom