Geralt's look... always updated with new appearances

+
Demut said:
Demut said:
Devs, could you please use Geralt old look ?? The new one isn't as cool as the old one. Thanks.
Urrrrrgh, f[moderator] *********[/moderator] read the [moderator]**********[/moderator] thread for [moderator]**********[/moderator] sake! Or at least the motherfucking sticky!That's the kind people I am talking about!
If there's one thing of yours that I like, Demut, it's your addiction to this matter :). It means you really loved Geralt and TW computer game.@Orochi82: this is what I meant when I say: express your opinion in a "pleasant manner" (whatever wrong it is in grammar......sorry, I'm not english native languaged :p)

Who the frack is this Geralt, wanna-be, impostor in TW2 anyways???POSER!!!It certainly doesn't look like a any normal, or otherwise epic sorta heterosexual, sword wielding bad-ass to me.In fact it looks like the opposite!It must be a joke!

I did and do, secondchildren. And fchopin, it is just sooo annoying to hear the same thing again and again if it could be helped by simply reading the frickin' thread.
Demut said:
[moderator][MOD]You have been warned Be for about language [/moderator]
I still don't give a flying DUCK. Listen up, I don't know which moderator edited this so maybe I'm repeating myself but I'll tell you one thing: Your censorship in this board is DUCKING retarded as all users are above 18. And if I am not directly insulting someone with those words, why exactly would you ban them? They are DUCKING words for DUCK'S sake. Grow the DUCK up, will you? Or listen to some Lewis Black, sheesh.And do something about this stupid thread title! I already addressed the guy who started it but apparently he is blind, deaf and mentally challenged. So I'd like you to shorten it (since it is stupid anyway). You can't click on the "Last Reply" button because it is so absurdly long./Self-Censorship

my personal opinion for what it`s worth if the devs were going to reconstruct Geralt then why didn`t they get him as close as possible to the ingame cutscenes from TW 1. I think if they had done that then there wouldn`t be such a fuss about it

Demut said:
And fchopin, it is just sooo annoying to hear the same thing again and again if it could be helped by simply reading the frickin' thread.
Orichi82 is a new member with only one post under his or her name and posted for the old Geralt, i don't see anything to get upset about.I wish there was another thousand posts like Orichi82's even if they were for the new Geralt. If people don't post what they like then it's a waist of time coming on these forums.

Demut said:
I don't know which moderator edited this so maybe I'm repeating myself but I'll tell you one thing: Your censorship in this board is DUCKING retarded as all users are above 18.
You can see who edited the post on the bottom right corner of the post box.Being mature isn't about swearing, in fact it's quite the opposite. You can see the level of under 18 users on battle.net in-game chats. This forum will not fall to this level..

Edk said:
When will we see the new, corrected Geralt's face? I look forward to it.
Me too.I hope the Devs got the idea that TW1 Gerald looked manly and proper dressed for a witcher.

In regards to Geralt's TW1 appearance, somebody please remind the devs of the saying... "if aint broke, don't fix it"!

@Demut It was I who edit your post and you have been warned before about language I myself ask not to.And we are more then in ow er right to edit post Stuff like that may fly in other forums but not here if you don't like how we do things here there the door

ShivaSi said:
ShivaSi said:
When will we see the new, corrected Geralt's face? I look forward to it.
Me too.I hope the Devs got the idea that TW1 Gerald looked manly and proper dressed for a witcher.
The recent CDPR press release says:
"After all, we’re producing the game for players, and more than anyone else, players need to be happy with what we make. I can promise that we will address many of the comments and concerns we heard expressed at E3, and we’ll do so very shortly, namely, at GamesCom. Among other things, we’ll provide a close look at the new version of Geralt’s face, proving that he is the same character as in the first installment” Adam Badowski, Project Lead on The Witcher 2 at CD Projekt RED
The GamesCom takes place in Cologne, Germany from 18-22 Aug.

Flash said:
Being mature isn't about swearing, in fact it's quite the opposite.
Well, that's not true either. Just because you swear you aren't immature. On the other hand, who ever said that swearing makes you mature? I sure as heck did not.
Flash said:
And we are more then in ow er right to edit post
Did I say you don't have the right to? Oh and by the way, why did you edit secondchildren's post?
Flash said:
I wish there was another thousand posts like Orichi82's even if they were for the new Geralt.
You wish there were another thousand posts blatantly asking the same questions OVER AND OVER again even though they have already been addressed? Do you have a spam-fetish or something like that?
Flash said:
If people don't post what they like then it's a waist of time coming on these forums.
It's also a waste of time if you ask something that has been answered. What's the point of a post like that one? What good does it do?

