Geralt’s English dubbing!

+
Geralt sound good in English!!! But if you'll know polish, geralt in Polish is Polish Geralt;) The best voice, and Sapkowski's dialogues are amazing... Boxer in III act - Hope of white people... I hope you know that few years ago it was Andrew Golota nickname ;)

This voice is good. Not Perfect but good. I don't know who performed, but the one voice that sent shivers up and down my spine was that of Stephen Russell, who is a voice actor, most known for his voice acting in the Thief game series as the protagonist Garrett. Now that's talent ::)

You should listen to the lame Spanish voice...Indeed I decided to change it to the English dubbing, which is 1 gazillion times better!!

sweet voice. ;D I like it.I play the game in hungarian dub and Geralt's voice is so natural.I want to play in englis dub. :-*

It's a fitting voice, but I noticed the developers used the same sound file for different dialogs. For example, there is a number of instances when Geralt asks "How?!", and it sounds angry and irritated. That same audio file is used for other dialogues, where there is no need for Geralt to raise his voice, so it seems out of place.

At some point, Geralt's english dubbing sounds a little weird, as if someone had turned up the base to max ;DBut besides that, I like the English voice of Geralt, also all the others :)

I have nothing to compare to except other games I own (all english/american english language)--I think the voice acting overall in The Witcher is very good.

The voice dubbing I find really good and acceptable and even though his accent doesnt match the typical southern english type pleb style used for the masses in the game, the witchers in general are from different regions so that shouldnt be an issue anyway. Off topic, I found shani accent to be particulary strange....

I love his voice, raw, a bit of arrogance, business like, a bit cold, like you would expect from a witcher. the no nonsense kind of guy, but still when he talks too a lady, it is a warmer and smooth voice.The only one better fit for the voice would maybe be: Christopher Lambert. He has the most amazing voice ever

Geralts' voice worked with me.I think some of the dialogue got lost in translation (or was poorly translated) though.

I remember one part in particular that I had to change the words in my mind because I couldn't accept the fact that he said that he had a lot of "scabs" on his face and that he would be getting more "scabs" in the coming battles LOL. Surely it was supposed to say SCARS. =P

Hmmm... I think the voice actor was chosen more for the type of his voice and accent, rather than for his capability to convey emotional depth. At some points, you can literally hear the voice actor mumbling to himself and struggling to invoke emotions. And that's the kinda performance you expect to hear at auditions, rehearsals and not in a big budget game. :)

The voice "actor" needs acting lessons. He doesn't sound hard and moody, he sounds bored and uninterested. Geralt's monotonous voice spoilt what was otherwise an excellent game. I've just finished it, by the way, and I loved it.In the new edition of the game, get a voice actor who can actually act.

Top Bottom