• Option 1: Sword of Destiny-Version

Votes: 323 52.4%
  • Option 2: Debut-Version

Votes: 68 11.0%
  • Option 3:VGX-Version

Votes: 70 11.4%
  • Option 4:Summer Conference-Version

Votes: 129 20.9%
  • Other (Freel free to post your suggestion)

Votes: 26 4.2%

• Total voters
The Geralt of TW2 was pretty good, current version doesnt look sick and bony enough, however I have nothing against goodlooking facial structure. It's just that if you put all the features together: scars, albinal skin, milky hair, bony jawline and cheekbone, smile lines (im not sure if this is necessary though) the face is unlikely to be goodlooking.
Also the stubble being black kinda bothers me

Option 1, though I'd prefer a more clean shaven Geralt in spite of how badass it looks. I seem to recall his beard bothering him when he went a couple days without shaving in ToC.

Description of Geralt of Rivia: White haired mutant, has glowing snake eyes, has severe scars from fighting monsters and men for a LONG time, drinks highly toxic potions that would kill a normal "good looking" man, has colorless and sick looking skin as a result of the toxins he consumes and the fact that mutations have damaged his nervous system and killed the pigmentation in his hair and skin, he has gotten badly injured and nearly killed several times, he has gotten killed and has come back to life with amnesia, his leg was crushed and he has a slight limp, he is estimated to be around 100 years old or even older, and to top it off he is called the SCABBED FREAK.
Now how good looking can a man with the above description get ? Geralt should look tough, rough, broken, sick of it all, mature, bitter, old, and manly, and he should not be a good looking stallion.
Do you want to turn Geralt into Dante or Nero from Devil May Cry series ? They all have white hair !!!!

As a gamer I'm sick and tired of annoying pretty boys delivering funny one liners and being protagonists of games and movies.
I want mature characters with rough edges and looks and with substance that are a reflection of their life and the situation they're in. characters such as

I hate to see the same thing that happened to Prince of Persia to happen to Geralt.

It almost happened in Witcher 2

The same goes with female characters.

What are you talking about!?
I have been through all the same harsh stuff as Geralt and the ladies still think I'm sexy...
I still get mine. lol...;)

Honestly Option 4 looks the best, right proportions and pale complexion. The rosy/fatter cheeks make him more natural looking loosing his witcher look

I agree that he was never described as ugly in the books, but also never as attractive or handsome.

If I remember correctly, Milva upon first seeing Geralt, thought he was handsome. Sabrina Glevissig & Marti Sodergren also thought he was quite attractive. He is described as having a jaded face though, with eyes that were always cold and calm but held a lot of emotion.

If I remember correctly, Milva upon first seeing Geralt, thought he was handsome. Sabrina Glevissig & Marti Sodergren also thought he was quite attractive. He is described as having a jaded face though, with eyes that were always cold and calm but held a lot of emotion.
Wait, being handsome and being attractive are not necessarily the same thing, especially for men. But I made the mistake in the first place, so the mistake is up to me. I meant handsome or "physically attractive" in a way of having a pleasing facial physiognomy.

And his eyes were definitely not described "to held a lot of emotion". In fact, most people think that Geralt couldn't feel any emotions after all (himself included for the biggest part)...

I guess "rugged good looks" would be the best description for Geralt. I'm mostly fine with the way he looks now, but it sometimes looks like his cheeks are ever so slightly puffy from some angles. I don't know, it might just be the beard or me seeing things, but he seemed to have a "sharper" face in the debut trailer.

Mostly I would just say that his beard or at least his eyebrows should be a little bit lighter, and he'll look just fine.

Well, I don't want to be looking 100 hours a very ugly guy :p

It is shame enough to be looking 100 hours a guy ass... I mean, back.

But yes, we not need him to be beatiful, In fact I don't think him to be beatiful, I think he has precense, charisma.

I'm still not satisfied with his face in general.
There need to be some changes from m perspective, that's for sure.
I agree with @shawn_kh regarding the fact he almost got "ruined" in TW2 as well.

As for the current version, Geralt has a few problems:

• Not pale enough => His face just looks way to natural and healthy, he has to be really pale due to the mutations and toxic long-time effects of potions
  • Pigmented Hair => His hair has to be void of any pigmentation, pure white is the way to go. Especially the (partially) black beard is a real problem
  • The cheeks => Yes, his general face form looks relatively okay. Still, his face should be just a tad bit leaner, a little bit "sharper", like people said here. This also contributes to better convey the "unhealthy" I was talking about

Also, if I had a wish there is one thing I definitely want: Real visual effects when taking potions and reaching certain toxicity levels. I wanted this so bad since TW1, seriously.

Well, I'm glad they did at least change the eyes for now and made them more obvious, it really looks nice. Still, the above mentioned things have to be addressed IMO. Geralt is the most important character of the game, it would be a shame if he would end up looking way too natural, handsome (in terms of a "pretty boy" face) and out-of-lore in the final game.

Yes, Geralt was never ugly. But he was always described as pale, lean, scarred and as a mutant, mainly due to his genetic mutations, excessive use of potions (long time toxicity) and his rough fights with all sorts of monsters. And IMO THIS very fact - that he was not the standard "pretty boy" or "handsome man", that he had scars, was rough around the edges and looked unnaturally pale, that made him attractive for the various women.

So yes, Geralt is not supposed to be ugly, but he is supposed to be a mutant and veteran monster hunter. And his looks are supposed to show that.

Last edited:
Meh. Maybe it's just me but I don't really care about minor differences, like a narrower jaw, but I do think that the whiter facial hair looks better.

And his eyes were definitely not described "to held a lot of emotion". In fact, most people think that Geralt couldn't feel any emotions after all (himself included for the biggest part)...
No disrespect, man but look it up. it's in 'blood of elves' when triss meets geralt at kaer morhen. to be clear though i'm also not a fan of his current look.

I just find it distracting how wildly different he looks depending on the light and angle. In some shots like with the tavern discussion, he looks fine but other times he just looks chubby and goofy.

No disrespect, man but look it up. it's in 'blood of elves' when triss meets geralt at kaer morhen. to be clear though i'm also not a fan of his current look.
1) Triss is secretly in love with Geralt. That should say enough about how SHE sees him...
2) Triss is a sorceress. She has magical ablities and a LOT more experience and skill reading people than normal people.

Just saying... ;)

Top Bottom