Geralt's look... always updated with new appearances

+
The old Geralt is better.CDPR, it looks like someone in marketing decided that gamers wanted a more generic, younger action hero.Don't listen to them. Make him older,wiser, and a little girzzled-- like the real Geralt, like the first concept art image in the first post. If you don't, and you go with Mr. T-for-Teen Action Hero face, I'll have to wait for the 'real Geralt skin' that will inevitably be made before I can play. :)As for Triss...well, it looks like she's gotten younger, too. Is that intentional? This isn't a prequel, is it?

@JezdamayelAhem... well... there's a specific thread for what you're talking about... not because it's wrong if you write this here...but you know: something is better if said among us-girls ...
Btw, I agree with your concerning about Geralt. Though I prefer choosing videogames mostly for their backgrounds and environment. And since I'm a nerdish girl and gamer, I usually prefer heroines and don't care of male characters sexiness....Well not that I dislike it, of course. I mean... I've a long list of male videogame's protagonists that I would like to meet personally..... (!!!!coughKratoscoughGeraltcoughcough!!!....).Hence, anytime I play a RPG I choose a female character..... you know it's identification syndrome or something like that :mumbling:Enough! it's pretty off topic now
.....EDIT: stupid forum bugs in images X-( ENDEDIT

there is a thread just for "this"? i had no idea i am so sorry. i just assumed that this would be the only thread. thank you so much for giving me the link i will go there now. i only play heroines if they are cool. all the "ladies" in games now a days make me wonder if there will ever be a awesome female lead.*coughrunbymencough*. anyway thank you again i am off to that thread.

jezdamayel said:
there is a thread just for "this"? i had no idea i am so sorry. i just assumed that this would be the only thread. thank you so much for giving me the link i will go there now. i only play heroines if they are cool. all the "ladies" in games now a days make me wonder if there will ever be a awesome female lead.*coughrunbymencough*. anyway thank you again i am off to that thread.
Oh no. It's me. I must beg your pardon, you're misunderstanding me :) my fault, sorry!!!THIS is the right post for new Geralt's opinions and complaints. The one I've linked it's just a chatting chamber for girls :Dcheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx3RkflcaE0Stumbled across this trailer of Flash's FCR mod. Think it brings out the qualities of ol' Geralt's look quite well.

Ok, you acknowledge…
Blooddragon said:
It’s understandable that no one likes things they got attached to being changed - that’s a fact, that’s why the new face woke up so many emotions. Let me give you a short clarification though :)
Please... with all due respect, I understand that I am just one of your customers buying your product, however I must voice my opinion here in that I’m not in favor of any changes to Geralt; or if it’s inevitable, due to technical changes or modifications to the core mechanics of the game, than it should be minimized as much as humanly possible.
Blooddragon said:
“Since the times of TW1 we got experienced and got more skills, we can make more realistic faces which have proper proportion and human features”. “We also have incredible concept artists whose creations are way better than the ones from TW1”.
This is my point in case; all I’ve seen effort wise are new concepts; which appear to take place without regard to the original template. Geralt; by your own accounts of his history, is not a typical human, nor does he have typical human features. He is a mutant, unique, special and very much the focal point of the saga. As the key character, every effort should be made to enhance his original features and proportions with new technology, but not alter and make drastic changes that embrace a completely new concept. By doing so you are re-inventing the wheel or fixing that which is perceived as not being broken in the first place.The most important features to be maintained should be those which are the most identifiable with the character for both appearance and voice. Ergo, his proportions of his head and face as well as his voice should for the most part be true to the original. Meaning, adapt the new technology to work with the old regarding lip syncing and facial expressions and as for his voice, every effort should be made to keep this the same as well. Speaking for the English version voice actor; he should continue as Geralt’s voice. In regard to those who have stated their displeasure to his voice acting in past articles and reviews, I would have to speak in his defense and say that those reviews truly are in response to the lines of dialogue or script that he was provided. As for his performance, some have stated it felt contrived or struggled for. I would have to say that I agree, but that’s not to say that he lacks any acting ability but speaks loudly to it. For Geralt’s character; as stated before, is not a typical human, he is a mutant and unique in that regard, I would put forth that the character “Geralt” would at times struggle with dialogue, which reveals his inner turmoil dealing with any social life or those things which he feels alienated or distant from due to his history and upbringing.

