Geralt's look... always updated with new appearances

+
StanleySmith said:
Sorry, but Geralt looks like he was 16. Like a kid. :mad:Perhaps some kids will buy it - but this is not second witcher - this is a mix of Fable and Gothic. For kids.
True - in the game footage. But here he looks fine: http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/189/geralt.jpgAnd as Blooddragon said the in game Gerald isn't the finished version... it'll hopefully look closer to the image in the end.

I don´t like the new look a bit. I understand that Geralt now has ponytail, any swordsman will tell you it´s better to have hair like that- it isn´t in your way and it don´t go into your eyes, which is important in sword fighting. But he looked WAAAY better in first Game. Witcher was the first game, where I really like this non simple thing (from developers point of view), yet beautifull - his long hair actually moving and swaying in the aiir! That is something most developers woudn´t even bother to do, since it´s bit difficult to make and make it look realistic at the same time. Please, developers change his face (and his hair too) so it would look like in first game. Body is looking good as it is. ;)

Stratego said:
Honestly what i miss is that beautiful pale red hair of Triss Merigold!
I was sort of hoping they would change the color of her hair to "Chestnut" as it is described in the novels. There's some artwork floating around that shows her with the chestnut colored hair. All in all, I love her new look, though a bit too young looking given her age in the novels. Also, I hope her voice is just a place-holder. I like her old voice better.

Hi All, Just 2 things I have on my mind today,Quotes By Riojoyce:" But after rewatching the trailers again and again, I must admit that the new face grows on me........ " " I totally agree with the part that as long as Geralt as a character stays true to form, I will grow to like the banner pic. IMO, that it the worst thing anyone could say, Every game I have, ( With exception to Assassins' Creed 1 ) it did not have to GROW on me to like it, I think you should examine these quotes a little more carefully, because if you have to GROW to like something or View it many times for it to grow on you then honestly you don't reallly like it and your talking yourself into something, just to follow the masses, so to speak. I'm from Canada, and I have never heard of Andrzej Sapowski, or the Witcher series, movies, books or comics. Until I seen TW1 at my local EB Games I picked it up and LOVED it immediately, there was no way around it. And because I had such a wonderful experience with TW1 I am now trying to obtain everthing I can find here, and will buy it from overseas if I have to. TW1 left me wanting more..... There was no feeling of it having to GROW on me, IT WAS AWESOME RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX. Cheers! Robert

Hey you might get your wish, as i understand the announced release date is first of march 2011. The hair could be modified, and faces aged to look "maturish".

evmiller said:
All in all, I love her new look, though a bit too young looking given her age in the novels.
Sorceresses can look any age they want. And even though people know that, I'm sure people find it a lot easier to underestimate young-looking sorceresses than ones that look older. Even aside from vanity, I can see where sorceresses might want to look young.

evmiller said:
evmiller said:
Honestly what i miss is that beautiful pale red hair of Triss Merigold!
I was sort of hoping they would change the color of her hair to "Chestnut" as it is described in the novels. There's some artwork floating around that shows her with the chestnut colored hair. All in all, I love her new look, though a bit too young looking given her age in the novels. Also, I hope her voice is just a place-holder. I like her old voice better.
Women tend to color their hair :whistle: soceresses are no exception. I find Triss' current haircolor an idea too reddish.

Just watched the trailer, and must add to the NAY's I DONT like his new look, nor his voice, I understand that actors might become more expensive, but after several million copies sold I would imagine its just pennies/cents on the overall price on each game. However the change in the face is awful. Give us back the face of a half human, outdoor living, rough and ready Witcher, the man I have read about and befriended in the book and the first game. Not the Hollywood actor who has spent a fortune on liposuction, botox and enhancements

I didn't like tanned Geralt so I made this ;D.
Needs more wrinkles and scars though. I'm sure the developers will make sure Geralt looks like himself again. There are so many things you can do today with shaders and texture materials that changing something this small won't be an issue really.

Мне не понравилось новое лицо Геральта. Причёска ещё ничего, но лицо... Так нельзя. Ведь не сделал же он пластическую операцию!В первой части он некий сурово-галантный воин с лицом сокола. А тот, кого я увидел в новом трейлере больше похож на какого-то Квазимоду с расплющеным носом... Нововведения вводить нужно в геймплэй, а не в написанную и нарисованную историю.Большая просьба к разработчикам: Не портите Геральту старый Фэйс!P.S. Прилагаю машинный перевод.P.P.S. Привыкнуть конечно можно ко всему..., но нужно ли вам чтоб 1 700 000 (А может и больше) игроков грустили по этому поводу?I did not like the new face of Geralt. Styling still nothing but a face... so you cannot. After all, did he plastic surgery!In the first part of it some severely-gallant warrior with Falcon. And someone whom I saw in the new trailer looks more like a Kvazimoda with mauled nose ... Innovation need in gameplay, but not in written and drawn by history.Please developers: don't break the Geralt old Face, and players nerves!P.S. I attach a machine translation.P.P.S. Of course you can to get used to everything ... but do you need to 1 700 000 (and maybe more) players sad about this?

nmemonic said:
Let me start, personally i find Geralts new look to "boyish" and "clean". He has lost his masculinity and 'bad-ass-ness" for lack of a better word.I really do prefer the old Geralt, and if anything, i actually thought he would look even more rugged, rough and weather-beaten. Instead now he passes of as more of a Hollywood leading Actor to me...
You take the words right out of my mouth. That's pretty much what I thought when I first saw his face. It really does look like they tried to suit Geralt's face to a Western ideal if that's what you could call it. I definitely prefer the old Geralt. About the voice, I don't really care since it's OK, I guess. If possible they should try to align with the Polish voice of TW1.

You can count one more vote on the W1 look.One of the things I liked is how Geralt looked like a Polish guy, not some general American Cowboy like this "plastic surgeried" new one.

Also I don't like very much the new face of Geralt, I was captured by his old face and now i can't immage one different. :(

This is starting to feel like judging book by it's cover. You know it's great story behind it, but you don't buy it, because picture is lame :) Our witcher covers were indeed lamest possible out there, and I'm afraid to even think what mistake I would've did if I suddenly decided, that I liked old-type of special-for-this-book covers...It's still Geralt behind that... tan. And they said they'll fix the texture of skin, so he might just look better. And I do like the fact that he indeed is more proportional now. Plus, after that RED given comment, I'm really for this, if only it helps to improve the game, some facial features can be given up (specially when he still has a nose, mouth, two eyes, two ears, scars, white hair and two swords to swing)

Blackwood said:
This is starting to feel like judging book by it's cover. You know it's great story behind it, but you don't buy it, because picture is lame :) Our witcher covers were indeed lamest possible out there, and I'm afraid to even think what mistake I would've did if I suddenly decided, that I liked old-type of special-for-this-book covers...It's still Geralt behind that... tan. And they said they'll fix the texture of skin, so he might just look better. And I do like the fact that he indeed is more proportional now. Plus, after that RED given comment, I'm really for this, if only it helps to improve the game, some facial features can be given up (specially when he still has a nose, mouth, two eyes, two ears, scars, white hair and two swords to swing)
Blackwood, I like very much your mood :DI agree and after looking so many times both the trailers and the screenshots, I'm getting in love with this new style :)I'm confident that CDP won't betray our expectations

Top Bottom