Geralt’s English dubbing!

+
Geralt’s English dubbing!

We know that many of you have been waiting to hear Geralt speaking English. Today is the day. We are very interested in your opinion about our witcher speaking the language of Shakespeare.The samples can be found here [ftp=ftp://ftp.thewitcher.com/eng/thewitcher/extra/voices/geralt_sample_1.zip]1[/ftp], [ftp=ftp://ftp.thewitcher.com/eng/thewitcher/extra/voices/geralt_sample_2.zip]2[/ftp],[ftp=ftp://ftp.thewitcher.com/eng/thewitcher/extra/voices/geralt_sample_3.zip]3[/ftp] Don’t be afraid to express you feelings in the comments.

The voice sounds fitting. Maybe I will play it in english.Better than any of the voices nominated in poll on czech dubber.

Gofer31 said:
On the old website of The Witcher there is russian dub ;/.
There is one problem, the old wersion of website thewitcher.com doesn't egist. But I remember that there were voice sounds on the russian site.

Oh, this will be my first post in the international forum :) Congratulations for Dagon, that he made sure :> Ok ok... English dubbing is now the best, Englishman's can be proud of their dub. Oh, may our was so kind, or better :DGreetings for all users from different countries... 8)

Maegnar said:
Sounds evil enough :)Waiting for russian dub :)
Evil? dint get that LOL got more like he to the point and dose not take any crap form anyone lol that what I got off it I like it ;)

KsandrWarfire said:
Here you may find versions of Geralt's voice in Russian. The final version should be chosen soon.
Yep, the russian guys were really good. I'm playing stalker now and russian language seems more familiar:)English guy is really, really good - I heard other samples and all of them are amazing...

Not impressed but I will reserve major judgment at the moment for the below reasons...1) Geralts voice will always be that of Michał Żebrowski in my head now and always :p2) The voice seems somewhat hollow with those snippets... as though there is no life or passion being given to Geralt...3) I need to hear the "English" voice actor say things like 'route'...On a side note - Will the Polish version come with English subtitles? (my Polish is, rusty, but it makes more sense in the native tongue with the aid of subs :p)Mullet

I think that it is good to understand one thing. Althoug we may not like the voice for some reason.... it is supposed to be nasty and freaky. So one one hand we want Geralt to have a voice which sounds smart, strong and manly. On the other hand that would just not be Geralts voice. The sample shows a voice which is between those two options, thats why I think it is preety good.The greatest voice talent IMO was in the Legacy of Kain series.... but thats a different realm, and that kind of voices wouldn't feat in the Witcher.

I'm registering on the boards just to post this. He sounds AMAZING! Exactly the way I imagine Geralt's voice. He sounds strong, no non-sense but with some clearly sarcastic and disillusioned with life undertones. I seriously think that you guys absolutely nailed it with this actor, whoever he is.

Hmm, he sounds... dangerous, somehow cynic and bitter, and... hmm, you know, suppressed passion just before explosion... thight violin string...definitely great

It seems he has a small North American accent, which I think detracts from the 'authenticity' of the character. Better he speaks English with an Eastern European or British accent.

Krs said:
The greatest voice talent IMO was in the Legacy of Kain series.... but thats a different realm, and that kind of voices wouldn't feat in the Witcher.
I do Agree with you on that 100and 1 % on that best voice talent ever.Now on a side note with the English Voice in ower mind when we read any storys in any book we have ower own idea how the char should sound like and so on.Just somthing to keep in mind ;)

North American accent is a phrase I'm still getting used to. But please no British accents as that would ruin the game. I'd have marry popins stuck in my head.

Mary Poppins would be a North American accent! Dick Van Dyke et al, should be locked up.Sean Bean & Terence Stamp ( Northern English accents ) voiced characters in Oblivion, succesfully I think. But if that is too contentious, then Eastern European then.

Top Bottom