Geralt's look... always updated with new appearances

+
IllusiveSpatula said:
Everyone, please refer to a few pages back. The Geralt we saw in the trailer isn't the final Geralt. CDPR are still tweaking the textures and they are aspiring to achieve a look like the picture below.
I don't like the Geralt in the trailer and the Geralt from Gamespot banner. My above comments was about the Gamespot banner Geralt.
IllusiveSpatula said:
Looks good! By the way Geralt doean`t have a child. I also don`t think that he looked merciful in the first games, he just acted that way and some people associate that with the old face!
Alvin isn't his child but he acted as his father. He looks like a hardcore criminal. Maybe in the 2. game he will be a criminal I don't know. Maybe he's supposed to be that way but you can't expect him to say something in the tone of "Come on Strawberry". Oh, Strawberry... I felt sorry for that poor thing.

Sorry guys, I thought you were talking about the trailer. If you don't like the banner...well, there may be a bit of a problem if that's the look they're going for. :pI don't mind the banner look. I just hope he doesn't have that pout/grimace during the entire game. ;D

I read somewhere CDPR will give us a choice with Geralt's hairstyle... so people who dislike his ponytail will have options. :p

It's really not all that different from this. He's just got a nastier scar and needs a shave.
Don't think I'd want that guy playing daddy to a kid either, but methinks they were going for the darker, grim "freak" that makes children cry and cats hiss when he passes through town. Just because he looks scary, doesn't mean you can't play him as a softie should you choose to. :beer:

fchopin said:
That is whole point, we don’t like the picture in your post, it is not Geralt but a stranger.
Yup yup.
fchopin said:
One of the things I liked is how Geralt looked like a Polish guy, not some general American Cowboy like this "plastic surgeried" new one.
Word. Though I doubt there is a certain look among Polish guys xD

nmemonic said:
2ND UPDATE 29/3/10 : FELLAS PLEASE REALISE BEFORE YOU VENT YOUR FRUSTRATION REGARDING THE TRAILER, THAT THIS ARTICLE HAS GROWN AND BEEN ADDRESSED VERY FAR, SINCE WE FIRST CHANCED UPON THE TRAILER. FOR THOSE ABOUT TO POST, THIS IS THE LATEST STATUS :GERALT FROM THE TRAILER, IS JUST A EARLY BUILD! THE DEVELOPERS HAVE ADDRESSED OUR CORCERNS AND FROM DISCUSSIONS, THE FOLLOWING PICTURE IS MORE TOWARD WHAT THEY ARE GEARING GERALT TO LOOK LIKESo for those about to post, while it is an incredible task to ask you to browse through all the pages in the thread to keep up-to-date with the discussions, at least take this update as a consideration of where to discussion has led to. This is to avoid any unnecessary continously repetitive comments on an outdated point of the discussion. Thank you fellas for reading this before posting.
-----------------------------------------------------ORIGINAL POST:--------------------------------------------------
....just trying to help....

Demut said:
Demut said:
....just trying to help....
You really don't get it, do you? I even wrote it in my previous post.WE DON'T LIKE THE NEW GERALT. NEITHER ONE!:O
Dont need to mock him. While you wrote it in your previous post, countless others come in and yell that they hate the trailer geralt (the initial one) and demand changes. My first post is to inform those folks. Your opinion is based on the new Geralt, so its ok. Both of you are in the right lol. Hes just helping me quote so that the newcomers might see that update which a lot of them do not know about. In this situation, i dont think his quote was aimed at you.

I mean what the heck? What would they wanna change his face? Remember the trailer for The Rise Of The White Wolf? There it looked like the original Geralt. What made them change their mind?

Demut said:
I mean what the heck? What would they wanna change his face? Remember the trailer for The Rise Of The White Wolf? There it looked like the original Geralt. What made them change their mind?
They changed the graphic engine aswell as graphic style and in comparision to other characters they said that Geralt face looked unsymmetrical and unnatural. Here one of the REDs explain why Geralt looks like that at the moment (google translate recommended :p ) http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=28195.msg5396591#msg5396591 http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=28265.msg5399187#msg5399187 It's almost a year till release of the final product and they already had tons of complains about Geralt's face from international and Polish forums so quit your yapping guys and wait for the final product then we will see. Besides on unofficial FAQ on Polish forums you can find a line that says :Geralt's face,gesticulation and mimic is far from how it will look like in the game P.S. Personaly I don't have any objections about his face as long as he keeps his character.

