Geralt's scar

+
Geralt's scar

Hi guys!

I've been thinking of Geralt's scar across his face, how did he got it? Was it made up by CD Projekt or is it mentioned in the books?

That's a great question, I've wondered the same in the past. Never had the balls to make a thread about it though :p

If anyone does answer the greatest mystery regarding our favourite badass witcher, try to keep it semi spoiler free. In case anyone wants to read the books or anything like that.

I have no clue myself. I assume he just got them after generic fights against a dragon or two, or while battling a fucking kingagosaurus. That's a blend between a King Kong, gargoyle and a dinosaur. It's a serious thing, look it up. At least it should be...

I'm almost sure I read about the scar on his face in that expansion idea that was scrapped in the first game, Outcast. You know, that one set in the Skellige Isles before Geralt was a famous witcher.

The intro to the expansion should have been something like Geralt getting attacked by a monster, getting severely wounded and recovering some time later in a sanctuary with his distinctive scar across his face.

So I guess it was never really established where he got it. If I remember correctly.

wow I would really like to know! :3 Did the dev made it only in the game? was it ever mentioned in the books?

I have some vague memory that the scar on his eye was caused by some magical monster's attack and the wounds from that monster can't heal properly but i maybe totally wrong so don't take my word for a 100% truth.

the first big fight mentioned in the book, is the case of Adda, the daughter of a king and queen, whom where brothers and sisters by the way. Adda had been cursed from birth. She was had become some kind of monster. To the point... She hade big claws and scratched him over the eye. So that maybe where he got it from.

imbraman said:
the first big fight mentioned in the book, is the case of Adda, the daughter of a king and queen, whom where brothers and sisters by the way. Adda had been cursed from birth. She was had become some kind of monster. To the point... She hade big claws and scratched him over the eye. So that maybe where he got it from.
No. She scratched his neck.

SMiki55 said:
No. She scratched his neck.

she scratched his neck after she did the eye(s). The book doesnt specifically say what eye or if it made a scar. Im just saying that is one possible way he might have goten it.

imbraman said:
she scratched his neck after she did the eye(s).
For me it's also new. In my book, she just did that wound on his neck, but nothing more.

If you really have that in book, please, let me know when that should happened (when he left that tomb and when he was checking her)?

Top Bottom