Geralt's combat stance - both hands on sword inconsistency

+

wu05

Forum veteran
Hey everyone, I just wanted to report an issue in the next gen version of Witcher 3.

In combat, while fighting multiple opponents, Geralt will now grip his sword with both hands while moving in any direction. When combat goes one versus one after eliminating all other opponents, Geralt will revert to his standard one-handed stance when moving in any direction. This is a really cool change from the old gen version, where as far as I recall Geralt would always have a one-handed stance at all times while in combat.

However, I have noticed an inconsistency where when a saved game is loaded, such as a quicksave, upon entering combat Geralt will no longer hold his sword with both hands but revert back to his old-gen behavior where he holds his sword with his right hand only. This will persist until the entire game is restarted, only then will Geralt have a 2-handed grip while fighting multiple opponents. Perhaps there is a bug somewhere that breaks this feature upon reloading.

I just wanted to bring this to the attention of the devs because I really like this new feature. I had used a mod in the past called "Both hands on sword" that forced this animation, but with the new gen version we can have the best of both worlds without the use of a mod.

Top Bottom