• Option 1: Sword of Destiny-Version

Votes: 323 52.4%
  • Option 2: Debut-Version

Votes: 68 11.0%
  • Option 3:VGX-Version

Votes: 70 11.4%
  • Option 4:Summer Conference-Version

Votes: 129 20.9%
  • Other (Freel free to post your suggestion)

Votes: 26 4.2%

• Total voters

Attachments

• Geralt.jpg
    Geralt.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 567
The skin tone could be a result of the lighting. If the room is lit by candles and torches, the light will be more orange/reddish and warmer, compared to the nearly white sunlight outside on a sunny day.

Considering how the characters changed from TW1 to TW2, and that there are only two games so far, you can hardly talk about continuity, but I do understand that aspect at least

As for Vesemir, exibit A

Soggy faced old guy as opposed to

Soggy faced badass old guy

As for Geralt

Animal-like features, looks barely human, just as he should, white hair

Pretty boy with some weird eyes and grey hair

I do not see how the latter is more lore-friendly

Personally, I think that his look in Witcher 3

Is greatly superior to both previous versions

He looks like an aged veteran who has a lot of experience and knows his business, as he should look

And he looks a lot more serious than he did in Witcher 2

Also check out the mod that gives your character a beard in The Witcher 2, he actually looks completely different with the beard, remove it and he looks ten years younger at least

This just doesn't seem like a pressing issue to me, but I will restrain from further posts on the matter, there is no point in discussing tastes

There is only one problem with your point: Geralt does not look like this in the game, he looks like this in the artwork and the figurines, but he does look like THIS in the game:

WAY too pink, too much blood and too much human complexion in his face, he looks too "normal", in some pictures even looks as though he has high blood pressure.

This is how he should look:

(Footage from an earlier build of TW3)

("Acceptable" version of TW2)

(TW1)

____________________________________________________________________________________

I said it once and I say it again, I liked him in TW1, loved him in TW2.

I don't mind his face-shape being handsome, that way the audience likes him more. The trick is - for someone like Geralt, to make him look good on the one hand, and unhealthy/bad on the other hand. A good kind of bad-looking. The badass look, that is what you need for Geralt, the right combination between being a relatively nice basic face (shape, eyes, etc) and then adding the "monster" part in terms of complexion, unhealthy look, cat-eyes and scars, etc.

IMO TW3 version is okay, but his face needs to look a little bit more unhealthy and pale, more like a mutant/monster.
I love that they changed his face proportions and he looks better now, more like in TW2 (at least in that picture posted by @challe232 )

Make the skin tone a little bit paler and I am 100% fine with it. He always had a cool face-shape, but in terms of complexion he still looks too healthy. Look at the half-naked pictures of TW2 of him for inspiration, try to replicate the whiteness/paleness of this version in the new engine.

Last edited:
Geralt´s eyebrows in Witcher 3 seem to be ridiculously dark colored compared to his hair and beard color. Mild darkness in them like in Witcher 1 and 2 is acceptable of course but now our favorite monster slayer seems like he dyed his eyebrows or is not natural albino anymore and dyed his hair.

Also REDs could emphasize a bit Geralt´s mutant features by making his face slightly paler. I am sorry but even slightly red cheeks dont suit Geralt and I even remember from the books Geralt stating that he simply cant blush.
This is my quick personal opinion and now good day to you sirs.
:hai::hatsoff:

Last edited:
Maybe we should make a Petition to make Geralt's face more pale and true to the lore? That might bring CDPR's attention.

If CDPR won't fix it before release, I hope some modders will do it (PC)

I would be fine with such face color as shown below:

Last edited:
Well, I think the face in the newest video is good, even if he's maybe a little to good looking now.. and with the hair I'm ok righ now too.. but the skin tone should be more white - way more white than it's right now.. like he was sunbathing too much on some beaches :)

The main difference with the in game face and some examples is that the outside of nasolabial sulcus has gotten fatter with old age. If that is their point, then how come Vesemir hasn't aged much. Geralts jumped 10 or 15 years in age while Vesemir is more or less the same?

His fat cheeks have consistently bothered me since I've seen them. Maybe they are making an artistic point about Geralt, but then how come while his face has gotten fatter hes also put on 40 pounds of muscle on his body. He used to be lithe, now hes a body builder.

