Geralt's voice is bass biased

+
oh ive played all them games loved them all " goe for the eyes boo! " ;) baldurs gate was a clasic as was icewind dale etc so yes your right they are fantastic at getting the right voice actors, but his voice in witcher was spot i just could imagine another voice for him.

Davinius said:
oh ive played all them games loved them all " goe for the eyes boo! " ;) baldurs gate was a clasic as was icewind dale etc so yes your right they are fantastic at getting the right voice actors, but his voice in witcher was spot i just could imagine another voice for him.
:Dboo rules :peace:

Davinius said:
oh ive played all them games loved them all " goe for the eyes boo! " ;)
I loved Minsc -- especially in BG 2 -- and I think that character is an excellent example of how good writing coupled with good voice acting can make a huge difference in the player's experience.
your right they are fantastic at getting the right voice actors, but his voice in witcher was spot i just could imagine another voice for him.
Well, looking at the IMBD page for the actor who did Geralt's voice in the English version of the game, it looks as if he hasn't done much of anything since The Witcher. So it sounds like he's probably available and probably fairly eager for work (i.e. cheap) at the moment.This is, of course, just a guess!

Corylea said:
Corylea said:
oh ive played all them games loved them all " goe for the eyes boo! " ;)
I loved Minsc -- especially in BG 2 -- and I think that character is an excellent example of how good writing coupled with good voice acting can make a huge difference in the player's experience.Well, looking at the IMBD page for the actor who did Geralt's voice in the English version of the game, it looks as if he hasn't done much of anything since The Witcher. So it sounds like he's probably available and probably fairly eager for work (i.e. cheap) at the moment.This is, of course, just a guess!
According to his IMDB resume, he has done a lot of theater acting (which is not shown on his normal IMDB page) so it's probably what's keeping busy. I certainly hope that he reprises his role as Geralt. He was greatHe also voiced Director Hanson in Second Sight with a voice that's completely different from Geralt (it's less raspy and more nasal), but then again, he was playing the main vilain.I loved Minsc, but I only heard him in English (Jim Cummings rocks). I wonder how he sounded in Polish.

Aaawww, you guys with your gadgets - you buy a fancy uber-woofer-thingy... and then complain when it works *too* well...! ;^)I think Geralt sounds exactly how a scarred, genetically-messed-up, highly-sexed, loner assassin SHOULD sound. I mean, how could he pull off that kind of personality if he sounded like Joe Pasquale*?*For non-English forum members: slightly famous British comedian mostly known for having a (naturally) ridiculously squeaky voice.

Top Bottom