Get Junior - Torch isn't opening passage to whoreson's stash

+
This is ridiculous, I have had this quest glitched for days now. To release a game where the main storyline is glitched is unacceptable. I waited for a patch after seeing that many were complaining on these forums about it, but days later and I still can not progress the story. I was loving this game and told everyone how great it was, and now I am super disappointed. It appears at CDPR they don't really test anything completely, being part of the main story you think someone would have noticed or maybe your testers are lazy and only do things half assed such as not reading notes. Anyway thanks for allowing me to spend 60 bucks on a game I can't complete, it feels good to spend money on a game and being forced to shelf it. I guess this gives me time to download and play the Dragon Age Inquisition expansion that just came out on PS4. Thanks again for wasting my time and money CDPR.

Guest 3816827

This is ridiculous, [...] Thanks again for wasting my time and money CDPR.

Stop the drama. This is one quest of how many? 500? Things like this can happen in such a big game. It's no big deal, especially since you can play the rest of the quest. I visited Roche near Oxenfurt, followed that quest and after that this bugged subquest was simply marked as 'failed'. Ok, I never opened the hidden door, but nevertheless the "Get Junior"-Quest can be completed.

I had this same bug on Xbox one, I eventually kept going on with the quest and the "investigate arena" goal was checked off in red as I went on to the next steps. I figured I just missed out on that particular step and should be all set from there on out.....will this come back to haunt me? do we actually need to find the treasure at that moment? (no spoilers) just curious if someone who has progressed further know how important that hidden wall with the torch actually is?oddly enough, this quest is exactly the same time i got the no EXP bug too - lucky me. as I did the "gangs of Novigrad" quest and it was gray at the time, along the same time I did the Get Junior quest. game is easy enough on death march that the lack of EXP shouldn't be too bad until is patched back up. I knew this non-leveling open world was going to be an issue with balancing though...

Stop the drama. This is one quest of how many? 500? Things like this can happen in such a big game. It's no big deal, especially since you can play the rest of the quest. I visited Roche near Oxenfurt, followed that quest and after that this bugged subquest was simply marked as 'failed'. Ok, I never opened the hidden door, but nevertheless the "Get Junior"-Quest can be completed.
A little dramatic maybe, but game developers need to learn that releasing broken games is bullshit. We paid for 100% of the game not 99.99%, and as silly as that may sound it's the principle of the matter. These days game devs think they can cut spending and time on testing and release bugged out and broken games, while we test them and they patch them later.

People say things like you have, "it's just one part of the mission" or "who cares skip it". Whether someone is saying such things to simply be passive or the fact that they are blind fans of a game or a company does not justify a finished product being broken. If any other product was sold to you at full price as a finished product and you could only enjoy/use 99% of it you would be butthurt. In the video game industry fans act like this ok.

Last edited:

Guest 3816827

A little dramatic maybe, but game developers need to learn that releasing broken games is bullshit. We paid for 100% of the game not 99.99%, and as silly as that may sound it's the principle of the matter. These days game devs think they can cut spending and time on testing and release bugged out and broken games, while we test them and they patch them later.

People say things like you have, "it's just one part of the mission" or "who cares skip it". Whether someone is saying such things to simply be passive or the fact that they are blind fans of a game or a company does not justify a finished product being broken. If any other product was sold to you at full price as a finished product and you could only enjoy/use 99% of it you would be butthurt. In the video game industry fans act like this ok.

Yes, I get that and I understand that it sucks to pay 50 or 60 bucks only to be unable to play certain parts of the game. And Witcher 3 isn't bug free... I had two quest bugs and on my system the game freezes from time to time. That's not good.

But I think it's important to see this in proportion. W3 is a huge game and it's impossible to create a big project like this without bugs on release. That's just the nature of software projects. Creating complex software is one of the most complicated tasks on earth and '100% bug-free' with a project of this size will NEVER happen. It's impossible to achieve that.

Bugs suck, yes, but they're unavoidable. And the parts of the game I played without bugs are so good that I can easily ignore the freezes that happen from time to time. CDPR will fix the game in the next weeks/months, and it IS mostly playable right now. That's all I can reasonably expect.

So, saying "thanks again for wasting my time and money" because of such a minor bug is something that is in my opinion totally out of proportion. Let's relax a bit.

Have fun!

So, saying "thanks again for wasting my time and money" because of such a minor bug is something that is in my opinion totally out of proportion. Let's relax a bit.

Have fun!

Not being able to progress in the main storyline is not a minor bug fanboy clown.