I'm not going to play on words with you. This is your final warning. You'll either change your attitude or be banned. End of discussion.

One remark on the thread's topic which is "Voice and share your opinions" (located in General Discussion forum):Even though there is a statement from the devs users can add their opinion about Geralt's look. When there is no participation in this topic it means the players don't care. When poeple voice and share their opinion it's in the nature of things that we read arguments again. This is not a troubleshooting thread where you get an answer to solve an issue and then the case is finished. This case here is finished when we play the game with the final Geralt.

Ahem... so if we have done with this... uhm..."appropriate forum behaviour's rules"I want to spare my few cents on the topic.Plz, remind that this's my personal opinion (for what it's worth) and I DO NOT mean to shut any witcher fans' mouth with my statement.I simply want to give something to consider, due to the large number of disagreement about new Geralt's face.I simply like the new Geralt's look for this few reasons:1- I know that we all loved the first version of Geralt, but we cannot pretend it remains the same with a brand new game. In our field (I mean in my job ) it's what we called "restyling".We cannot also pretend to have a "universal" Geralt, right? Basing on the description Sapkowski's made in the books, a reader worked on his\her own Geralt's look, depending on his\her imagination. If you come and visit our The Witcher DamNation fanart's group, you'll have an idea of what I'm talking about. CDP gave us its own version of Geralt, whatever closer it is to ours or not. In my personal opinion, CDP's Geralt is different to "my own Geralt I painted in my mind after reading the book". It's simply a different rendering of the hero, very appropriate for the videogame's series in my opinion. Also consider the actor they choose as Geralt in "The Hexer" movie: can we say that Michal Zebrowski is the best version of him? it simply fits the movie, nothing more.2- I remember the first time that I fell in love with the game, in 2007. When I bought it and played CDP didn't delude me at all, indeed they overcame my expectation.It was not only because of Geralt's look (that I personally didn't know before the game got released) but mostly because of the story, the environment, the backgrounds so realistic and well depicted, the music, the dark gothic atmosphere and so on. It is exactly what I expect in a game, a sort of "fairy tale" to be enchanted by, something absolutly credible. That's what I also expect from the second game and the why I'll buy it, whatever the final face of Geralt will be.Or we can pretend CDP will give us a sort of "create your own hero" engine, like the one in DAO and Oblivion. Because this is the only way we can create our own personal Geralt, the one who perfectly fits our imagination.Okay, I'm done with this stupid lesson. You're free to insult me :Dcheers

This is regarding the original post by devs at the beginning of this thread. In the quoted Blood Dragon's post, it is mentioned that they have tried to give Geralt a more human looking face using new technology in texture, graphics etc. instead of the previous blocky face.Ok, I agree that the in game face was blocky and out of shape in the first witcher game (by new standards) but what about the OPENING AND CLOSING CINEMATIC? (Emphasis. Not shouting).When I looked at that blocky in game face, I didn't see the blocky face but saw the guy who was in the opening and closing cinematic. And that is a very very human looking face (except for the yellow eyes of course :) ) In fact the average looks was exactly why I was bale to connect with the character. That is a guy who has "Don't mess with me" written all over him. With the new technology in Textures and graphics, I am sure you can create that face, which was in the cinematic. That way we will have the old witcher with whom most of us have connected as a character and he will also not be blocky.Thanks for reading

Apprentice79 said:
Ok, I agree that the in game face was blocky and out of shape in the first witcher game (by new standards) but what about the OPENING AND CLOSING CINEMATIC? (Emphasis. Not shouting).
This was what i was trying to say in my previous post and i agree with you 100% a don`t mess with me or suffer the consequences witcher

Recently, I played and finished No One Lives Forever (Game of the Year Edition) (2000) I heard it was a Sierra production and it brought a new breath to the FPS games..anyways I played it, liked it very much. The game takes place in 60's spies world. You play as a British intelligence agency's operative. She is actually Scottish and an ex-cat burglar. The protagonist was modeled after the very real Mitzi Martin, a model and actress and was voiced by Kit Harris. Now to why did I bother you with so much irrelevant stuff; However I realized in the sequel, they both re-modeled her and there was another actress voiced her. The game looked intriguing though I couldn't give myself to play it at all. When the W2 comes out, I'll look for the demo first and see if I can bear with the new Geralt, assuming they won't work on his looks anymore.

Top Bottom