Hopefully mods will let you change the model.

The main difference with the in game face and some examples is that the outside of nasolabial sulcus has gotten fatter with old age. If that is their point, then how come Vesemir hasn't aged much. Geralts jumped 10 or 15 years in age while Vesemir is more or less the same?

His fat cheeks have consistently bothered me since I've seen them. Maybe they are making an artistic point about Geralt, but then how come while his face has gotten fatter hes also put on 40 pounds of muscle on his body. He used to be lithe, now hes a body builder.

Hopefully mods will let you change the model.

IMO his body is okay. They corrected the cheeks a while ago, the face only looks older due to the new engine and the beard and the "bodybuilder body" makes sense, considering he is a genetically modified monster hunter who is non-stop on the road hunting monsters which are double as big as him or even bigger.

The only problem is the skin tone IMO.

What's your point exactly, other than "lighting matters?"

Difference is Aragorn looks "normal" without lighting.
Geralt looks still too "blushing" or "reddish" or "healthy" in the pictures which have low lighting.
And therefore, in those pictures with light shining on his face it looks even more out of place.

Just change the effect lighting has on Geralt and change his default (without lighting) face and make it paler.

Last edited:
What's your point exactly, other than "lighting matters?"
Obviously it's not just "lightining matters", if that was the case nobody would complain about it. From ALL the recent demos/screenshots Geralt looks nothing like in the early screens/art where he's way more pale. Yes lightining does matter, but even with that in mind - he's not pale enough...

I'm glad someone brought this thread up. Geralt CHUBBINESS need to stop CDPR!. Ehm sorry seriously, he's so fat. He can be older but doesn't mean he needs to be fat. Please give him back how he usually look.

IMO his body is okay. They corrected the cheeks a while ago, the face only looks older due to the new engine and the beard and the "bodybuilder body" makes sense, considering he is a genetically modified monster hunter who is non-stop on the road hunting monsters which are double as big as him or even bigger.

I watched the new gameplay from Jan, his inner checks still puff out last i checked. Have a screenshot of the fix? Whether it makes sense or not regarding his body it's quite enough. We could debate that point, but either way his body USED to be a thin swordsman body, now its bulked up. Apparently at one point his thinner body made sense, so why did it change?

In reply to Desu, look at the outside of the nasolabial sulcus (the line that forms from the outside of the nostril around the mouth, which gets more emphasized with age and fat deposits) and see the difference between the current version and witcher 2 for instance.

Last edited:
I don't follow the books and i have the memory of a gold fish so if this was explained already in W1 or W2.
Does becoming a Witcher makes you not able to get tanned , get some color ? What's the source of his paleness is what i'm asking basically.

As for the chubby Geralt , i don't see where you guys are getting that from.
He looked pretty thin in a fit kinda of way when we got to see him get out of the bathtub, if he looks bulky with clothes on it's obviously the armor he is wearing.
Armor plus clothing under it.

Though I deem the last build better than the previous demos in the matter of face fidelity/continuity, I must agree that Geralt still looks just a tad too much healthy or beefier if compared to TW1 and TW2.
About paleness, I must say that I'm perplexed, because in this screenshot he looks paler:

while in other circumstances he looks as pink as the Pink Panther:

Clearly I hope for a paler version of Geralt in the final build, but in a priority scale, I see this issue less important than the polishing of animations in combat, because the weight behind the slashes and a sense of real collision is lacking right now, even if we are far ahead of the clunky animations of the first footages.

His skin tone isn't dark. I have said before that albinism/vitiligo doesn't leave white-white skin or skin patches, merely paler than what we are accustomed to.

The underlying colour of non-pigmented skin is much more variable than with pigmentation ~ with exertion, cold or social anxiety it is often a vivid red, it can also take a dark blue tone in very cold conditions without exertion. A very pale colour is really an exception rather than the norm.

The photograph used for my avatar is from a person with vitiligo, with no pigmentation in their face or visible extremities, and balanced with a photographic target for their correct skin tone (under the conditions the shot was taken). No adjustment made except to replace their hair with a redrawn equivalent in "white" ~ they have brunet hair with some depigmented streaks, and to add "Geralt" scar and eye adjustments.

Top Bottom