Geralt's Witcher Sense Mode (Ideas)

+

Geralt's Witcher Sense Mode (Ideas)

• Total voters
What I really hope is that they put it back into combat, even if less than they originally planned.Because I think going from "cutting the nerves around the fiend's eye to take away its hypnosis" to "Monsters will be weak to specific kinds of bombs and signs" is a huge step back.
I always played with my sword the most. One of the many things I am stoked about TW3 is... Geralt not only jumps,rides horse, boats, and climbs blah.. blah.. blah..
but he can now walk while blocking with his sword and walk while holding down signs.

What I really hope is that they put it back into combat, even if less than they originally planned.Because I think going from "cutting the nerves around the fiend's eye to take away its hypnosis" to "Monsters will be weak to specific kinds of bombs and signs" is a huge step back.

Hard to tell. How to make player(without game doing it for him) cut one part of enemy´s body if we consider that fights will be improved version of The Witcher 2. It would be of course cool but how to make it work in terms of gameplay.

@broccolisoup @fracturedearth They originally planed to use the witcher senses in combat, in an interview Konrad said that we would use it to find weaknesses and exploit them, the first quote is from that interview, but in a recent interview they said they had cut it for financial reasons and that it had been replaced by the old boring "weak to sign and bomb types" system, the second quote is from that interview, I'm saying that now that they have more time I hope they at least implement the witcher senses in combat in some way, thats what I meant :turned:

Last edited:
@broccolisoup @fracturedearth They originally planed to use the witcher senses in combat, in an interview Konrad said that we would use it to find weaknesses and exploit them, the first quote is from that interview, but in a recent interview they said they had cut it for financial reasons and that it had been replaced by the old boring "weak to sign and bomb types" system, the second quote is from that interview, I'm saying that now that they have more time I hope they at least implement the witcher senses in combat in some way, thats what I meant :turned:

Well since the reason to cut the feature was financial, how would more time help into putting it back in?

Well since the reason to cut the feature was financial, how would more time help into putting it back in?

If they have more time they can develop a less fleshed out and expensive version of what they initially intended, instead of just going for the similar to W2 system. Really hope they do

If they have more time they can develop a less fleshed out and expensive version of what they initially intended, instead of just going for the similar to W2 system. Really hope they do

Here's to hoping, just as long as it doesn't feel forced or last minute. I personally think they'll use the extra time for other things, mostly optimization and refining existing systems, rather than adding new ones.

Hard to say on if they will do dlc/expansion. History predicts there could be an EE and since they've delayed they'll probably use their one time patch freebie on that since they might not need a day one. They had planned two expansions for the original Witcher but were scrapped. In my thoughts, I don't thing they'll do any and head to year 2077.

Hard to say on if they will do dlc/expansion. History predicts there could be an EE and since they've delayed they'll probably use their one time patch freebie on that since they might not need a day one. They had planned two expansions for the original Witcher but were scrapped. In my thoughts, I don't thing they'll do any and head to year 2077.

Well at the recent investor's conference they said they plan to support TW3 even more so than they did the previous games. Pure speculation here, but that might mean they're planning some bigger DLC/expansion for TW3.

I'd like it to be necessary to survive/progress but still be very little helpful. No hand holding.

Well at the recent investor's conference they said they plan to support TW3 even more so than they did the previous games. Pure speculation here, but that might mean they're planning some bigger DLC/expansion for TW3.

They also said IF they do something it will rather be a bigger expansion pack than a small DLC.

As for the Witcher Sense: So it IS a hand-holding thing? I always thought it was more like a vision that highlights tracks of enemies and enables you to analyze better which enemy it is and in which direction it went, so you can hunt them down.

Back in 2013 a developer explained it like "Geralt can see better than a human being, he can hear better and smell better, and he uses those senses to analyze which monster came by here, prepare and track down those monsters..."
That is what I thought the Witcher Sense will be, not just a stupid sense to highlight environmental objects you can interact with (as far as I know we had the Wolf Medal for that in TW2, wasn't it that way?)

Last edited:
They also said IF they do something it will rather be a bigger expansion pack than a small DLC.
Back in 2013 a developer explained it like "Geralt can see better than a human being, he can hear better and smell better, and he uses those senses to analyze which monster came by here, prepare and track down those monsters..."
That is what I thought the Witcher Sense will be, not just a stupid sense to highlight environmental objects you can interact with (as far as I know we had the Wolf Medal for that in TW2, wasn't it that way?)

I think it will indeed be a sense that highlights environmental objects,
such as footprints and make scents visible (like a colored stream).

And while it doesn't exactly reinvent the wheel, it could get the job done.

I just hope it doesn't turn into mad scanning of every nook and cranny...

I think it will indeed be a sense that highlights environmental objects,
such as footprints and make scents visible (like a colored stream).

And while it doesn't exactly reinvent the wheel, it could get the job done.

Yeah its cool to an extent, but gawd forbid I have to see extra bright out of place herbs to harvest without it.
In TW2 it was the worlds biggest eye sore, that and the targetting symbols and red health bars above my enemies head.
:)

Last edited:
I wonder if the discernible entities are visible outside of Geralt's 'sense'. So, for instance, the ground has visibly explicit grooves from a beast's walk.

That would at least give players an option to decipher the whereabouts of said monster without being spoon-fed by a red paintbrush.

Agreed. I don't want the Witcher Version of Assassins Creeds Eagle Vision (or Noob Vision how I call it (no offense))

I wonder if the discernible entities are visible outside of Geralt's 'sense'. So, for instance, the ground has visibly explicit grooves from a beast's walk.

That would at least give players an option to decipher the whereabouts of said monster without being spoon-fed by a red paintbrush.

I always liked what they did in AC3 with the hunting. In the "Eagle Vision" you saw the traces more exact, but you could also turn it off and find the traces. Then you could go there and press a button to analyze it.

I'd like it if bigger traces can be identified by yourself, while smaller traces you would go there, press a key and then Geralt would say something like "it looks like the footprint of a Necrophage" "those are not animal claws, that's for sure, they are more edgy and they cut deeper into that tree than any animal could. And yet, they are very thin" and then you would have to look it up and say "Yes, that's it. Thin Claws, footprints like a Necrophage when walking, that's species X Y"

Or something similar.

And if you just want to know the direction you could do it by following the tracks with your eyes or with the Witcher sense (easier), though you would have to be careful not to be let astray by other tracks in the area from other monsters.

Last edited:
Top Bottom