Gerlad keeps walking by himself

+
I bought at ps store and play the game a few years ago completly normal, however after a long break i reopen the game and start a new campaing, since the first move i did with gerald he keep walking to the direction i move, he wont stop and sometime move around randomly, the game is completly unplayable and i tried everything, from restarting the game, the dualshok, the play station, i created a new campaing, delet the save files even deletingthe game and downloading it again, nothing works and gerald keep walking by himself without me even touching the controller. It only happen this to me While playing the witcher not even in the main menu, pleasee help me im desesperated as the game is useless with this problem

It does sound a lot like a controller issue. Worn out buttons can have that effect. A different ps4 controller might fix it.

The only other thing you can do is try out older save games to see if that problem exists.

Have you tried completely clearing you ps4 cache? Data might have been corrupted by another game. Maybe the ps4 was not shut off properly. I forget what the process is but it involves shutting off the ps4 and pressing down a button as the game launches.

I just picked up compete edition on PS4 and am experiencing this, controller is fine. Also when on roach he will turn in a circle alot.

I'm having this problem too. Brand new PS4 Pro and controller. When I let go of the analog stick, he just keeps walking, will not stop until I move the analog stick again. SO FRUSTRATING. Is it a bug? Can't be the system or controller. I found this exact same problem on multiple treads all over the internet and every one says its the controller going bad, but mine is only a week old and this doesn't happen in any other game.

Ok I have an update , from this problem , for me I denied controller problem, but to test I dug out a beat up plug in controller and used it and game works as excepted and I tested my son's contller and his works on the game, but mine does not and the weird thing is my controller has been used way less than the other two and not beat on, but mine when compared to the others the left stick can be pressed and it stays down you can actually click it twice and it's goes down two levels and I need to pull it back up. But this does not affect any other game. I found videos on taking them apart and for curiosity I will open both wireless ins and see what's going on in mine maybe a missing piece of something , rubber plastic
Post automatically merged:

Yeah playing with my son's controller , it just feels like a better controller, both sticks and buttons feel better made , even though both are standard black dual shock, maybe mine was from a Friday batch

26th April 2020 GERALT IS STILL Fing WALKING ON HIS OWN!!!
I still have this problem. It's NOT THE CONTROLLER. Tried with new, old, tried them on different games it's still the same.... Why isn't anyone recognizing this as a real issue and not just brushing it off as a controller malfunction???
I'm on PS4 PRO. The patch is 1.62, even though in-game menu says 1.60 (weird right?).

THIS IS MY 3RD TIME PLAYING THE GAME on ps4 and FIRST time encountering this issue.
Please help!

If you are struggling with the controls you can contact CDPR:

However, since most people do not have that issue, I‘m not sure what else can be done about this.
Other than that, as far as I know it‘s normal that it says 1.60.

Thank you devivre. I just sent an email to the tech supoort.
In the meantime I'm reinstalling everything, starting a new game or I'll load an older save and see if the problem persists.

Other than that i really don't know what to say... Again it's really weird that i know i didn't have this issue before (back in 2017) when ran through the whole story.

P..S. Thanks for the fast reply 😉

26th April 2020 GERALT IS STILL Fing WALKING ON HIS OWN!!!
I still have this problem. It's NOT THE CONTROLLER. Tried with new, old, tried them on different games it's still the same.... Why isn't anyone recognizing this as a real issue and not just brushing it off as a controller malfunction???
I'm on PS4 PRO. The patch is 1.62, even though in-game menu says 1.60 (weird right?).

THIS IS MY 3RD TIME PLAYING THE GAME on ps4 and FIRST time encountering this issue.
Please help!

Largely because the vast majority of players have never suffered from this issue.

The reason it is happening is because the game is receiving an input command from somewhere. Machines don't do things all by themselves. It's either that the controller itself is mis-aligned / damaged, the USB port its plugged into is dirty or damaged, the physical connection on the mo-bo inside the console could be damaged or a couple of the circuits were bridged, etc.

The game cannot move the character all by itself. It's receiving an input.

Thank you devivre. I just sent an email to the tech supoort.
In the meantime I'm reinstalling everything, starting a new game or I'll load an older save and see if the problem persists.

Other than that i really don't know what to say... Again it's really weird that i know i didn't have this issue before (back in 2017) when ran through the whole story.

P..S. Thanks for the fast reply 😉
Hello @ppomega. Have you resolve it? I'm having the same issue. I just picked up complete edition and can't playing it. Other games work fine with my controller. How frustrating!!!!

Top Bottom