Geralt's starting hairstyle

+
Hello, is there a way to change Geralt's starting hair in White Orchard to a different hairstyle for immersion reasons?

I've seen a few screenshots where Geralt has different hairstyle in Kaer Morhen tutorial, so I believe there is some way to change it.
Ive looked through few files in scripts directory, but not one change worked. I believe I must extract content folder and edit some xml files?

Thinking about it, just swapping hairstyles with each other would work and names could be swapped in string file after...

Loosely Gathered, Tied behind the head-------to-------Long And Loose
Shaved Except For A Ponytail----------------------- to------Shaved Except For A Ponytail
Long And Loose-------------------------------------------to------Loosely Gathered, Tied behind the head

Thanks for answers

Not sure if this is helpful, but you can change hairstyles using console commands. I remember doing it on some occasions in White Orchard to get the ponytail right off the bat.
Can't remember the codes, but they're easy to find if you're interested.

Not really tried those and it is not the solution I've been looking for... But thank you, wil try :)

Edit: So I just tried changing some lines in def_item_hairs.xml to load different hairstyle under same name but it didnt worked... :(

Last edited:
Just so you know how easy it is, and in case you don't know:

Go to user.settings, go to [General], and write "DBGConsoleOn=true" underneath that section.

Then, in game, open up the console (for me it's the ö key on a German keyboard, I changed it to an American one in Windows and it's apparently the ; key) and type in "addHair2" (for the ponytail). Console commands for hair are as follows:
addHair1 = default hairstyle
addHair2 = ponytail
addHair3 = Long and Loose
addHairDLC1 = Loose, not too long (the "emo" haircut)
addHairDLC2 = short on top, ponytail
addHairDLC3 = short, slicked back, the "Big Boss" haircut, or Elven Rebel as it is called in-game

For beards, simply type in "setbeard(0,X)" and substitute X for 0-4, 0 being shaved and 4 being the long full beard. So setbeard(0,4) would be the long full beard.

I think you're better off just using these console commands, time/effort wise.

Yeah it works, thank you both :)
Anyway my goal is to make Long and Loose a default hairstyle for immersion reasons, since it is the closest to intro cutscene... Yeah I like consistency and Geralt starting with default hairstyle really bothers me :-D

Still, if anyone had a permanent solution...

It will break immerson (if you are going after that), since the prerendered scene after the intro that shows Geralt sleeping has the non hairworks default vanilla haircut

???
Thanks for telling that. I didnt really play the game, just planning and testing and I never did watch the whole intro... Well that change things :-D
Still, I did learn a few things about modding and cheats, well that saves time testing :)

Thank you guys

Firstly, remember that the intro scene at Kaer Morhen is a DREAM! It is not an actual thing that has taken place. Geralt's hair was long when he fell asleep under the tree and it was long when he woke up from his dream. So you will find that it is perfectly consistent, actually. 100% Immersive!

(also weird how you are looking for "immersion" but you haven't actually played that part of the game yet or skipped over the cutscenes?)

Yes I know it was a dream... My point was that Geralt has long tucked hair when he is with Vesemir looking for Yennfer, yet after waking up he has default hair. I never did finished entire opening video so I didnt know...

And no, I didnt play the game yet, time reasons... So I am just checking, testing etc things that bothers me... Few texture mods, few animation mods, some difficulty tweaking...

Top Bottom