Geralt's look... always updated with new appearances

+
slimgrin said:
slimgrin said:
47 pages in a topic about a character's looks.People really are shallow.
Welcome to human nature. Looks matter, to everyone.
Plus, the looks are the one thing that they've announced that they're changing. If they'd said that they were going to give Geralt's personality a drastic overhaul, there'd be an even bigger clamor. But they're keeping his personality, as far as we know. People have also asked, begged, and demanded to have the same voice actor play Geralt in English, but since we don't know anything about the voice acting yet, there isn't as much scope for comment there. People are talking about the looks because the visuals are the one thing that's been released.

And... no further details on other feature are revealed yet. I'm sure if we know how combat exactly works it's a topic which counts 47 pages pretty soon (or many threads about various combat questions).Other hot topics would be... how does the alchemy system work or... crafting items / create your individual item :eek:btwdid you all notice? Dandelion's look has changed as well *whistle* :-D

PetraSilie said:
And... no further details on other feature are revealed yet. I'm sure if we know how combat exactly works it's a topic which counts 47 pages pretty soon (or many threads about various combat questions).Other hot topics would be... how does the alchemy system work or... crafting items / create your individual item :eek:
OMG, I hope it won't happen :-/
btwdid you all notice? Dandelion's look has changed as well *whistle* :-D
I do. I like him.I like new Zoltan and Triss too and especially....Iorweth

Demut said:
Demut said:
The haircut is the only difference.
What are you trying to achieve with this comment? Annoying people?
He meant that his haircut is different of when he used to be, as an obvious difference. I like his new haircut, but I don't like how they changed his jaw and made him look like an American idol. Polish peeps aren't Americans !

PetraSilie said:
Yes, but I didn't care for him or Zoltan much unlike Geralt and I think they look better than the first game. However, I don't agree with Tannosuke's Geralt's new jaw comment. American idol? No. I think he has a fatty jaw. At least it looks like that in this screeny:
About Triss, I liked her light colored eyes and freckled face better in the first game :)

e-ahmet said:
e-ahmet said:
Yes, but I didn't care for him or Zoltan much
I also don't care much for Zoltan's appearance in the second game. I thought he had that weird haircut in the first game because he'd been caught by a band of racists. I thought that Geralt rescued him in time to keep his beard from being cut off but not in time to keep them from butchering his hair. But I guess butchered hair is just supposed to be the Zoltan look. :)Oh, well. I love Zoltan, and it doesn't matter what he looks like. I hope they get the same voice actor for him (in English); I thought that voice actor did an amazingly wonderful job in giving Zoltan personality.

secondchildren said:
Uncorrect. I've checked. His face perfectly fits the golden ratio as taught by Leonardo da Vinci.
Your point? Just because it fits the golden ratio that doesn't mean it necessarily fits everyone's taste. In his opinion they could still be „too close together“.For example, have you seen the pictures of what a perfect belle would look like? I found them unappealing nevertheless.

Demut said:
Demut said:
Uncorrect. I've checked. His face perfectly fits the golden ratio as taught by Leonardo da Vinci.
Your point? Just because it fits the golden ratio that doesn't mean it necessarily fits everyone's taste. In his opinion they could still be „too close together“.For example, have you seen the pictures of what a perfect belle would look like? I found them unappealing nevertheless.
Are you sure you want to know the answer ;-)?

Corylea said:
Corylea said:
Corylea said:
It's the eyes, I'm telling you. Geralt's eyes are too close together.
Is there an artist in the house? :)
Three years at an art academy and basically a lifetime of drawing and painting. But that certainly doesn't make me an expert. I'm pretty sure secondchildren was just teasing, lol. :) The more I look at the two faces, I'm beginning to regret they changed Geralt so much. It's not that the new face is terrible, and I know its a work in progress. But he looks downright feral in the first game, barely human. That was pretty cool.

Well i kinda like new look and stuff... what bothers me is Geralts voice... i dont like it :( its too soft :) i really like the old one, i find it kinda sexy :p well, better in all perspectives. The old one really suit his look and behavor, so... I wont say that it would be nice if they will change voice, I rather say that i WANT that they change it :) please hear us and change voice :) (sorry for bad english :) )

I think new Geralt face is realy ugly, i actually dont see why the drastic changes need to be made.The company established the brand, why change the looks, make it better, but keep the face anatomy of the witcher 1. :)

Top Bottom