German Language on US Edition (PS4)

+
Hi, I live in the USA and I have the american disk version of the wild hunt + expansion packs. I want to play the game in German (audio and subtitles)... is this possible? I've seen mention of a language pack for German but it is not in the PS Store.

Is there any way to have the German language put onto my game or would it be just easier to order another copy of the game from Germany?

Thank you
Post automatically merged:

Oops I meant to put this in the Wild Hunt forum

Last edited:
You should be able to find the German language pack here. Viel Glück, Hexer!

Thank you for the response! When I click on the link, I briefly see the language pack page but then it redirects me to this page. Do you know what it is going on? When I go directly to the PS store online, the only language packs I see are French and Polish.
Capture333.JPG

The english ps store doesn't have the German language pack (DE). So, I'm guessing it isn't possible.

So I made a second account, and went through the whole process. I even managed to download the package but when I go to upload the add-on, it tells me it cannot find the product. So, I'm guessing that in order to play it in German you need to have a physical copy from Germany or have downloaded a digital copy in a European country which supports German.

Thank you all for your help but one last question:
If I order a copy from Germany of the game, will my PS4 be able to play it?

The account with the correct region should be able to play it.
On your US account it should not work, because it's a completely different region.

The second account you just made on the other hand will probably play it, as it's EU region too.
If it doesn't work you'll need to make a German account.

I have the account completely in German, I have access to the language pack that I can't get in the English store. I download the language pack, it says "Installed" in the PS Store but in the notification it says "Waiting to Install". When I click on "Start", it says it can't find the application.

So I deleted the digital copy of the game in the hopes to re-install it under the German account. In the German PS Store, it shows that I haven't purchased the game, but in the English PS Store it is ready for installation.

That‘s normal, the purchase will only show in the store you bought it from. You might still be able to play it on a different account, but only if the Playstation stores are compatible.

For example, the Austrian PS store and the German store are separate from each other but the games you buy for one of these two accounts, you can also play with the other account on the same console (because it is the same region).

And as mentioned before. PS4 games are region based. If you buy the game for a specific region, you can only play it on an account that was made for that region. Other than that, you can only hope for a little miracle.

And as mentioned before. PS4 games are region based. If you buy the game for a specific region, you can only play it on an account that was made for that region. Other than that, you can only hope for a little miracle.

Well.. looks like no miracle this time!

Last question... if I order a hard copy of the game from Germany, it will work on my PS4?

I'm not going to bother doing a digital download because it requires I present German identity/address which I don't have.

I‘m not entirely sure, there might be some restrictions regarding the bluray player. I can‘t say for sure.

Top Bottom