Guest 3816827

Not being able to progress in the main storyline is not a minor bug fanboy clown.

Oh, come on, before trying to insult other people you could at least read the thread.
It's no problem to progress in the main story line. Just meet with Roche near Oxenfurt and continue with the story. It's a minor bug.

Oh, come on, before trying to insult other people you could at least read the thread.
It's no problem to progress in the main story line. Just meet with Roche near Oxenfurt and continue with the story. It's a minor bug.

That is not acurate at all. Ive gone back to Roche several times, he just sits by the fire and i can ask him 2 thing, nothing that progress the story, and i dont even have a quest that even mentions Roche to begin with. The only thing I can do now is either go to Skellige or wait for a the team to fix the Torch bug.. Please do asap.

I had the exact same problem. For me it was because i went in with carvers dwarf squad to clear the place out. After that i couldn't activate the torch. Reloaded before i went in ignored the dwarves and did the arena fights and everything worked fine. Also, i didn't read the note in both situations so i think it has nothing to do with it.

Roche is bugged as well, so maybe you could read the thread.

Guest 3816827

Roche is bugged as well, so maybe you could read the thread.

There should be a part of the quest where you have to speak to Reuven again. He sends you to Roche. I followed that part of the quest and it worked fine. If this should be bugged for you then yeah, that sucks and I would consider it a major bug. I hope CDPR fixes this for you. On page 2 is a post by Marcin Momot; you should send him a savegame with the problem.

This is ridiculous, I have had this quest glitched for days now. To release a game where the main storyline is glitched is unacceptable. I waited for a patch after seeing that many were complaining on these forums about it, but days later and I still can not progress the story. I was loving this game and told everyone how great it was, and now I am super disappointed. It appears at CDPR they don't really test anything completely, being part of the main story you think someone would have noticed or maybe your testers are lazy and only do things half assed such as not reading notes. Anyway thanks for allowing me to spend 60 bucks on a game I can't complete, it feels good to spend money on a game and being forced to shelf it. I guess this gives me time to download and play the Dragon Age Inquisition expansion that just came out on PS4. Thanks again for wasting my time and money CDPR.

Are you *just* trying to light the torch or did you investigate and examine it. Interacting with it from within Witcher senses allows it to work. Otherwise it just lights the torch.

Use your witcher sense and move the camera slightly, I've had it light it a couple times but soon as i hold down witcher sense I've always been able to do it after 1 or 2 tries.

Use your witcher sense and move the camera slightly, I've had it light it a couple times but soon as i hold down witcher sense I've always been able to do it after 1 or 2 tries.

He doesnt even comment on the floor when i walk in the room, and no, It isnt possible to turn the torch with or without witcher senses.

Found a fix to my problem. By fighting the two guards at the main gate you engage the rest to fight you which makes you miss out on additional dialogue and additional action consequences. What I did was I rolled back my saves, got to the bouncers at the gate, bribed them, followed the sequence, got to the hidden door, Geralt noticed the markings on the floor with witcher sense and then activated the torch. Sorted!

You need to collect and read the notes looted from the boss. And as you say examine both the floor and 'key' before being able to use it for the "hidden" purpose.

Occurs elsewhere too. Reading the books, journals, letters and notes you pick up is sometimes essential.

You need to collect and read the notes looted from the boss. And as you say examine both the floor and 'key' before being able to use it for the "hidden" purpose.

Occurs elsewhere too. Reading the books, journals, letters and notes you pick up is sometimes essential.

I didn't. I only noticed the letter regarding the wall after I got in through the door. Guess I got Lucky.

Contextual use actions sometimes bug out and don't show up.

I can usually solve this by quicksaving and reloading on the spot.
It forces the game to reinitialize the state of things in your surroundings and usually fixes them.

Same thing also helps when you dont get a chat icon for merchants, or you get stuck in a swamp hole.

Unfortunately ive had quite the adventures just because this stuff didnt work, and its not possible to roll-back any save at this point, its to much. Ive tried to load the savepoint in the room several times to try and reset it so to speak, but to no avail.

Im stuck with the secret stash glitch on xbox 1 where geralt wont comment on the hidden door or marks on the floor. The torch glows red but I can only ignite it or extenguish it. i have tried reloading, hard reset and so on. Even went on and did a bunch of other quests. I have no idea how to send a copy of a xbox 1 save. I was hoping this latest patch would have fixed this.

---------- Updated at 02:00 PM ----------

How do I send an xbox 1 save file? please also see my other post on this topic

Top Bottom