Lairythian said:
I reinforce this statement and supplement awesome art:
Letting such a great character design go to waste when you have the technology to almost fully recreate is... like what's happening to the PoP series. You don't want to be like the PoP series.

Thoric said:
Thoric, that 3rd picture is truly awesome!It captures everything that's identifiable about TW1 Geralt. That should be their template, not some new concept.They should keep his proportions the same and apply the new tech to it, and don't reinvent what's already perfect!The devs and art guys want to make Geralt more realistic, how about adding realism via:
  • Scalable textures, High Definition and under
  • Moving flowing hair
  • Make his eyes have an unearthly glow when using his powers
  • Better range of facial expression to capture the subtleties of his emotion, however slight
  • Add the ability to shave once in a while to show off that five o'clock shadow (facial hair) a bit later in the day
  • Add sweat beading up upon his forehead or running down his face
  • Perhaps an overall wet look when appropriate, like running around in the rain
  • New scars via game play to show off as trophies for defeating the last big boss
.Bottom lines is, that there are many possibilities that don't have to include re-inventing Geralt.

Initially I hate this Geralt's new look but now, after some weeks, I believe this new look can be good as the other before.

I don't like the new look AT ALL. Why change perfection? Couldn't they just enhance the original design? (Like Bioware did with ME2, new facial gestures, feelings, sweat, scars, HD textures etc?) As for the voice actor... The original one was PERFECT. Use him again, PLEASE!

Just chiming in, I like the Old Geralt, I didn't feel his face was "wrong/out" compared to other models. The look fit the character, he looked quite cunning and wise to me. I can understand wanting to make the face proportions fit with the other human models, but the underlying look/bone structure/features worked great imo.Also of note, regarding "heavy" armor. Plate armour isn't that "heavy." In fact, wearing plate is actually easier on you then chainmail, as the weight of plate is put more evenly over your body whereas with chain it's all resting on your shoulders and makes it top heavy. People in plate armour could easily get up, mount their horse, do a cartwheel even if they felt like it. It's a myth that it was so heavy people couldn't get up in it/mount their own horse or any such nonsense.

Errr ... Stiler? If you wear a belt the chain mail's weight gets distributed evenly, too.And why do you guys want his eyes to glow? You only the back of his head most of them time xD

Poeple in a (full) plate armour could do a cartwheel (or sth like that?) O.O But a witcher has to do more than a cartwheel. His great advantage is his quickness and agility. Even if they could do that it takes lots energy, strength and endurance.

Most important trait of a witcher is his speed and unmatched reflexes. That's why they prefer light and durable equipment. Raven's Armor for instance. I think what seems to give that heavy look on new witcher's armor is its collar. Maybe if it didn't have so high a collar it wouldn't seem that heavy or possesive :p I don't know.

According to the developers we can play Geralt in the nude if we like so i don't think it matters if some people would like to use plate armour or whatever they like.I am more interested in having the real Geralt back as we remember him with the same voice.

Kodaemon said:
Since the collar was mentioned:
:D:D Jesus...Where do you get these stuff from? You should get a Jester badge. I'll give an oren when karma system allows me to. What's with the fat jaw though? It looks horrible.

Thanks :DI shopped it myself :)The jaw is not my fault, Geralt's face is straight from the trailer, I just took the most unflattering shot I could find :phttp://img412.imageshack.us/img412/2213/47938082.jpg Also, if you look hard enough, you can kinda notice it's Dandelion at the DJ table in the background ;)http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/5100/dandelionface.jpg

Top Bottom