Get ready.

+
We are not going to see gameplay sadly they already found an hidden message that was clear about that. I am not happy about that at all. And i honestly don't think is fair to act like this but i will avoid to type everything else on the argument to avoid problems with moderators.

View attachment 11002714

This is just how i feel about it so don't take my opinion as nothing more than a personal opinion but. I find this extremely not user friendly and somewhat insulting is not that this game lacks Hype and what even make this feels worse to me is that we have a release date but still we are denied to see gameplay.

Just my two cents.
"PeOplE aT hOmE wOn'T bE dIsaPPoInTed": a release date that could have been given via twitter.

Fair enough (not). Definetely not pre-ordering, because NO, I can't "vote yes" if I don't like what I see: being treated like a second class gamer because taking days off and flying to LA from europe to see a single video that could be uploaded in like 3 minutes is just stupid for me. I wonder how people will manage to say that CDPR respects its customers now, but people accept everything, so...

Don't really see a point in staying here until august, honestly.

"PeOplE aT hOmE wOn'T bE dIsaPPoInTed": a release date that could have been given via twitter.

Fair enough (not). Definetely not pre-ordering, because NO, I can't "vote yes" if I don't like what I see: being treated like a second class gamer because taking days off and flying to LA from europe to see a single video that could be uploaded in like 3 minutes is just stupid for me. I wonder how people will manage to say that CDPR respects its customers now, but people accept everything, so...

Don't really see a point in staying here until august, honestly.

- They never promised anything specific at this E3
- E3 is far from over
- The games still has a long way to go - 10+months. Why show your cards now when you can do so with a better hand closer to release. The press KNOWS it's still in development, you and i KNOW it's still very much a work in progress. The vast majority though will nitpick and cry about the smallest things which will probably be solved by launch, though the damage will still be done. Pre-ordering isn't mandatory, despite modern culture making it seem so.

Don't know about you but I liked what i saw, should be more than enough to tie me over for 2 months till Gamescom.

Last edited:
But quite frankly that is what was not written in that message. I don't think this is one of the things that can be defended this is not user friendly on my opinion i mean if they deliver a good game it will sell. There is no need to build hype or show gameplay just to "Some people" and make everyone else wait for the sake of nothing.

Cd projekt red in past had major consideration and respect on his customers.

I am being extremely polite here but i don't approve this behaviour that i find a lot unfair by their own admission.
Meanwhile there are other devs around that even delaying the game for so long they had the courage to feed their fans all the info they needed with in depth blogpost and i do believe are those that treat their fanbase fairly.
I will wait till the E3 ends but according with that message we are not going to see anything.

I will wait till the E3 ends but according with that message we are not going to see anything.

Pretty pictures will certainly occur laced with pompous to the level of questionable honesty praise from the press and YT drones.

Some heavy filtering is called for in shuffling through all that, if one wants an idea of the content that can be considered credible.

- They never promised anything specific at this E3
- E3 is far from over
- The games still has a long way to go - 10+months. Why show your cards now when you can do so much closer and with a better hand closer to release. The press KNOWS it's still in development, you and i KNOW it's still very much a work in progress. The vast majority though will nitpick and cry about the smallest things which will probably be solved by launch, though the damage will still be done. Pre-ordering isn't mandatory, despite modern culture making it seem so.
- they are showing it to E3 attendants, though.
- we won't see any gameplay until august, E3 not being over is pointless
- E3 attendants are not the press, are random guy like me and you. "Work in progress" worked last year, would have worked during E3 and will work in august when they'll show the same exact stuff they're showing today, but to the -according to myself- second class gamers. Pre-ordering is not mandatory, but when they ask it like we're doing them a favor (and this is the exact case) I can reply with "treat me like the others since my money are as worthy as the E3 attendants' money, then we can talk". Building the hype making people feel less worthy? It doesn't work with me, the opposite.

Anyway, who cares, right? We're buying the game anyway, they can treat us as we deserve. Nothing to blame on them, my mistake to think that like EVERY SINGLE company in the world (yes, ubisoft and EA included) they would have showed the same stuff to all the public. But CDPR is different, it's special. I won't make this mistake again. Screw me once? Shame on you. Screw me twice? Shame on me.

Not a real problem, as I said. Just my opinion of the studio has dropped significantly. I'll see the gameplay in august, draw my conclusions about it, thank CDPR for doing me this great favor to see something that E3 attendants saw already and wait for april.

Last edited by a moderator:
No better actor to promote 2077 then the OG Netrunner Neo/Keanu Reeves. Even a character in the game, that's badass.

Still ultra pumped after that! Still shocked Reeves is playing a 2077 Legend. Dying to play the game.
Post automatically merged:

Keanu wasn't enough for you to preorder? :D

It is for me !! I ordered two copies,one for me,one for my older brother as a gift. CE is nice and all,but I am more concerned with the game having great SLI/Crossfire support at launch.

The gameplay they will show us in august might be the one behind the closed doors from E3.
What they show to the normal public at E3 might be shown to us also.

