Geralt's look... always updated with new appearances

+
Allow me to share an idea. Some players have expressed their opinion in forums, reviews and so forth, that one aspect lacking in TW1 was the character customization. On the other hand, some players have also expressed their desire to choose Geralt's hairstyle. So, my suggestion is: pick some characteristics from each concept, and allow the players to make their own concept. So, one could have good ol' first game Geralt with the two swords crossing on his back, or the old'un with a new sword layout, or even a "new" Geralt minus the ponytail. Minor changes that don't really alter the gameplay, but don't leave the customization lovers without things to play around with.

mothra said:
and yeah, you are exaggerating, my reply does not imply that I would like just ANY model, be it goofy or ... whatever.
mothra said:
I would never dismiss hours of gameplay awesomeness only because I don't "like" the look of the character.
Err ... yes, it does? You see, the keyword here is "never". Which includes the case of a Goofy-Geralt. You exaggerated, so I exaggerated as well to show you that you did because apparently you think (now hopefully thought) otherwise.Ah, right, I mixed you up, Unkreativ. Sorry about that. But speaking of manners, why did you intervene in the first place? Do you do that in your everyday-life as well? Bursting in people's conversations unsolicitedly?Oh yeah and I think it is kinda rude telling you one thing on one day, crushing your hopes and then saying something entirely else the other day, getting your hopes up once more. Am I the only one feeling fucked with?

eh just for fun how about a facial hair mechanic, since there is a day and night cycle in the game already, if you don't shave for several days you'll grow a beard

Demut said:
Demut said:
and yeah, you are exaggerating, my reply does not imply that I would like just ANY model, be it goofy or ... whatever.
Demut said:
I would never dismiss hours of gameplay awesomeness only because I don't "like" the look of the character.
Err ... yes, it does? You see, the keyword here is "never". Which includes the case of a Goofy-Geralt. You exaggerated, so I exaggerated as well to show you that you did because apparently you think (now hopefully thought) otherwise.Ah, right, I mixed you up, Unkreativ. Sorry about that. But speaking of manners, why did you intervene in the first place? Do you do that in your everyday-life as well? Bursting in people's conversations unsolicitedly?Oh yeah and I think it is kinda rude telling you one thing on one day, crushing your hopes and then saying something entirely else the other day, getting your hopes up once more. Am I the only one feeling fucked with?
OK, i would never dismiss a game if I don't "like" the character BUTI would dismiss a game where the developer obviously wants to have fun on my expense and mock me by putting in a goofy model actively sabotaging his own project, reputation and income which is highly unlikely and unheard of in the history of gaming. even on the 1st of April.

mothra said:
I would dismiss a game where the developer obviously wants to have fun on my expense and mock me by putting in a goofy model actively sabotaging his own project, reputation and income
Derp, every single game with character customization.

mothra said:
I would never dismiss hours of gameplay awesomeness only because I don't "like" the look of the character...
I admit, the decision to dismiss TW2 has "everything" to do with the looks of the character, despite any fun of the game play which I would add, for some, is only derived through the main character as the focal point. The character's appearance is as much the game play as the game it self. The two are one in the same, and if you change the focal point then you change the game.Imagine this, most people grow up with one set of parents, one mother, one father and they each have their own individual faces or appearance. Imagine while growing up if, for some reason or another, the faces or your parents and their voices too changed to something viewed entirely different and strange to you. Imagine the impact that would have upon you as a child growing up. It would be akin to being placed into some foster home with strangers.All the love and affection in the world would not be sufficient to what the child is accustom to, which is the normal appearance and voices of his or her parents. This is not to equate Geralt as someones parent, but only the same familiarity and trust placed into a familiar face and voice. Like the child with estranged parents, some people will feel that their world has simply changed and regardless of the intention or the reasons behind it, that change is unwelcome and unwanted. So yes for these people, the game is based upon the looks and sounds of the hero remaining the same, otherwise it's an entirely different game from the original.
mothra said:
If ppl get so riled up with Geralt's look (it's just like you change actors in ....eg the Bond franchise) I don't think they ever have been a real fan of the game, just somebody fixated on surface and shallow looks claiming it will somehow dilute the quality of the game/story itself...
I have to say I've never been a "Bond" fan, although I did like the original Bond films when the character was portrayed by Sean Connery, but then I'm old fashioned and prefer the original mold or cast to most things in life any ways. Rarely have I seen any sequel to a film and felt it was equal to the original, although some have achieved that goal in my mind they are still few in number.

