German Language Pack for Witcher 3 GOTY on XBOX One?

+
Hey guys,

I played the normal Witcher 3 game on XBOX One around 2-3 years ago when it came out.

Now I decided that I also want to get all the extensions, and I thought the easiest and cheapest way to do so is by buying the GOTY edition besides the original one I already own.

Since there was a cheap one available in the UK, I bought it from there (on eBay). After installing the game, I realized that a bunch of languages and subtitles are available, but German is not.

In the Austrian and Swiss Microsoft store it seems there is a language pack for German, but I can't find one in the German store.

Is there any possible way I can use German audio in my GOTY edition? I speak and understand English very well, but in the game there are tons of slangs and accents that I can't comprehend without reading subtitles all the time.

Appreciate any help! :)

Available languages depend on the region where you buy the game. You bought the UK version, so that‘s likely the reason why it doesn‘t support German. To avoid issues like that it‘s usually best to stick to your region.

You could try installing one of the available german packs from other Xbox stores, for example:
https://www.microsoft.com/de-ch/p/t...-the-year-edition-sprachpaket-de/brwsh8w0zbbq

But I don‘t know if that works, because I’ve never had a Xbox console...

...I thought the easiest and cheapest way to do so is by buying the GOTY edition besides the original one I already own.

I'd recommend this if you don't mind buying the game again. Just for ease-of-use. The GOTY Edition is considered a separate product from the regular version + DLC. Even though the data should be virtually identical in either case, GOTY includes everything in one, tidy package.

Just be sure to double-check that German Language / VO is included in the region you're purchasing from! That still varies for GOTY from region to region.

Top Bottom