The gameplay they will show us in august might be the one behind the closed doors from E3.
What they show to the normal public at E3 might be shown to us also.

And that is exactly the point. We are second class gamers for being not able to be attendants at the E3 show? We are being denied to see gameplay because they want to build hype. To me this is just not only unfair but also unrespectful.

Don't know what people expected, really.

They said no gameplay shown. And yet still some hoped to see gameplay. That's fine. But going on a rant afterward isn't.

We got a CGI trailer, a celebrity cast member, a release date and preorders. What's the problem here?

No one said anything about 'second class gamers' and CDPR don't seem like the kind of people to pull an Anthem I. E. Show stuff now.. Make it later. They have their strategy, and the risk theirs and theirs alone. We want to be respected, let's show some respect in turn.

We are indeed being respectful and i am voicing my concern as a customers since in the end if i will buy the game i will do it with my money because i like it.
Is been years since Cyberpunk 2077 has been announced. And people are in this forum since years to brainstorm and give ideas about the game.

Frankly i don't agree with their strategy i find it extremely costumer unfriendly and not accettable somewhat even insulting since. There is who has priority to see gameplay over others. They never said in that message they are avoiding to show gameplay because the game is unfinished they said they are doing that to "Build Hype" it is quite different.

And because i respect cd projekt that i am voicing how my feel. I am a costumer of this software house since the release of witcher 1 and i have all their games. But the cd project of the past were feeding us with detailed info. The cd Project of the past never used this marketing toxic tricks to build hype.

I just want Cd projekt to return to the user friendly one it was in past.

The risk may be theirs. But a lot of time passed and everybody forgets that risk is indeed theirs. But money is ours.

Don't know what people expected, really.
To be treated like any other gamer, simple as that.
They said no gameplay shown.
They are showing it to press/influencers (fair, it's their job) and E3 public (not fair, gamers are all the same)
No one said anything about 'second class gamers'
facts speak louder than words
We want to be respected, let's show some respect in turn.
I haven't lacked of respect saying that I'm disappointed about their strategy. It's a fair statement. On the other hand...

Anyway, I've already wasted too much time and continuing this conversation won't change a thing. Let's see if we are worthy of some info about gameplay at least. Otherwise, see you in august, maybe. :)
Post automatically merged:

even insulting since. There is who has priority to see gameplay over others. They never said in that message they are avoiding to show gameplay because the game is unfinished they said they are doing that to "Build Hype" it is quite different.
This.

Ah still relevant about the announcement cd projekt declared this to be a rpg first and foremost then Mostly an rpg.

Now browsing the steam store a friend of mine shown this.

Cyberpunk 2077 is an open-world, action-adventure story set in Night City, a megalopolis obsessed with power, glamour and body modification. You play as V, a mercenary outlaw going after a one-of-a-kind implant that is the key to immortality. You can customize your character’s cyberware, skillset and playstyle, and explore a vast city where the choices you make shape the story and the world around you.

So is this is a steam description error or? The game now is an Action Adventure? i am confused.

To be treated like any other gamer, simple as that.

You sure about that? Think about that really carefully now *cough* Anthem *cough*

I can argue that this treatment is already better then that we’d endure under any other publisher.

Everyone else would be willing to lie to your face. THAT’s being treated like a gamer.

CDPR lets us in on the game plan, admits to the things it estimates it needs to do to keep up with the other team, then asks, if not for our cooperation, our understanding.

I’m game. Not sure where else you’re taking your ball and going home to. There currently is no better treatment.
I agree it’s hardly ideal, but CDPR is doing this to break out. I think this is a fair middle ground between reality and idealism.

You sure about that? Think about that really carefully now *cough* Anthem *cough*

I can argue that this treatment is already better then that we’d endure under any other publisher.

Everyone else would be willing to lie to your face. THAT’s being treated like a gamer.

CDPR lets us in on the game plan, admits to the things it estimates it needs to do to keep up with the other team, then asks, if not for our cooperation, our understanding.

I’m game. Not sure where else you’re taking your ball and going home to. There currently is no better treatment.

Not true and i can provide an example.

Game X: Got delayed and we don't have a specific release date but their developers send monthly blogspot entering in detail about features and what they are going to develop as result many are still in hype and waiting that game but at least they know that when will be ready what stort of game they are holding in their hand. ((i used Game X because i don't want to publicize other games in CDPR forum that would be unrespectful but those devs and game actually exist.))

Game Y: Is announced for years got two trailers the second one in CGI featuring a celebrity announcing a release date when info in the gameplay or even what kind of genre the game is are still vague. People are crawling to get info on the gameplay but the marketing chosen to show the game just to E3 attendant and pulished an announcement they are not showing gameplay at the general public to "Build Hype".

Guess between x and y who has major consideration for his fanbase?..

The fact the industry generally handle his customer in a bad way doesn mean is right. And CD projekt red always claimed to be different than the others while now using the same marketing plans to generate hype sending many people that were waiting this game from years in deep frustration.

You may find this acceptable i personally don't.

Top Bottom