• Option 1: Sword of Destiny-Version

Votes: 323 52.4%
  • Option 2: Debut-Version

Votes: 68 11.0%
  • Option 3:VGX-Version

Votes: 70 11.4%
  • Option 4:Summer Conference-Version

Votes: 129 20.9%
  • Other (Freel free to post your suggestion)

Votes: 26 4.2%

• Total voters
Technical fidelity and design are not the same thing. Nobody complains about a better technial fidelity. ;)

So you want to say Lara has just changed in technical fidelity over the games, and not in design, if you look at the picture in the spoiler?

I like your last comment here though. I think it is very much needed to see more scenes and different views to decide if it is really that bad like you say.

So you want to say Lara has just changed in technical fidelity over the games, and not in design, if you look at the picture in the spoiler?
The comparisons is not fair. Between the old and the new Lara are 15 or more years, between Geralt of TW2 and TW3 only 3. Also different developers and engine were involved. And Lara's age changed as well. And before you ask: no, I don't like the design of Lara in the newest Tomb Raider that much... ;)

I like your last comment here though. I think it is very much needed to see more scenes and different views to decide if it is really that bad like you say.
I don't say that "it's that bad". I say it's "ok but could/should still be improved". And yes, we definitely need to see more scenes!

Lara Croft comparison isn´t unfair because of time difference, Lara Croft is "their" character, they created the character they can do with that whatever they want.

Am I the only one who doesn't like the way the new Triss looks? She's a bit to masculine somehow -- her neck is too thick. Her hair is also a bit too red to be natural.

Ahh.. It all comes down to lighting, just like real life. Some of us look better in different lighting, It's all the same model of Geralt and I still like it no matter what.
Hey, lets give thanks for light and all the awesome things in our lives that keep us alive and well. ;)

Last edited:
The comparisons is not fair. Between the old and the new Lara are 15 or more years, between Geralt of TW2 and TW3 only 3. Also different developers and engine were involved. And Lara's age changed as well. And before you ask: no, I don't like the design of Lara in the newest Tomb Raider that much... ;)
For obvious reasons I have not added the newest Tomb Raider, and she is also not on the screenshots. This is a new saga, a new person.
And why are engines an argument that changes of the design are OK?

And why are engines an argument that changes of the design are OK?
Not every engine is capable to display a character in exactly the same manner. And in case of Lara also developers changed and every developer wants to bring in his "own tone" usually. But in general I'm personally against changing the basic design of a character if it isn't necessary (because of technical reasons for example).

@ONLY ONCE
Damn, now I know my problem. I'm one of these super-nerds staying in a dark cellar all day.... :p

Not every engine is capable to display a character in exactly the same manner. And in case of Lara also developers changed and every developer wants to bring in his "own tone" usually. But in general I'm personally against changing the basic design of a character if it isn't necessary (because of technical reasons for example).

I think engines get better over time, right? So if a new engine is not capable to design this old character the same, something is wrong.

So just that I understand you right:
Dos your last sentence mean you thing Geralts basic design has changed from TW2 to TW3? If not, then the changes should be ok.

@ONLY ONCE
Damn, now I know my problem. I'm one of these super-nerds staying in a dark cellar all day.... :p

Moderation is the key baby!! lol:)

he is grey wolf since W2 and Reds said he will be "whity" in the end so finger cross for white wolf

Wish they learned their lesson from the first time they fucked around with Geralt's face, I liked his model from the first trailer (debut I think but VGX has some tweaks), sword of destiny looks "okay".

Top Bottom