Geralt's Face (New Spanish edition of Last Wish)

+
i dont know anything about sight but this is the only reference to face wound which could result in scar.

okay... maybe I express myself too sloppy
There is this fight on Nivellen's courtyard. If Vereena scratches / injures his eye and the fight continues for a while, I think it should be something mentioned... he couldn't see properly because of the injured eye... or... blood from the injured eyes blurred his sight.I mean such a severe injury should effect the following action.But maybe Lyonesse's assumption is right. The translation differs... I'm refering to the german translation.. if it's embezzled there, this is...

eye doesnt have to be hurt, its deeper in the skull after all :p. blood would flood his eye of course but maybe its not mentioned because for such a "geralt" its nothing serious ;).hehe, "dont be such a geralt" ;D ...

I know what you mean, you could be right.talking about Geralt's scars... in the short story "The Witcher" from the "Last Wish" collection, the striga hurts him badly (really bad this time ;D ) at his throat. There is at least one very early CDPR art work of Geralt which depict this scar. It seems for the final version they decided to take it away because he already has one big scar in his face.

or maybe, quite possibly scars only appear after traditional healing. healing with magic leaves no scars. i bet that king's daughter savior was properly treated.

Concerning the witcher's appearance:"What a foul smirk I have, - Geralt thought, reaching out for his sword. - What a foul mug. In what a foul way I screw up my eyes! So that's how I look like! Damn it!"Lo and behold! :p

haha yes but how many of us look in the mirror and cringe, only to be told by others that actually they find us really attractive? *grin*

This picture of the Spanish book is simply awesome! :eek: And, in my opinion, he doesn't look old, he looks no-aged and troubled. And, i have to remind you: Geralt has his years.... ;)Neither the game-Geralt looks like a 20 year old lover. Anyway, i like better this image for the book, than the English copy, which looks so childish.

Spanish cover looks quite nice IMHO. Geralt looks older, than in the game, what suits me, because I've always imagined him as not too handsome 45 year old man. In my imagination, he always have some wrinkles, is very pale and a bit unhuman. Well, he's not a human anymore because of his mutations, isn't he ;) ?
flashintheflesh said:
or maybe, quite possibly scars only appear after traditional healing. healing with magic leaves no scars. i bet that king's daughter savior was properly treated.
Wasn't he treated in Melitele's temple by Nanneke?

yay guys I love those covers!!!! It would be so great to have them all as posters with no text..... ;D Ciri looks exactly as I imagined! ;D

Strangely enough I missed this thread. :-\What can I say about those covers. They are amazing. Of course I imagined Yennefer differently (more womanly) and Jaskier is too old. And I thought Milva to be a little bit more driad. And I imagined Regis with shorter hair. ;D But all in all they're amazing.By the way am I the only one who thinks that Dandelion should be called Jaskier in all version?

Nope you arent the only one, they didnt really need to translate and then totally change the word for the English edition thats for sure - Jaskier is a good name :)

In czech version Jaskier (Dandelion) is called Marigold, which is the best name for him as far as I think ;D ;D there are more differences in languages I think... for example in czech version Triss is not Merigold, but Ranuncul. Ha, guys, what is the polish or english name for Geralts horse??? In czech it is Klepna ;D

In Lithuania Jaskier is called Vėdrynas. About the horses well in the english version it's called Roach but I prefer Kuoja :whistle: :teeth:

PowazofLyria said:
Well downlaod the polish voiceovers and make the subtitles english. That's all. ;)
Hmm that could be something to remember if I ever actually buckle down to learn polish... one way to make it a lot more fun thats for sure!! :D

I love the picture of Yennefer it is almost exactly how I imagined her when reading 'The Last Wish' Also in the book (English version at least) it says: "She had a figure of a twenty year old, although he preferred not to guess her real age". Which could indicate that she is infact a lot older than twenty. Although I just started on 'Blood of Elves' now so I dont know very much about Yennefer, but I am never going to shake this image lolI also agree the Dandelion just doesnt look right, I expected a prettty boy with moronic overtones. :pI am going to have to learn Polish or Spanish though as I am absolutely loving these books and I can't wait 5 years to read the rest of them!

Top Bottom