Geralt's look... always updated with new appearances

+
Unkreativ said:
Why not? we could play Geralt as anyone we liked in TW1, even a female.
Just funny with that deep voice, but sure a show to see. XD[/QUOTE]Yes, the deep voice was funny.I like the fun art in your link, did you do them?

Ok artistically, despite the new technology that supposedly went into it, the new Geralt looks too average and simply unremarkable. He doesn't look anything like the old one! Plus this new one is too young, no where near being a veteran. He simply looks like a sissy boy that would have trouble wielding a candle let alone a sword.Bad move!Unfortunately my friends and I have lost interest over this little technicality and wont be buying it. Yes there are people finicky enough to make purchase decisions based on simple things like this. Good luck to the rest though...

Guest 2005166

fchopin said:
I like the fun art in your link, did you do them?
I at least hope it's fun! I'm usually working as an illustrator for children books. ^-^

I don't understand something. In the leaked video we saw some months ago, there was the old good Geralt, lightly changed. And that was good. I remember saying that they 're gonna make a game in the old style but way better.Why can't they use that model?

Lairythian said:
Ok artistically, despite the new technology that supposedly went into it, the new Geralt looks too average and simply unremarkable. He doesn't look anything like the old one! Plus this new one is too young, no where near being a veteran. He simply looks like a sissy boy that would have trouble wielding a candle let alone a sword.Bad move!Unfortunately my friends and I have lost interest over this little technicality and wont be buying it. Yes there are people finicky enough to make purchase decisions based on simple things like this. Good luck to the rest though...
Please don’t give up on the game yet, i don’t think it’s decided how Geralt will look so there is hope that the developers will change their mind.

I would never dismiss hours of gameplay awesomeness only because I don't "like" the look of the character. When I first saw material of TW1 I thought: ugly models in ugly world doing clunky combat. But then I saw it in motion (not trailers) on a real PC without any talking heads or rows of fanboy-riddled comments and I fell in love with the game/story/atmosphere/world. If ppl get so riled up with Geralt's look (it's just like you change actors in ....eg the Bond franchise) I don't think they ever have been a real fan of the game, just somebody fixated on surface and shallow looks claiming it will somehow dilute the quality of the game/story itself. It's funny because I think for exactly those customers most of the new features in TW2 have been done in mind: e.g. the fashion generator and swordcrafting.

e-ahmet said:
e-ahmet said:
There won't be such a mod. Ever.
Why?
In order to for the developers to manipulate Geralt's facial geometry (for speech, expressions, etc) they have to build a bone rig specifically designed for that face. This rig is then animated using either mo-cap data or keyframing. The bone rig, animation set, and geometry must then be integrated into the engine using their developer tools. Ignoring all the fine-tuning/troubleshooting involved, a modder seeking to change Geralt's face would first need to make the new face, then build the bone rig, animate the face, and then integrate all that data into the engine. Considering the extensive amount of work and expensive software this would require, many modders will surely be dissuaded from pursuing such a venture. Of course, it's always possible that CDPR might someday release their developer tools for the community. At this point an enterprising member of the community with access to software and considerable expertise might make the effort to change Geralt, but that's doubtful.Hope this helps.

Guest 2005166

Cassandra31EEE said:
I don't understand something. In the leaked video we saw some months ago, there was the old good Geralt, lightly changed. And that was good. I remember saying that they 're gonna make a game in the old style but way better.Why can't they use that model?
Maybe a speculation, but since the leaked presentation was obviously done with the old engine, I could imagine, this model also was specified for the old TW engine - I mean polygon-wise - perhaps! (the revamped aurora didn't do so bad, did it?) It possibly was just one of a lot of earlier concepts - don't forget there also was the console version in the making, so it could come out of there.I'm sure someone else can answer this one a wee bitty better than old me.

mothra said:
I would never dismiss hours of gameplay awesomeness only because I don't "like" the look of the character.
So you'd be fine with playing a Geralt modeled after Goofy? Are you serious?

Cassandra31EEE said:
Why can't they use that model?
Cause it'd look ridicously old in comparison to other models. This model was only a slightly improved model from TW1.By the way - first leaked video (the one with dragon) was running on Aurora. Let me quote from my FAQ:
LEAK #1 (the one with dragon and military camp)• It was created in May - June 2009 and presented an early alpha version• Movie is tech demo prepared for publishers. That’s why it showed only some of the changes in game’s technological side, basing mostly on models/animations/engine from TW1.• The dragon is going to have as huge significance and be as unique as in Sapkowski’s books• On the movie we can see Zyvik, soldier of Kaedwen’s army. As he is person from the Saga, we can use it (Saga) to guess, that camp’s localization is near to Kaedwen’s border.• Movie does not come from game's story-line
I now suppose that the part about "not coming from game's story-line" might turn out to be false. :)

Guest 2005166

Demut said:
Demut said:
I would never dismiss hours of gameplay awesomeness only because I don't "like" the look of the character.
So you'd be fine with playing a Geralt modeled after Goofy? Are you serious?
Are you serious he looks like "Goofy"? Come on...

