Geralt's Darkest Secret?

+
Geralt's Darkest Secret?

Has anyone noticed an unusual aspect, not only about Geralt but of witchers in general?They all seem to be irresistable to women!Not just Geralt. When you enter a community people shout "A witcher, lock up your women", not "It's Geralt, lock up your women", so this apparently applies to aged Vesemir, arrogant Lambert and even scarred Eskel. Why might this be?Witchers obviously have certain appealing qualities...1) Physical quality including strength, speed, agility and...ahem, stamina.2) Immunity to illness, nothing to worry about there.3) Sterile, yet another concern of most affairs rendered moot.4) Exciting and/or dangerous. We all know bad boys appeal to some.5) Seldom staying long, another useful factor. If a woman is already married she has a brief fun fling and never has to see him again.6) Spendthrift. Witchers appear to have no clue as to the actual value of things, witness Geralt's tantrum in Chapter 1 where he starts to learn the true price paid to everyone except...well, witchers. :-[ They also are BAD at saving, witness the time Geralt gave a diamond :eek: for one afternoon with a clerk.7) While not obvious in the game there are no doubt those cases where a witcher can pretty much have what he wants simply because the community won't allow a jealous husband or worried father anger the only hope against some hideous predatory monster.All would go far to explain the reputation of the witcher and yet it doesn't seem to be enough to explain why women keep throwing themselves at Geralt, nor the reputation of witchers in general, regardless of appearance or age. Be honest, Geralt isn't really that attractive. :hmmm:Triss and Shani make sense, both have lusted for Geralt for years and, given his reported death, are no doubt overwhelmed with feelings that they must not waste this second chance. Vesna also, as you obviously sensed something early on and you did save her life. Possibly Abigail as well, she's obviously a manipulative mynx and there are surely reasons that villagers kept confusing her with the oldest profession, instead of a witch. What about the other peasant and town women who not only offer themselves on extremely short notice but don't or can't even try to resist the witcher, often offering themselves in public with friends and neighbors, if not family, all around them? What about Morenn, tossing dryad custom at the drop of a hat? Nurses, taking time away from dying patients? The elf woman in the cave who goes from slapping your offered charity to sex in the blink of an eye? The Princess, for God's sake?!? :eek:Sometimes you get the impression that they can't resist witchers even if they want to. Perhaps that's why so many women waste no time but ask for a small memento, be it wine, flowers or jewels. Almost as if they know they might as well accept it, perhaps getting a small benefit out of it, and the menfolk seem to give the impression that a woman targeted by a witcher is lost and don't ever get angry at the women about it. ??? That, of course, is blatantly contrary to historical reality where the woman was always at fault for anything involving sex, reproduction, etc which went wrong.The question is whether there is some other, hidden, factor to explain this almost mystical power of the witchers over women.We know that women simply don't seem to resist very hard, if at all, often asking for a token(or more valuable) payment before submitting. Witchers are all supremely confident of their power over women(Geralt generally propositions a target about five seconds after seeing her). That, contrary to the historical record, men do not hold women responsible for this, instead blaming the witchers who, being capable and armed, have little to fear from attack by serf. That custom or law or prior relationships(marriage, engagement) and even a high position in society will not deter the women involved.What could explain this pattern of most peculiar behavior? After consulting the learned scholar and alchemist Kalkenstein I have come to a preliminary hypothesis. The famed mutations which create a witcher leave them at the peak of their physical virility for an extended lifespan. After all Vesemir was effectively Geralt's father and Geralt is easily around 40(or older) yet he remains in exceptional physical condition. This presumably explains why witchers are perpetually in heat. :D At the same time witchers are rendered sterile and one wonders what other biochemical developments may result from this. One possibility is the scientific term φ

well i must disagree with one of your statements! Geralt is HUGELY attractive :)... your description of the poor, hapless, financially illiterate witchers made me laugh out loud ;D

Good post. I agree with (Edit in the light of game widow's post: most) of your theories.
Gibberer said:
What about the other peasant and town women who not only offer themselves on extremely short notice but don't or can't even try to resist the witcher, often offering themselves in public with friends and neighbors, if not family, all around them? What about Morenn, tossing dryad custom at the drop of a hat? Nurses, taking time away from dying patients? The elf woman in the cave who goes from slapping your offered charity to sex in the blink of an eye? The Princess, for God's sake?!? :eek:
Witchers are well known as monster slayers and, despite being regarded as outcasts, they are quite heroic and, I think, something akin to the modern day celebrity. The women may want to boast that they had "Slept with a Witcher!"

This is... :hmmm: ... an interesting disquisition on the higher-than-average sexual activity of a Witcher. As the research about this phenomenon is very poor we just may consider it as possible... though emitting a special substance is a bit devious and may confuse the simple natured townsfolk and peasants of Vizima ;DI think it's sufficient if they just know about the witchman and grant their women the libidinous pleasure of a Witcher.Thoug I really would like to know more details about Vesemir, Lambert and Eskel in this case or is there something special about Geralt? :hmmm:

It is possible that part of Geralt's appeal is that his appearance is significantly different from other humans, and even from other Witchers. Looking at Vesemir, Eskel, or Lambart, aside from being slightly bigger than the average human they would not look out of place in any human community. Geralt, with his white hair and yellow eyes, immediately stands out in a crowd. No woman would ever have seen anyone like him before, which undoubtedly forms part of the reason so many women find their way into bed with him.

