Geralt's look... always updated with new appearances

+
People might be waxing nostalgic here, cause the new face is by no means bad, just different. Also, lets grant that the character models in the new game (random villagers etc.) are WAY better than those in W1. Some, like the dwarfs, were just laughable.

Blackwood said:
This is starting to feel like judging book by it's cover.
This has nothing to do with judging a book by its cover.This is a character that we played in the first witcher game so we expect the character to look very similar and even better with today’s technology.

fchopin said:
This is a character that we played in the first witcher game so we expect the character to look very similar and even better with today’s technology.
Exactly. Geralt's look in The Witcher had a strong characterization, which added a lot to the overall character. And this new Geralt reminds me of a JRPG character.

Geralt's appearance has already been explained to be just an alpha skin.. hopefully they will change much more by the final release :)Triss on the other hand.... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: what an improvement since TW1 ;D

Triss looks like a sugardoll. Not that I remember how she looked in the books (it's years since I have read the books :D), but I prefered here more mature look of The Witcher.

Powaz said:
but I prefered here more mature look of The Witcher.
are you SURE?

so you'd rather have more static old face, than more expresions on new one, even if it's kinda different? Beside the tan and eyes, what's the meanest difference there is? His nose looks better, not as strangely tiny, lips now remind less of a drowner and hair... well, beside the fact that hair line on forehead is maybe bit too round, looks less than those of a slightly-hair-loosing-man.I agree with Secondchildren here, after watching trailers few more times, I like this new Geralt. In either way they will fix what's wrong in it, just keep the good proportions..And I never liked Triss in eitherway... :teeth: (I prefer Shani, or Yennefer it if it a must-be-a-mage)

Blackwood said:
so you'd rather have more static old face, than more expresions on new one, even if it's kinda different?
No they could easily make the old like looking Geralt with better facial expressions. Moreover Geralt doesn't show his emotion to just anyone, he's a witcher and people believe they don't have emotions. One more point for the old model. This alpha model will change so it doesn't really matter, hope it changes for the good
Blackwood said:
are you SURE?
From this artwork she looks more like Kate Winslet

they said that they couldn't because Geralt looks strange, and wrong-made beside "new faces", and they also pointed out, that it takes lots of time for such massive changes, and they're always short on it, and I believe that I'm not the only one who would rather have different face, than wait till TW2 comes out on 2012 :)Emotions of this Geralt was made for this Geralts face, I doubt it's so easy to re-do them on the old face, and I doubt that indeed we would like the result of this pretty new Triss and old GeraltEmotions... I used a wrong word, maybe expresions would've suit better. As even if he "has no emotions", he should be able to have facial expresions, shouldn't he?

Blackwood said:
Emotions... I used a wrong word, maybe expresions would've suit better. As even if he "has no emotions", he should be able to have facial expresions, shouldn't he?
Sure, but he shouldn't look too stupid, my main problems are the eyes. I rather see them reuse this model.

Hi Powaz, I referred to this pic as well in another post of mine, and although it doesn't look exactly like our TW1 Geralt I could actually like this Geralt in TW2 because I think of it terms of this is a reasonable look for him if he desided that he wasen't going to pump chemicals into his body anymore ( How is that going to be possible for a witcher ) so this is his cleaned up/sober self. It seems to be a toss up for the new Geralt as to age, some say younger some say older. I lean towards that they made him look older, like his big brother. And seeing how TW2 is supposed to take place right after TW1 I can't see how the designers even thought they could pull that look off if that is indeed the case, has he gone through some time warp in TW2. On another note about Triss, you have to be carefull when you use Artist renditions as conparision, as she looked nothing like that in the trailer. Always did like red hair though Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! :angel: And lastly, I find it interesting that we're all talking about Geralt, and I suppose that is the premise of the thread but, what about the other charcaters? After we get more info and source material ( 3d Models ) on them, are we going to be having these conversations multiple times? I think about this interms of a hockey team, yes this player or that one is getting paid millions because he is good but in reality it is a team effort in the end, no-one could do it alone. it is when everything comes together as one that makes it all work. Cheers! Robert

Don't know, call me a blasphemer, but I don't even see the HUGE difference anymore. If they will fix skin texture, new Geralt will look perfectly fine in Witchers roleTo add, more I look, more I like new one, as if you compare them, you can see what RED's meant by "just a badly made model".Not that I don't like old Geralt, I simply think, that new one is good too, better, as required.

Blackwood said:
they said that they couldn't because Geralt looks strange, and wrong-made beside "new faces", and they also pointed out, that it takes lots of time for such massive changes,
For someone that is supposed to be wrongly made and with thousands of people which seem to love the wrongly made witcher character maybe they should rethink what they consider wrongly made to be.

Exactly, I mean what is perfect? Nature does all kinds of things, all folks look different and TW Geralt had something iconic, something special, dumping that because it's not perfect enough for model designers who seek perfection and changing it for some generic looking face isn't really logical, is it?

okay, so maybe they are wrong about Geralt's wrongness, but we had a great game to play, eh? They're trustworthy at what they do, so why not let them give us new Geralt, with another awesome story?I see no actuall reason to attach oneself to one face, when the second doesn't look THAT much different :)They explained why they did it, I believe we could at least try to understand it, in the end, they're doing their best to please us, look how many things they actually made into this new game, of what we actually asked, when we were still in TW1 Powaz - there's a difference between generic looking face and same face that was turned more realistic. Look at those pictures I glued up, Geralt's head still looks somewhat square, he still has yellow-cat-like eyes, white hair, nose with tip "looking down", cheek bones sticking out, scar, frowned eyebrows, rough jaw. The difference is, that second Geralt looks more realistic, don't you want your hero to step one step closer to reality? You can say that Lara Croft was iconic too, something special, with her unrealistic body and lips through half of her face, but she's changed in every game and I'm not experiancing any discomfort with it.

Blackwood said:
(...)You can say that Lara Croft was iconic too, something special, with her unrealistic body and lips though half of her face, but she's changed in every game and I'm not experiancing any discomfort with it.
Haha, good point :beer:But realise that no one is looking onto her face, man :) Nobody noticed it was changed because of more polygons on her boobs.

m6a6t6i said:
But realise that no one is looking onto her face, man :) Nobody noticed it was changed because of more polygons on her boobs.
In other words her breasts are iconic, not her face :DI think that the Geralt in leaked video was looking perfect, wel'll see how itll turn out in the end.I still remember the uproar in the Gothic community when we learned that PB dropped the ponytail of nameless. ;D

Powaz said:
I still remember the uproar in the Gothic community when we learned that PB dropped the ponytail of nameless. ;D
Yes, here is the other way around. :DEDIT: I wasn't speaking for myself. I like ponytails, in general. :D

Top Bottom