For me, the looks doesn't bother me at all (except Geralts ponytail needs to be lower IMHO), because EVERYONE looks different, especially Zoltan, he looks really old. As for the sound, I want the original voice actors.

Ritly said:
For me, the looks doesn't bother me at all (except Geralts ponytail needs to be lower IMHO), because EVERYONE looks different, especially Zoltan, he looks really old. As for the sound, I want the original voice actors.
You do realize that this seems incredibly ridiculous? Why won't you accept new voice actors if EVERYONE sounds different :> ?
Ritly said:
it's just like you change actors in ....eg the Bond franchise
Implying that a movie is a good choice for a comparison with a video game.

Demut, I don't mean to be rude, man... But do you have anything constructive you wish to add? For someone who complains about "bursting in people's conversations unsolicitedly", which is an altogether fallacious statement seeing as this is an Internet forum, you seem to do that a lot.

Geralt 's New Look looks totally cool. The 1st was also very good but it doesn't really bother me much if CD didn't change his look. I wish I had a good looking face like him. Damn and woman, too.

rangarkash said:
Demut, I don't mean to be rude, man... But do you have anything constructive you wish to add? For someone who complains about "bursting in people's conversations unsolicitedly", which is an altogether fallacious statement seeing as this is an Internet forum, you seem to do that a lot.
I do and I did. Have you even read this whole thread?And come on, there's a difference between said "bursting in people's conversations" (which implies that there are two users talking about something) and people randomly uttering their opinions which, as you correctly stated, can be commented on by other people in an Internet forum such as this one. What was pretty much what I did.You might think otherwise but I don't care. That's the point of view I adopted over the years I've spent online, deal with it.

Mastercheat001 said:
Geralt 's New Look looks totally cool. The 1st was also very good but it doesn't really bother me much if CD didn't change his look. I wish I had a good looking face like him. Damn and woman, too.
You're [moderator]unwise, dear sir[/moderator], just like the developer that had the idea of changing the faces in the first place. Best regards

Demut said:
Demut said:
I do and I did. Have you even read this whole thread?And come on, there's a difference between said "bursting in people's conversations" (which implies that there are two users talking about something) and people randomly uttering their opinions which, as you correctly stated, can be commented on by other people in an Internet forum such as this one. What was pretty much what I did.You might think otherwise but I don't care. That's the point of view I adopted over the years I've spent online, deal with it.
Gentlemen, please.... calm down you all ^_^ We already know what's the general opinion about our new Geralt and Triss. I think we can discuss of this if we all take it easy. And the Devs already told us they're considering our opinion. The game is not finalized yet, remember? There's still time for change. And also, remember that there's a controversy inside the Devs team about Geralt's look.

Good heavens...it's been a while since I've been on the forums and I never thought this thread would get so long. Lots of complaining going on about a character whose back of the head you stare at most of the game. I concur with all of those who say "the game isn't finalized" and "be patient for the final product." Until then, I think the devs have heard enough opinions on this matter (44 pages....really....?) to make an informed decision about face changes. Red made the best game ever IMO, I think I'll trust them to make another.

secondchildren said:
The game is not finalized yet, remember? There's still time for change.
They can't alter the facial bone structure anymore, remember? There won't be such changes. So whatever the final outcome might be, it won't look like the Geralt we have known so far. And seemingly several folks won't be satisfied with that.Though I agree that basically everything has been already said in this discussion. The thread could be closed but if we were to do that a lot of other topics had to be closed for the same reason. Well, I guess that's how boards work. People either don't read all pages or do so and post the same things nevertheless.And a happy "tehohoho" to the moderator who "censored" some of the users' comments.I was merely repeating know facts since a big share of the posters aren't aware of them (e.g. finality of the model's facial bone structure).

Orochi82 said:
Devs, could you please use Geralt old look ?? The new one isn't as cool as the old one. Thanks.
[moderator][MOD]You have been warned Be for about language [/moderator]That's the kind people I am talking about!

CommanderKeen said:
Lots of complaining going on about a character whose back of the head you stare at most of the game.
You see his face during the dialogs and since it's an RPG most probably long ones.

Top Bottom