Geralt's Witcher Sense Mode (Ideas)

+

• Total voters

So I like the fact that Geralt can now use witcher sense mode at any time. What I do not like is the black and white vision when it's on.That being said,I think it would be way more awesome and original while in witcher sense mode, if the the world looked more lucid and dreamy with brighter colors then normal.Then add a little bloom effect mixed with some kinda heat wave filter visuals. So it looks like the warmth of a Hot Summer Day, (but with a hint of acid trip).
Also I think all sounds should be mildly distorted and heightened with some faint echo effects going on as well.
I could settle for the grey-ish b&w visuals of witcher sense mode, just so long as all areas of interest such as herbs and the like are highlighted with colors i.e Herbs green, Blood trails red like TW2 but only while in witcher sense mode. I also think the witcher sense mode visuals could even be more pale instead of brighter like the poll has suggested. So if colors became more pale in general while in witcher sense mode, then only points of interest would glow a brighter hue. I like the idea of healing springs/personal camping rest spots to glow blue once we have found them on the map. So the next time I turn on my witcher sense mode i can see a safe spot in the distance. :)

Last edited:

As long as it fulfills it's purpose.

I'm not entirely sure what that is though since it was suppose to work in tandem with the V.A.T.S-like mechanic.

I’m not really sure what I’d go for. Certainly, for design reasons, the mode can’t be too similar to one’s regular vision or too colorful because that would kinda defeat its purpose of narrowing/focusing your view towards what matters. So the third option (points of interest standing out) should certainly be a part of it.
Monochrome views with colored points of interest (blueish world, red/yellow items in Assassin’s Creed) are indeed a staple way of achieving that but for a reason: They’re effective. Maybe CDPR can come up with a new way of doing it. If it achieves the same goals that’d be preferable, I suppose. But I for one can’t think of a vastly different way from the top of my head. Maybe inverted colors?
The nod to audio effects was a good one, by the way. It’d be cool indeed to see certain noises drowned out (music, atmospheric sounds etc.) while others are more pronounced (monsters’ noises, quest-related sounds etc.). Now that you mention it, this could be used in potions, too, not just the Witcher sense mode. Like, you might hear a ringing in your ears once a certain potions wears off (instead of or maybe in addition to visual effects signifying the same). That’d definitely be far cooler than a little icon with a timer on the top of my screen.

Uh, so yeah, a mixture of all three answers, I guess? Oh and what do the books say about the matter? Any pointers we could take from them?

I agree with many ideas here, like using not only graphics but also sound to show Witcher Senses effects. One thing I would be against is highlighting the Points of Interest in the WS mode - I think it's an awesome idea that they want to make places look SO interesting - even from a distance - that it will inspire us to visit & search them without any glowing arrows or red dots on the map.

Or an orange-reddish fluorescent highlight in the Witcher Senses mode.

I agree with many ideas here, like using not only graphics but also sound to show Witcher Senses effects. One thing I would be against is highlighting the Points of Interest in the WS mode - I think it's an awesome idea that they want to make places look SO interesting - even from a distance - that it will inspire us to visit & search them without any glowing arrows or red dots on the map.

Or an orange-reddish fluorescent highlight in the Witcher Senses mode.
I would love that. I just thought they had to add all that no-brainer stuff for the ignorant masses that are playing an rpg for the first time. I say fuck'em and stop holding our hands like little kids and give us a great game.

I hope it's not like Batman's Detective mode, you can't find shit without using it. It becomes an all time detective mode game.

LOL .. +1

I dont think you need any special sense modes in order to view/gather a flower... nor on those medieval days you needed something special in order to be a herbalist.. Why should you need special abilities to just pickup a flower...that would make the game ... abnormal.

What I really hope is that they put it back into combat, even if less than they originally planned.Because I think going from "cutting the nerves around the fiend's eye to take away its hypnosis" to "Monsters will be weak to specific kinds of bombs and signs" is a huge step back.

Top Bottom