"Get Junior" Main Quest Broken PS4

+
"Get Junior" Main Quest Broken PS4

i'm currently playing the PS4 version but i read through the forum it's a cross-platform bug, i read people having it on pc, xboxone.

*spoilers*

The quest tells you to get Whoreson, to do so you have to go in many places including The Arena which is an underground place in Novigrad. To proceed you have to loot "Igor's Letter" and read it to let the script advance, letting you go to the Closed Hidden Door beneath. To do so you have to use Witcher Senses in front of the door and look to the ground where there are some Red Scratches, if the script works Geralt should say something and the torch beside the Closed Hidden Door, on the right, should be used to Interact and open the door. Problem is, in my game, Geralt doesn't say anything in front of the door, so the script does not advance, not letting me to interact with the torch: no matter what i do, no matter how i spam X to the torch, i only Light & Blow out it. The door is still closed.

It's a Main Quest so i'm stuck with the story. I heard it was coming out patch 1.0.3 so i did side quests: i completed the skellige storyline in the meantime and all the contracts up to level 30. i'm level 22 now. patch 1.0.3 did not solve the problem.
Many say if you have another save, trying to load it and playing by there could solve the problem: as you can see it's not a viable option with all the progress i made. i'm expecting a fix.

Attachments

• IMG_2199.jpg
    IMG_2199.jpg
    425.1 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_2200.jpg
    IMG_2200.jpg
    417.5 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
I know it is no help to you as far as getting you out of your dillemma, but maybe it's help CDPR isolate the problemt I've reproduced this bug and it has something to do with completing the Gangs of Novigrad quest while this part of Get Junior's quest is also open. This creates a scenario where two missions are happening in the same areas at the same time.

I had a save while the game was in this state, and I was able to go to the arena and open the door as long as I didn't complete the Gangs of Novigrad quest first. This created a second glitch, however, where I fail the Gangs of Novigrad quest, but it remains in my "Secondary Quest" list. If I track it, there are no goals and nothing I can do. Definitely a lesser problem than the other one, but worth noting.

pretty sure you have to turn that candle thing on the right.
You turn the candle and the door opens.

Yeah, if you trigger this glitch, you'll only be able to ignite the torch, you can't turn it like you're supposed to, and he won't make his comment about there being a hidden door somewhere.

Yeah, if you trigger this glitch, you'll only be able to ignite the torch, you can't turn it like you're supposed to, and he won't make his comment about there being a hidden door somewhere.

If you use your witcher sense, it should let you turn the torch and not ignite the torch.
The same thing happened to me, I had to mess with it for 5 minutes before the hidden door opened.

As for your 2nd part what? The hidden door opens when you turn the torch.

If you use your witcher sense, it should let you turn the torch and not ignite the torch.
The same thing happened to me, I had to mess with it for 5 minutes before the hidden door opened.

As for your 2nd part what? The hidden door opens when you turn the torch.

Tried for half an hour, no luck.

I know it is no help to you as far as getting you out of your dillemma, but maybe it's help CDPR isolate the problemt I've reproduced this bug and it has something to do with completing the Gangs of Novigrad quest while this part of Get Junior's quest is also open. This creates a scenario where two missions are happening in the same areas at the same time.

I had a save while the game was in this state, and I was able to go to the arena and open the door as long as I didn't complete the Gangs of Novigrad quest first. This created a second glitch, however, where I fail the Gangs of Novigrad quest, but it remains in my "Secondary Quest" list. If I track it, there are no goals and nothing I can do. Definitely a lesser problem than the other one, but worth noting.

This is exactly what I'm getting. Gangs of novigrad quest is still active but has no goals, and I can't open the door in Get Junior.
I had hoped the latest patch would fix it, but all it seems to have done is make the torch not highlight... before the patch, when using witcher senses, the floor next to the door and the torch would both glow red, but now (after the patch) only the floor glows red. I still cant interact with either.

Any fix or way around this yet?

This is exactly what I'm getting. Gangs of novigrad quest is still active but has no goals, and I can't open the door in Get Junior.
I had hoped the latest patch would fix it, but all it seems to have done is make the torch not highlight... before the patch, when using witcher senses, the floor next to the door and the torch would both glow red, but now (after the patch) only the floor glows red. I still cant interact with either.

Any fix or way around this yet?

Is there any fix for this yet? My story mode won't continue without this.

Lilayah

CD PROJEKT RED
Try to reload the game to the Checkpoint after defeating Igor (but before looting his key), go straight to the secret wall without reading the message. Then Geralt comments on the scraping on the ground and you should be able to interact with torch.
Also, we are working on the fix, so please stay tuned!

Try to reload the game to the Checkpoint after defeating Igor (but before looting his key), go straight to the secret wall without reading the message. Then Geralt comments on the scraping on the ground and you should be able to interact with torch.
Also, we are working on the fix, so please stay tuned!

I tried it that way after hitting the glitch. Nothing worked - leaving the key and all, then not looting the message, then not reading the message. I've sat through the load on this FAR too many times on this. Geralt doesn't ever comment and all I get is the option to ignite the torch rather than interact with it. Now I think I went on to side quests after leaving the key in my inventory but without looting the message so I can't try that exact thing again. Looks like I'm stuck waiting for the fix.

Oh, forgot to mention that one of Cleaver's dudes got caught at the entrance the first time. Since I went back in, he's appeared in the room where I killed Igor (where the box w/the message is).

Edit: Just noticed this is in the PS4 forum. I'm getting it on the PC. Sure wouldn't mind the ability to use a console command to give me what I need inside the vault to continue...

Last edited:
Update: I seem to be finally able to proceed with the main Get Junior quest even though the arena secret door still won't work. I found Dijkstra in the bathhouse (there was no longer a quest marker there) and he pointed me onward to talk with an old friend.

Top Bottom