• Option 1: Sword of Destiny-Version

Votes: 323 52.4%
  • Option 2: Debut-Version

Votes: 68 11.0%
  • Option 3:VGX-Version

Votes: 70 11.4%
  • Option 4:Summer Conference-Version

Votes: 129 20.9%
  • Other (Freel free to post your suggestion)

Votes: 26 4.2%

• Total voters
OMG.. Not this again! lol.. only 4 more months of Geralt's to fat, Geralt's not pale enough ;)
I don't see anything wrong, things have only gotten better in every way.
It might just be your monitor/tv bro, or just turn the color down if you're still hot happy with it.
You can't really judge fair, until you play it at home yourself :)

I don't think people are going to be satisfied until he looks something like this;

In fairness, I still think the "Killing Monsters" Geralt, looks the most predatory, and badass, personally. But be happy, he very much could have ended up looking like;

Attachments

• 1408711-997904_20100616_screen018.jpg
    1408711-997904_20100616_screen018.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 101
  • gollum.jpg
    gollum.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Regardless of which we prefer (I like the lithe, alien look of pre-rendered Geralt in Witcher 1), which is the most true-to-lore of Geralt's appearances?

The "debut gameplay trailer" face was much better and more badass IMO.Generally:
Debut gameplay>Sword of destiny>the latest one>"Johny" one

The most lore-friendly is the one that is the most pale.
The lore describes his inability to blush and his paleness, it describes him looking like a freak and it describes the animal-like features. It describes that his hair has lost all pigmentation (being completely white).

The lore describes his inability to blush and his paleness, it describes him looking like a freak and it describes the animal-like features. It describes that his hair has lost all pigmentation (being completely white).

Wonder why they decided later to distance themselves from that.

Guys you are talking like he has not a single line of pink skin. :p

Geralt's pale complexion doesn't mean he has a skin white as milk. He can't blush, but he can still "become pale" in the books, which usually happen when he is strongly worried or he is not feeling well.

We only think about skin color, what about greyish hair? More importantly dark grey beard and nearly black eyebrows? They share the same lack of pigmentation right?

I'm thinking; pure white hair is one thing but pure white beard would definitely not look right in game's render, eyebrows'd look even worse. Maybe they made the choice for him to look more humane because of this or simply to appeal for da "wider audience". But I'm 75% satisfied with the look and I'm not much concerned by it, maybe I'm in the wider audience :p

Tho If this could be made to look just the same in the game's render, I'd be 100% satisfied.
http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/29300000/Geralt-the-witcher-29331479-1280-1024.jpg
(even in this pic the roots of facial hair is not white, it would be too weird, maybe that's why Geralt didn't let it grow pre-witcher1)

Geralt's hair are way too dark-grey and his face sometimes looks too purple (he shouldn't even look purple in the first place...) - as if he was drinking vodka for days.

True, but remember also that in the books Geralt could sometimes go among folk unnoticed quite long and be recognized as a witcher only when someone deliberately exposed him.
In Batism of Fire Geralt traveled for days in Zoltan´s caravan and the dwarf learned wItcher´s true identity only because Dandelion told him by accident. Also in the same book when Geralt and Dandelion were captured by Cintran-Temerian army, Dandelion lied to commander that Geralt was only his minstrel colleague. It seemed that the commander would have happily bought that lie when he looked at them both if only the marshal who knew Geralt wouldnt have arrived at the worst possible time to expose him.

I think all that indicates that Geralt even with all his paleness and cat-eyes is not supposed to be so unnatural-looking that many people couldnt still easily mistake him for a human. And the matter of Geralt´s face being true to the lore in Witcher 3 right now...... I personally think that CD Project is at least 80% in the right direction already and improvements are now only matter of small adjustments.

In Witcher 1 he looked more slavic to me. Higher cheek bones and and not so wide jaw. In Witcher 3 he looks in contrast more Germanic to me. Especially because of his wide jaw. He nearly has a square face now and probably could also easily pass as a viking.;)
Personally I find him now more attractive, but Witcher 1 is probably more fitting lore wise.

True, but remember also that in the books Geralt could sometimes go among folk unnoticed quite long and be recognized as a witcher only when someone deliberately exposed him.
In Batism of Fire Geralt traveled for days in Zoltan´s caravan and the dwarf learned wItcher´s true identity only because Dandelion told him by accident. Also in the same book when Geralt and Dandelion were captured by Cintran-Temerian army, Dandelion lied to commander that Geralt was only his minstrel colleague. It seemed that the commander would have happily bought that lie when he looked at them both if only the marshal who knew Geralt wouldnt have arrived at the worst possible time to expose him.

I think all that indicates that Geralt even with all his paleness and cat-eyes is not supposed to be so unnatural-looking that many people couldnt still easily mistake him for a human. And the matter of Geralt´s face being true to the lore in Witcher 3 right now...... I personally think that CD Project is at least 80% in the right direction already and improvements are now only matter of small adjustments.

On the other hand you have people spitting in front of his feet and calling him a freak, so apparently other people realise he is a Witcher.
The lore is contradictory here.

Okay, I admit he does not have to be dead pale, but the way he looks in strong lighting, especially torch and candle lighting, it looks like he has high blood pressure and a sun-burn. Also, the way he looks without the lighting is IMO still a tad bit too human.

Yes, there are "humans" that look the same, like people who have pigmentation problem or very pale skin due their genes, or people in cold regions, that is probably why Geralt would not be immediately detected in such cases, but even for such a person he looks a little bit too pink-ish in the face IMO

The latter one all the way.

Top Bottom