A witcher's also produces an odd yet very pleasurable sensation on a woman's skin, as told by Rosalind in the Dandelion's Lute quest. Perhaps many women are drawn to witchers by this rumor and wish to test it on their skin. :)

Well, I guess it's because the witchers are some kind of "different" or "exotic". Women might see them as a kind of trophy or something like that.

Witchers are also known by the general populace to be sterile and immune to disease. So, taking that into account, if you were a woman, found a man attractive, knew he couldn't get you pregnant or give you the clap, wouldn't you give it a shot?

I do wonder why you called it his "Darkest Secret". Dark secrets are supposed to be mysterious and sinister. This secret is something everybody wants-men so that they can score as much as Geralt does, and women so that they can find ways to make men look more like Geralt :p

The Princess, for God's sake?!
Princess Adda is power-hungry and it seems to me that she liked to... command Geralt. I don't think he was her first "slave", nor the last one!
Vesna also, as you obviously sensed something early on and you did save her life.
Vesna, well, she's a collector of nights! I don't think she would missed the opportunity to have some more fun with a passing stranger.
Possibly Abigail as well, she's obviously a manipulative mynx
Yes, for Abigail, it's one word: manipulate.
What about the other peasant and town women who not only offer themselves on extremely short notice but don't or can't even try to resist the witcher, often offering themselves in public with friends and neighbors, if not family, all around them?
Come on, have you seen their husbands? :D
What about Morenn, tossing dryad custom at the drop of a hat?
Hm... i don't know about that. But i can't believe that dryads have sex only when they want a child. So, customs are good, but a healthy mind and body is better. ;)
The elf woman in the cave who goes from slapping your offered charity to sex in the blink of an eye?
This is bizarre, indeed. I mean, not the fact she had sex (it's something that gives you courage in difficult times), but why with him? She didn't like any of her companions around her? :hmmm:

TKaz84 said:
It is possible that part of Geralt's appeal is that his appearance is significantly different from other humans, and even from other Witchers. Looking at Vesemir, Eskel, or Lambart, aside from being slightly bigger than the average human they would not look out of place in any human community. Geralt, with his white hair and yellow eyes, immediately stands out in a crowd. No woman would ever have seen anyone like him before, which undoubtedly forms part of the reason so many women find their way into bed with him.
Yes :angel: But he is also a legend outside of the women's bedrooms. He is known to "the rest of the world" as the White Wolf, an excellent sowrdsman and master of the witcher skills. His foes fear him. Okay... maybe this is an extra sweetener for women to spend a night with the White Wolf.

Gibberer said:
That, of course, is blatantly contrary to historical reality where the woman was always at fault for anything involving sex, reproduction, etc which went wrong.
Having not read the books I could be totally wrong about this, but it seems to me that Geralt actually cares about the women he beds, if only for a little while. Thus anyone who thought about retaliating against a woman who slept with Geralt was probably put off by the fact that he would come back and kick their a%# (see his pro-Abigail speech in Ch. 1)BTW given the subject matter do I have to keep censoring myself? ;D

Further proof of your standard witcher's eerie, possibly unwholesome, power over women:In Chapter Five, playing on the side of the Scoia'tael you meet Toruviel.
She's shocked and outraged that you would even consider sex with the battle raging in the street and, then, literally in the middle of a sentence suddenly submits, not with a great deal of enthusiasm I might say.
"Oh, what the hell. Take off your clothes"​
Since she doesn't strike me as the submissive type, nor does she appear to be lacking in enthusiasm for those things she chooses to do, it strikes me as out of character, perhaps strangely so. Something is definitely going on here, something which isn't even race exclusive but which applies to human and elf females, plus dryads but apparently not dwarf females, although no such creatures appear in the game... :hmmm:Come to think of it, Zoltan mentions a wife or betrothed but it appears he's never allowed Geralt to meet her...Come to think of it, even her voice suddenly changes in that scene, almost as if her will were no longer her own! :eek:

Come to think of it, Zoltan mentions a wife or betrothed but it appears he's never allowed Geralt to meet her...
:D No, you think he would steal his friend's woman? Even if she was a very desirable she-dwarf! :whistle:Eudora (or whatever she's called) is not in Vizima, that's why we don't meet her. She's staying in Mahakam.

Cassandra31EEE said:
Come to think of it, Zoltan mentions a wife or betrothed but it appears he's never allowed Geralt to meet her...
:D No, you think he would steal his friend's woman? Even if she was a very desirable she-dwarf! :whistle:Eudora (or whatever she's called) is not in Vizima, that's why we don't meet her. She's staying in Mahakam.
I'd like to see the card for that. ;D

I believe in one of the quests or possibly the book The Last Wish actually states that Witchers produce a pleasurable sensation whilst caressing a woman's skin so that is probably one reason women can not resist Geralt. Also I'd have to go with the phermone theory. I suspect Witcher's in general and Geralt especially produce an abundant amount of the phermone that attracts men to women and women to men, which is probably another reason women find Geralt so irresistable.And I do beg to differ with your statement that Geralt is not that attractive, I think most of the women here would agree he is very attractive lol Kind of sad having the hots for an animated character eh? lol

Top Bottom