Get ready.

+
Well, the casting is pretty much spot on.

Everything I hear tells me Keanu is a nice guy IRL. Given the training he went thru for John Wick and how well he pulled it off on-screen I'd say he's got the basic skills. Pretty much sounds like Johnny to me.

on top of that he has played in cyberpunk themed movies before

[...]
There currently is no better treatment.
I don't recall a single time when a gameplay video was shown to some audience (not press/influencers, real audience) and not to the rest of the world.
On the other hand, I think about companies like from software which would never do anything like that. Without claiming that they're better than others because they respect players: facts speak louder than words and sorry if I feel treated like a second class gamer (sorry mods, that's how I feel, you can edit it out again), but that's how it is. And CDPR knew it, as claimed in the message, yet they deliberately decided to do this.

Again, I don't really want to continue on this topic. Wasted time.

Edited. -Drac

By doing this they're showing their gameplay to an audience without handing them over the footage.
Maybe they are not feeling 100% ready yet to upload a footage that everyone can rewatch and analyse frame by frame.

Now that preorders are open they cannot easily say "everything is subject to change" like they did last year so they might being more cautious about it.

Not true and i can provide an example.

Game X: Got delayed and we don't have a specific release date but their developers send monthly blogspot entering in detail about features and what they are going to develop as result many are still in hype and waiting that game but at least they know that when will be ready what stort of game they are holding in their hand. ((i used Game X because i don't want to publicize other games in CDPR forum that would be unrespectful but those devs and game actually exist.))

Game Y: Is announced for years got two trailers the second one in CGI featuring a celebrity announcing a release date when info in the gameplay or even what kind of genre the game is are still vague. People are crawling to get info on the gameplay but the marketing chosen to show the game just to E3 attendant and pulished an announcement they are not showing gameplay at the general public to "Build Hype".

I'm assuming in your comparison that Game X is a small, crowdfunded indie game and Game Y is a big budget title that needs to rival in the Triple A market?

If not, you're going to have to give me examples of Game X.
Post automatically merged:

Saying that Stalin was bad doesn't deny what Hitler did (and the other way round).

Rang the bell on Godwin's law rather quickly and desperatly there. And just like Godwin's law, you've killed reasonable discussion with incredulous hyperbole.

People need to chill if they start comparing this with the worst of WW2.

Last edited:
I'm assuming in your comparison that Game X is a small, crowdfunded indie game and Game Y is a big budget title that needs to rival in the Triple A market?

Rang the bell on Godwin's law rather quickly and desperatly there. And just like Godwin's law, you've killed reasonable discussion with incredulous hyperbole.

Absolutely not still i don't want to make unnecessary publicity suffice to say it was a game shown at the past E3 many in the pc market were expecting and is still in hype about it. Maybe not from a big studio as Cd Projekt red but still is not crowdfunded and the fact the software house is a AAA company should not justify shady marketing tactics.

Last edited:
So is this is a steam description error or? The game now is an Action Adventure? i am confused

Nope, still pretty much an RPG

1560173746479.png

1560173898508.png

You sure about that? Think about that really carefully now *cough* Anthem *cough*

I can argue that this treatment is already better then that we’d endure under any other publisher.

Everyone else would be willing to lie to your face. THAT’s being treated like a gamer.

CDPR lets us in on the game plan, admits to the things it estimates it needs to do to keep up with the other team, then asks, if not for our cooperation, our understanding.

I’m game. Not sure where else you’re taking your ball and going home to. There currently is no better treatment.
I agree it’s hardly ideal, but CDPR is doing this to break out. I think this is a fair middle ground between reality and idealism.

Very well said,and I agree 110%. Too much complaining given the stellar treatment we are getting from CDPR.

I don't think after all this years expecting gameplay is too much complaining nor asking all gamers are handled equal from a software house that claims to be user friendly.

I guess to each his own?

For all the people who ordered the Cyberpunk 2077 Collector's Edition from Amazon DE, I've contacted Amazon to ask a few questions.
You will get the box content in german language and there is a possibility that CDPR may have to censor the game in Germany due to the age-restriction group USK in Germany.
Considering the tough scenes from Cyberpunk game, I think they very well may force a censorship for Germany, as the USK was always sensitive in this terms with other games. It always takes a while until they confirm it if there is going to be a censorship or not.

Any info from CDPR regarding censorship in Germany maybe? But I think you guys are clueless too for the time being, unless you already had a chit-chat with USK.

I also called Game UK shop (since it wasn't working for me to oder there due to an error after payment), they told me that they cannot ship the CE internationally, so their offer is only exclusive to UK. What a bummer.

There is no reason to fear censoreship. The BPjM is the major issue, not the USK and the BPjM doesn't have the power it used to have. Zombie games were pretty close to forbidden in Germany and that time is over, several games with "tough scenes" are released uncensored and rereleased. Examples: Mortal Kombat and Dead Rising. Also they can't force censoreship, they can merely refuse a rating and even that doesn't have to mean anything. Dead Space 1 was refused two times, Dead Space 2 submitted six times (thanks to Bavaria).

People need to chill if they start comparing this with the worst of WW2.
It was not a comparison with ww2, at all, I was just refusing the concept of whataboutism. Anyway, not really important.

P.s. sorry mods, I thought dictatorships from 1930's were not really considered a political subject today. My bad. :)

The passion and hurt some are displaying is beautiful.

I'd call it highly regrettable if nothing else, but I will agree that it goes to show the passion of the fanbase. Lots of strong feelings here, prefaced by a *not really important* shrug before jumping back in.

I feel you guys, I really do. I wish this were different too and I know this isn't ideal.

I was just refusing the concept of whataboutism. Anyway, not really important.