ZoltanChivay said:
They said that Geralt looked strange compared to other characters, but THE GERALT is the main character. Who cares how will Foltest look compared to Geralt.
Yeah but when people will actually see Geralt in game they would be saying :"What the hell is this ? He looks so out of the place like some kind of freak"" Oh god they can't even make a proper model I got tired of the old Geralt""Geralt looks definetly weird compared to others.His chin, his body etc. the immersion will surely suffer" I hope CDP RED don't spend a lot of time on the forum reading posts of the others beacuse people never know what they want, I hope they just do evrything their way .

Pluum said:
Pluum said:
They said that Geralt looked strange compared to other characters, but THE GERALT is the main character. Who cares how will Foltest look compared to Geralt.
Yeah but when people will actually see Geralt in game they would be saying :"What the hell is this ? He looks so out of the place like some kind of freak"" Oh god they can't even make a proper model I got tired of the old Geralt""Geralt looks definetly weird compared to others.His chin, his body etc. the immersion will surely suffer" I hope CDP RED don't spend a lot of time on the forum reading posts of the others beacuse people never know what they want, I hope they just do evrything their way .
Exactly. Just look at the Arcania discussion board! People there have been bashing the game for months and now that a stunning promotion video was posted everyboby is up in arms. I have faith that they will make the The Witcher 2 the best possible game. As long as they keep the OTS view (both when walking and fighting as an option), the moral choices, interseting and diverse game play and visually stunning fighting (with attacks that hit several enemies as an option for weaker opponents)!

Pluum said:
Pluum said:
Well, I guess you dont got it.My point was that other characters and locations have to adapt to Geralt, why change Geralt ?

Considering all the wirtten criticism here, I want to highlight that the few video material we got so far was really incredible. Especially beause it was just a 60 % developed alpha-version...Red´s, you got a vision and you will do it ! I´ve played the old Geralt and I will play the new Geralt, too.And this picture is on my desktop till you give me a new one:http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2010/081/reviews/975399_20100323_790screen001.jpg

Maybe at the current stage of game development iti's not possible anymore to adapt environment and characters to the old character model?I think of this:
Blooddragon said:
Nevertheless, you rightly point out in your comments that Geralt looks too young, has too shallow scars, too few of them and too flat texture - WE’LL FIX THAT! The texture of the face definitely needs to be fixed and will definitely make Geralt look differently. We’ll probably mess with the eyes as well. However, the proportion of the face, its structure will probably stay the same - we won’t come back to the old proportion both for technical reasons (ready facial expression system is done based on this head) as well as for time limitations (each iteration of Geralt’s head takes a lot of time, which is always too short).
Blooddragon also pointed out we haven't seen the final Geralt model yet.

ZoltanChivay said:
My point was that other characters and locations have to adapt to Geralt, why change Geralt ?
That's the question to one of devs i guess. Maybe they changed him beacuse of the different engine, or they made models for evryone else and left Geralt last, or maybe Beacuse they didin't expected such a huge reaction about his new look ? i certainly wouldn't. When i saw him on the trailer i noticed that he looked a bit different but as long as he has albino hairs, cat eyes and scars on his face it's Geralt to me. Don't mind if he's 2 kg heavier ot his chin is 2 cm thicker, he is not the one that I intend to molest :teeth:And again release will be in Q1 2011 and they said that they will work a bit on his face so what's the point in constant complaining. :peace:

I think that the new model is even better than the old one. Stop crying around just because you don;t know what you want. I only hope to make more scars on his face :)

Pluum said:
people never know what they want, I hope they just do evrything their way .
Generalizations! Way to go, mate. We, the customers don't have the right to say what we want. Suuure ...

Top Bottom