Guys, theres important info! The look of Geralt isn't final. Current version isn't approved by the project lead as final, and bunch of devs is still working on it (and will do so till next year!).The body and face of Geralt will be much more 'anatomical' - his face will look more like living person etc. Please mind, we're several months before the launch, and we won't stop developing and fixing the game till the last moment possible! Have no fear.Thank you for all your feedback!

thanks for the heads up. Most already know, but now and then I feel obliged to dismiss exaggerated claims that the game is going to be bad soley based on the look of the new Geralt model. Why ppl get so attached to the look of the TW1 model I don't know, I think it's "unhealthy" and prevents any objective judgement once we get more info. Up until then all is speculation - even my claim that Geralt won't look bad :) - and constantly rattling with the chain won't do us any good. We have to get through until next YEAR !!!!I'd rather have heated discussions about the RPG-ing and Story-ing but this is something we won't get any info on in the next time.

@Unkreativ and Szypek26Yes, you are right. Thank you. I forgot that the leaked video was with the old graphic engine. Silly old me...@Alek_Thank you for the information. It's always nice to have news of the game. I hope our new Geralt will be an eye candy, eh? :)

Guest 2005166

mothra said:
thanks for the heads up. Most already know, but now and then I feel obliged to dismiss exaggerated claims that the game is going to be bad soley based on the look of the new Geralt model. Why ppl get so attached to the look of the TW1 model I don't know, I think it's "unhealthy" and prevents any objective judgement once we get more info. Up until then all is speculation - even my claim that Geralt won't look bad :) - and constantly rattling with the chain won't do us any good. We have to get through until next YEAR !!!!
Yep, thank you. I have hopes this message will stop the constant wailing.Another nice thing for sure would be an image of the character's developement - but I suppose this is a bit much asked. (possibly that's underlying your company's secrecy, right?)
I'd rather have heated discussions about the RPG-ing and Story-ing but this is something we won't get any info on in the next time.
Well, we could guess and who's idea is close to the storyline wins a cookie. (In shape of a witcher medallion)

Alek said:
Guys, theres important info! The look of Geralt isn't final. Current version isn't approved by the project lead as final, and bunch of devs is still working on it (and will do so till next year!).The body and face of Geralt will be much more 'anatomical' - his face will look more like living person etc. Please mind, we're several months before the launch, and we won't stop developing and fixing the game till the last moment possible! Have no fear.Thank you for all your feedback!
Thank you for the info but we need to see a few sketches or images of the improvements you have made to Geralt.Why are you keeping the changes you have made for Geralt a secret? We are not asking for any spoilers, just to see the improvements made for Geralt, is that too much to ask for?

Unkreativ said:
I didn't say that. But you stated that you would play it despite his looks. So as a consequence of that you wouldn't be bothered by playing a Goofy-like Geralt, now would you?
Unkreativ said:
and constantly rattling with the chain won't do us any good.
Yeah, because they can't even change it anymore. It still sucks and if we want to express our displeasure we are free to do so. We don't ask you to complain as well either, now do we? If you are happy with the looks, good for you. We are not.And Alek, what the fuck are you talking about? You guys said yourself that there will only be minor changes. Bigger changes can't be made due to that stupid engine. So what exactly was new about your post?

well, isn't that a little like a fight against windmills ? You will only hurt yourself and grow more bitter. and yeah, you are exaggerating, my reply does not imply that I would like just ANY model, be it goofy or ... whatever. just saying that I won't judge a book by its cover.

mothra said:
whatever. just saying that I won't judge a book by its cover.
We are not judging a book by its cover, we are judging it by what they showed us inside the book.

Guest 2005166

Demut said:
Demut said:
I didn't say that. But you stated that you would play it despite his looks. So as a consequence of that you wouldn't be bothered by playing a Goofy-like Geralt, now would you?
I did not state anything, Mr. Grumpy. Slowly this starts to get more and more ridiculous.
And Alek, what the fuck are you talking about? You guys said yourself that there will only be minor changes. Bigger changes can't be made due to that stupid engine. So what exactly was new about your post?
What was this word again... ah! Manners! First of all - I'm sure due to some NDA the devs cannot spill the beans completely. Secondly, you can do pretty much with the right textures.

Top Bottom