Accusations of Whataboutism are only apt when people are trying to excuse even worse behavior. Or even more detrimental, if they're trying to excuse worse behavior by trying to convince others that "other's would've done it too".

EA, does whataboutism when trying to squeeze lootboxes into the market and calling it "fun engagement". Ubisoft, does whataboutism when putting DRM on their games and blaming pirates.

CDPR is being honest with us, wich is a hell of a lot better than what gamers are getting today at this Tier of the gaming Market. They're trying to rival the other players, but being transparant with us in the progress.

If I present arguments on how CDPR is doing better than most, than accusations of Whataboutism are misplaced. You're looking for a different term. If I were to call myself anything, I'd be an apologist, grasping at whatever I can to defend my favorite brand. A rare occurence, but I'm happy to be proven wrong and mocked on April 12th if it gets worse than this.

I'll keep defending that point for some time to come.

Last edited:
What amazes me about the whole Keanu affair is that they managed to keep it secret for the whole time.

I think they paid them very well to keep their mouth shut.
Also:

The most impressive part is actually how capable CDPR is at generating hype. CDPR released a trailer in 2013 for a game that they weren't making.

CDPR doesn't generate hype, they're just doing their job right.
They created a trailer in 2013 to appeal people into making the game with them (and look at how GOOD they fleshed Night City).
Then, once they're surrounded by fans working in their studios, even in the game is rude to make etc...
In the end, they're all here for the passion of it, and because they're motivated to make a freaking good game out of it (mostly because they're just as fan as we are of the franchise).

That's basicaly how you avoid your Mr-Random405 to leak shits from your game, just "because the coffee tastes like shit and we're not getting paid enough". Cyberpunk 2077 were made by fan, for fans, and you can feel it, reason why CDPR needed such a big budget, I think they do have a lot of crazy ideas but can't show them at the moment (just to keep people interested).

For the "hype" thing, it's a marketing scheme, you can saddly build hype with anything, even dog poop nowadays.
And it's understandable, it's how it goes when you're trying to sell an "artistic media", you have to generate buzz and attention.

Now, I won't pre-order it, ever, even if I find the game amazing.
Because, as "CDPR" as they are, selling me a game, 1years in advance, without telling me much than "Gimme your money and I'll maybe tell you a bit more stuff later", is closer to Activision than a company that cares about their gamer's audience (I mean, could've been delayed a bit more, not to look like a bunch of cash-grabber surfing on the hype, they could easily have done the same last year...). And then what?
The game will be delayed a bit, and people will complain "yeah, you thief, I paid for it 1year ago".... Lol.

CDPR just like anyone else, is faithfull...untill they're not (microtransaction and such? They're maybe grabbing your wallet now before anyone can complain...).
So, we will see how it goes about that.
But if the game is good and that it runs on my PC, I'll buy it for sure, but yeah... Not 1year in advance without at leat 1hour of solid gameplay (I don't even know if the RP will be New Vegas/Bloodline, or Fallout 4"s "Yes/No/Maybe".

I'm amazed by the talent and work CDPR put into this, it's exactly how we used to play it with my players, so I'm 100% behind you guys.
On another hands, don't blame me for not trusting your Marketing department, it's their job to milk us out.

Last edited:
Me: "CDPR did something """bad"""

You: "But EA did something worse".
1560178632865.png

Sounds pretty like whataboutism to me. And with this I quit and won't reply on the subject, because 1) it's off topic and 2) I've already wrote several times that I don't see any point in continuing a conversation about this story. Nothing will change, neither CDPR's behaviour towards us nor my opinion on this strategy.

Does someone know if we can preorder in other countries and get it in english? I'm from spain and I want the physical stuff to be in english, not spanish :(

Me: "CDPR did something """bad"""

You: "But EA did something worse".

2) I've already wrote several times that I don't see any point in continuing a conversation about this story

Then I'll correct the record on what you're assuming that I'm saying and leave it at that:

Whataboutism
(also known as whataboutery) is a variant of the tu quoque logical fallacy that attempts to discredit an opponent's position by charging them with hypocrisy without directly refuting or disproving their argument.

For me to be guilty of whataboutism, I'll need to accuse you of hypocricy and deflect your point. I am not doing that. I am fully conscious that CDPR's decision is not at all the most optimum decision for us, the consumer. I've stated this from the very beginning and fully acknowledge that your frustration with the situation is warranted. I've not deflected or failed to respond to your point. In fact, you "won". BrokenEnglish? I AGREE with you that this decision is bad and that a better situation should've been possible and would indeed be preferable.

The difference is that I'm able to take a position where I can understand and defend CDPR's decision also. Your problem is that I won't stop expressing a counterview that I find relevant, because you don't like it. Still, I think it's worthy of being considered though, alongside agreeing with you that the thing was bad. I am not expecting to change your mind, nor that your point is now invalid. I am not saying that you're a hypocrit, but instead, that there's a reason for what is happening.

The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.
- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Let's function together and do as Southpark did: Have our cake and eat it too.

You can continue being righteously indignant towards something we both agree is bad. Meanwhile, I at the same time will come up with a probable reason for why this is happening, without undermining your valid dissapointment. I remain capable of retaining hope that this is a necessary evil that will allow CDPR to gain a good enough foothold in the market to change the industry. I hope my viewpoint will encourage CDPR to do good, if they happened to be right.

Come April, I'm not adverse to be proven wrong, which is why I have no problem at all recognizing your point, or doing this little correspondence without getting too worked up.

I do hope you'll stop by before august though. If the forums would be nothing but types like me, CDPR would come under the impression they can get away with more. I need people like you to keep them second guessing. Such is the delight of a good debate. I'm sure your opinion is worth more than you think it is to CDPR. It is to me. :)

Top Bottom